The Falkirk FC Thread

The toothless passing game that got us into Europe, won this crappy league twice, finish seventh in the country twice and never saw us relegated from the top flight.

If you think this is more exciting or better than any of the Yogi seasons except 03/04 you need sectioned. We've been shite every season since the big man left.

EDIT: The football under Yogi was a joy to watch too.

The only time where it was nearly as enoyable was when Higgy/Farid were on form the first half of that season.

Wish we had spunked half of that windfall from last season chasing a 3rd place finish this season.

That would've been grand

I can see both sides to that , as much as it seems silly to chuck money trying to compete with hibs and sevco you can't guarantee we will have this decision to ourselves anytime soon, what if hubs don't go up this year? fcuk what if rangers don't and Dundee its and Kilmarnock or both come down? You can't just save money for when all the big teams are gone , if that's next season then fine but if its another 2,3 4 or more years fans will be well and truly scunnered with life in this league. We're going to just have to pish with the cock we've got.

Horrendous news, quality player with a great attitude. His interview after signing his new contract is the best interview I've ever seen from a Falkirk player. I love the guy.

Hopefully this presents a chance for someone like Ryan Blair to step up and get some first team game time rather than wasting it on a diddy like Smith or Alston.

I wonder if we could tempt Norwich to give us McGrandles till the end of the season?

Baird is on six so far, one behind his total for us last season and 3 behind Loy's total for last season so looking not bad to hit at least 12. Miller and McHugh are on two for the season one behind Botti's three.

If McHugh and Miller kick on after recently opening their accounts for the season we are looking good to have a better goal difference to last season which could be important come the end of the season.

Seething they will be seething

I'm quite apoplectic, I must say.

In truth, had his finishing not been a bit ropey until Saturday there? I'm sure I kept reading about him squandering chances, amid all the general moaning on here.

Has he still got an odd record of scoring nearly all of his goals away from home?

I'm quite apoplectic, I must say. In truth, had his finishing not been a bit ropey until Saturday there? I'm sure I kept reading about him squandering chances, amid all the general moaning on here. Has he still got an odd record of scoring nearly all of his goals away from home?

He's scored them all in away games.

John Baird will never be the most skillful player in the world but I'm glad we've got him. Does a power of running and doesn't give defenders a minute, a very useful player to have around.

He's scored them all in away games.

John Baird will never be the most skillful player in the world but I'm glad we've got him. Does a power of running and doesn't give defenders a minute, a very useful player to have around.

I was delighted when we signed him as I'd always thought he was impressive for Raith Rovers against us. I was sorry when he left, mainly because he went to you, our main rivals at the time. He really hadn't done great for Queens though and was not usually getting a start.

He did seem to lack composure at times, but he's certainly lively.

Right now, I'd take him back, but that reflects our current shitness more than anything else.

I was delighted when we signed him as I'd always thought he was impressive for Raith Rovers against us. I was sorry when he left, mainly because he went to you, our main rivals at the time. He really hadn't done great for Queens though and was not usually getting a start. He did seem to lack composure at times, but he's certainly lively. Right now, I'd take him back, but that reflects our current shitness more than anything else.

I'd probably prefer to see him start on the bench. By that I mean that it would be great to have 2 strikers in front of him that we could rely on to be banging in the goals most weeks but he would certainly be someone that could make a difference when coming on.

In other words, someone who would be a valued member of the squad that we could rely on if needed.