The Falkirk FC Thread

Not convinced he is better than Reilly but I have never really fancied Lyle and would have Baird over him all day.

McHugh is going to be a top player for us if he stays fit.

He maybe didn't have as good a time at Queens as Lyle or Reilly but he's better than both in general. His performances for us have shown that and he's been superb at this level before.

He's not better than Reilly - not even close actually.

He hadn't been "superb" at this level before. He'd been quite good - good enough to get a move to Dundee that didn't work out well.

I was excited when we signed him because he'd been good against us for Raith. A glance at his stats though showed that he actually hadn't been particularly prolific there either.

The purplest patch of his career is probably happening right now in fact.

What a job Houstie and the players are doing.

We don't fear going behind now, just look at yesterday and Ibrox last month. Last year we wouldn't have won games like that, we may even have lost a late equaliser.

Hibs will, at some point, "Hibs" it and we just need to be on their coat tails to take advantage.

Be great, with the international break next week (Sevco and Hibs not playing too) to get another win versus Alloa at home. Hopefully the punters continue to come out in good numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

I fear that we may be, but moments from a crowd w**k here.

What do you reckon Hearts will do with Reilly? They're flying and he's a bit part player. He'll get about 5-6 goals this season maybe? That's being generous given that he's got one so far. Will a top flight team take a punt on him? If not then you're looking at Falkirk/St Mirren or Queens/Raith level clubs.

I'd probably take him at Falkirk as well but it's not such a ridiculous viewpoint that Baird is superior to him. Baird has 17 in 35 for us. Reilly got 15 in 39 for Queens last season according to Soccerbase.

I want to know ToonBairns opinion of Baird now, having previously slating him. A great player at this level, delighted to have him.

Credit to Housty and the players, let's keep it going.

He's too preoccupied posting thinly veiled sectarianism at half 12 on a Thursday night in the national team forum: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/227054-kieran-tierney/?p=9926907

Some laddy.

What do you reckon Hearts will do with Reilly? They're flying and he's a bit part player. He'll get about 5-6 goals this season maybe? That's being generous given that he's got one so far. Will a top flight team take a punt on him? If not then you're looking at Falkirk/St Mirren or Queens/Raith level clubs.

I'd probably take him at Falkirk as well but it's not such a ridiculous viewpoint that Baird is superior to him. Baird has 17 in 35 for us. Reilly got 15 in 39 for Queens last season according to Soccerbase.

It is a pity that he's not featuring for Hearts. Of all our departed players, his job in establishing himself always looked likely to be the hardest. So it's proved and it's frustrating to lose a top player, so that he can sit on someone else's bench.

I'm not sure how long his Hearts contract is to be honest, but unless it's just a year, he's probably going nowhere for a while.

As I said, Baird is currently having a great run. Reilly had a good season last year, but the tail end wasn't great. Comparing these two specially selected spells is hardly conclusive.

Over their careers thus far, I think Reilly clearly has more to offer.

What a job Houstie and the players are doing.

We don't fear going behind now, just look at yesterday and Ibrox last month. Last year we wouldn't have won games like that, we may even have lost a late equaliser.

Hibs will, at some point, "Hibs" it and we just need to be on their coat tails to take advantage.

Be great, with the international break next week (Sevco and Hibs not playing too) to get another win versus Alloa at home. Hopefully the punters continue to come out in good numbers.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

You've been saying for about 7 weeks we're going to Hibs. 13 matches unbeaten with 12 wins.

How many of Baird's 17 are penalties? Reilly didn't take them. Anyway, leaving that aside I acknowledge they have similar scoring records at this level.

He maybe didn't have as good a time at Queens as Lyle or Reilly but he's better than both in general. His performances for us have shown that and he's been superb at this level before.

What have Lyle and Reilly's performances for you shown?

I liked Baird. I was disappointed he left. But he's not as good a footballer as Lyle and he's not as good a finisher as Reilly. And I've seen all three of them playing for the same team in the same period. He's doing well at the moment and I'm pleased for him.but it's about a month since Falkirk fans on here in general were calling for him to be left out. He's going to have to put together a much more sustained run of form for it to be considered something better than just a purple patch.

Reillys a decent player and id take him at falkirk in a heartbeat. Lyle to me has benefited greatly from the continual drop in standards of scottish football. He like baird is a decent championship player and nothing more.

I don't think anyone said Lyle was anything more. I'm not utterly convinced Reilly is anything more either though he certainly has youth on his side and plenty of time to develop into something above this. Robbie Neilson obviously sees something in him worth taking a punt on. Lyle is a much better player than he was a decade ago though and a better player than most opposition fans give him credit for.

You've been saying for about 7 weeks we're going to Hibs. 13 matches unbeaten with 12 wins.

Fair play that Hibs are undoubtedly the form team in Scotland and Stubbs fully deserved his manager of the month for October, but you must know why pretty much everybody is waiting on Hibs to Hibs it.

Fair play that Hibs are undoubtedly the form team in Scotland and Stubbs fully deserved his manager of the month for October, but you must know why pretty much everybody is waiting on Hibs to Hibs it.

We're obviously going to lose a game at some point and it'll be because the other team has performed better than us on the day. Not because we've Hibs'd it.

We're obviously going to lose a game at some point and it'll be because the other team has performed better than us on the day. Not because we've Hibs'd it.

Well if I learnt 1 thing in October it's that you don't need to outperform the opposition to win a game.

You just need the ref to give you a complete non event penalty