The Falkirk FC Thread

No, you were talking about Queens challenging Falkirk, in a thread about a match against Alloa.

Queens won't be challenging Falkirk, we can all see that. I merely joined in the debate on the thread which was centred around whether that game was a must win. I said it was - unless expectations since the start of the season had changed. Perhaps your wisdom can enlighten me in terms of how you read that as not being about the game in question?

Queens won't be challenging Falkirk, we can all see that. I merely joined in the debate on the thread which was centred around whether that game was a must win. I said it was - unless expectations since the start of the season had changed. Perhaps your wisdom can enlighten me in terms of how you read that as not being about the game in question?

The game was being described as a "must win" for Fowler to keep his job. No one had mentioned season expectations or challenging Falkirk ... until you dived in.

There's been a lot of rubbish on this thread since it was created a number of years ago but the last part of you post is up there with one of the worse I've seen, and that's saying something.

How ?

Unless Messi pulls something out the bag next world cup, he will be another player who hasn't fulfilled his club career to international.

Scoring against Boliva, Guatemala, Venezuela and such then scoring against Nigeria and Iran in a world cup allowing him to somehow win player of the tournament, he was nowhere near the best player at that world cup

He has one world cup perhaps two at a push to put him anywhere near his club form, funny thing is that he has dual nationality with Spain allowing him to play for Spain. I personally feel Ronaldo has done more for Portugal where he has a love/hate relationship with a large part of the Portuguese community.

Messi was excellent at the WC last time. And despite a lack of goals, the time before that as well.

Messi did reasonably well at the last world cup though the decision to give him player of the tournament was ridiculous. He wasn't even Argentina's best. He had be no means an awful World Cup in South Africa either but it's a stretch to say he was "excellent".

He hasn't really grabbed a World Cup by the scruff of it's neck and shown himself to be head and shoulders above others in the way you might expect though, especially given that unlike Ronaldo he has a supporting cast around him that was good enough to win it.

Compare and contrast with the likes of Thomas Mueller who has dominated a couple of World Cups now, Miroslav Klose who always raised his game for them and Iniesta and Xavi who owned the South Africa one. The truth as ever is somewhere in between. Messi hasn't been poor in World Cups but he hasn't been anything particularly special either.

It's this nonsense, misty eyed view that international football is still the ultimate proving ground for a player.

Any post that even slightly hints at Miroslav Klose being more accomplished than Lionel Messi is completely mental.

Well yes it would be. However as nobody said that we wont worry about it and we'll gloss over your struggle with understanding what was actually said.

It's this nonsense, misty eyed view that international football is still the ultimate proving ground for a player.

Any post that even slightly hints at Miroslav Klose being more accomplished than Lionel Messi is completely mental.

He has accomplished more with his country though, so eh na! just leave it at that.

It is hardly surprising that our Sibbs hasn't been giving his U-21 call up. Remember the SFA never gave Crunchie a call up

Take a f**k to yerselves

its hardly suprising? i know hes great with the ball at his feet. but come on. i sit in the main stand with all the happy clappers , watch next time if you dont believe me, housten talks him throu the whole feckin game, forward sibbs back sibbs over a bit sibs. holt was the same tho he generaly roared a wee bit less. still 4 years in the first team and you need a manager to tell you where to be in the game? if thats international quality then we're fucked. hes got great skill sure but i cant see him having a career outside of scotland. maybe a move to a st johnstone type club.

He may end up wishing hed stuck in at school

its hardly suprising? i know hes great with the ball at his feet. but come on. i sit in the main stand with all the happy clappers , watch next time if you dont believe me, housten talks him throu the whole feckin game, forward sibbs back sibbs over a bit sibs. holt was the same tho he generaly roared a wee bit less. still 4 years in the first team and you need a manager to tell you where to be in the game? if thats international quality then we're fucked. hes got great skill sure but i cant see him having a career outside of scotland. maybe a move to a st johnstone type club.

He may end up wishing hed stuck in at school

Aye he's rubbish. You'd be best to send him to us...

aw come on mate, i didnt say rubbish but its all relative. what looks decent at our level isnt realy all that, besides he'l be 21 in 7 months and hes yet to be called up in all that time i believe? despite 4 years of first team football a "source" someone who knows his brother ..or something believes no clubs came for him in the summer. hes got plenty of skill for sure but when you think of players who we've sold in the last couple of years most were in fact younger than him , only jay fulton was older. he wouldnt cost alot of money since we dont have a pot . im not trying to slate the lad as much as it sounds like i am, but if hes that good why isnt he playing for someone a bit better than us?