The Falkirk FC Thread

That posters have sought to turn the tables to deflect from their side's serious shortcomings ahead of the new season points to them being rattled, frankly.

I think the fact that our inevitable season of depression and Morton fans' most optimistic season in years still leaves it a toss up who will finish higher in the league says it all :lol:

Edited by H_B

Why are you restricting it to the First Division? The undeniable fact here is that Allan Moore has done far more in his managerial career than Steven Pressley. Anyone apart from a goalpost changer like yourself seriously wish to deny this?

Allan Moore who has had far many more years in management and started at an easier level of management. Come back to me when Pressley's been in management for as long as Moore has.

And, Pressley wasn't more successful. Moore acheived his target last season: a transition from a poor squad to a decent one matched with a midtable finish. Pressley's target to achieve promotion ended in utter failure. Now that the tables are turned, you've went to the financial shitter and we've stabilised, we'll see how they get on.

7th is mid-table now is it? Utter failure until the penultimate weekend? Nothing like twisting the truth.

I think we all know the reason why you're 'bringing through the academy players' en masse next season. It's because you're skint and have squandered the remainder of your budget on a small handful of duds, right?

All Scottish clubs are skint. Granted not are all in the financial restraints we are in just now, but no longer can most Scottish clubs go out and pay big transfer fees for players. This should be the model used for most football clubs in Scotland, where the players do not cost anything to come in and if they develop well, make a few bob for the club.

What are you drivelling about? McManus has a worse record than a goal in every two games, right, so did all our donkeys last season.

7 goals in 12 games, thats a goal ratio of just more than 1 goal every 2 games. A fantastic ratio, which I doubt any of your strikers reached last season.

Difference is we then went out and sorted that problem by releasing the donkeys and signing good strikers: you're trying to sign yours as a talisman.

laugh.gif Andy Jackson? As somebody pointed out earlier, not very prolific for the exception of one season. Name the last time he played a full season. He wasn't even used last season when St Johnstone couldn't score in a brothel.

Why would I register for a paper that I can pick up for free daily? :wacko:

To prove to that Jackson joined because of Morton owning the training ground and stadium, as you have said.

Allan Moore who has had far many more years in management and started at an easier level of management. Come back to me when Pressley's been in management for as long as Moore has.

He has a point there to be fair. Pressley is a useless cnut, and Moore would have been a much better choice last summer.

But we don't own our training facilities...

True.

And look at what it has :- "A totally refurbished building, containing canteen, kitchen, dressing room, showers, fitness equipment and leisure activities, accompanies a full-sized pitch"

It's got showers and everyfink.

In hindsight yes. But he's here now so nothing else to do but back him, he's going nowhere this season.

A season is a long time. I'm still hopeful he won't see it out.

A season is a long time. I'm still hopeful he won't see it out.

For that to happen I can only see two scenarios:

Romping the league with ease, thus attracting suitors for our manager

Staring relegation in the face by Christmas.

If we are safe in the middle of the table (still above Morton mind) then he'll be safe in his job as well.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one...

7th is mid-table now is it? Utter failure until the penultimate weekend? Nothing like twisting the truth.

Yep: you're a case in point. You failed to reach your target despite Dundee being given a huge points deduction and finished below Raith, a side with no ambition of winning the title. Which is why Pressley is a dud and a failure. We acheived mid-table medicority in a transition season, which was the target.

All Scottish clubs are skint. Granted not are all in the financial restraints we are in just now, but no longer can most Scottish clubs go out and pay big transfer fees for players. This should be the model used for most football clubs in Scotland, where the players do not cost anything to come in and if they develop well, make a few bob for the club.

Oh great, thanks for that utterly pointless lecture. Some clubs are more (or less) skint than others. We, for example, are richer than you. St Mirren are currently richer than us.

Money determines the likelihood of challenging, not how many people you get through the gate.

7 goals in 12 games, thats a goal ratio of just more than 1 goal every 2 games. A fantastic ratio, which I doubt any of your strikers reached last season.

Wikipedia says 7 in 16 actually. I think you're using the always fun 'goals/starts' only counts, in which case we'd have complete diddies like Iain Russell topping the list, because apparently goals off the bench count infinitely more.

And as I said, we got rid of our crap strikers. You're handing yours a new deal.

laugh.gif Andy Jackson? As somebody pointed out earlier, not very prolific for the exception of one season. Name the last time he played a full season. He wasn't even used last season when St Johnstone couldn't score in a brothel.

Andy Jackson isn't prolific at SPL level. Last time I checked, this wasn't the SPL. Your point is?

To prove to that Jackson joined because of Morton owning the training ground and stadium, as you have said.

I've told you where the evidence is, if you don't believe me then look it up. All it takes is your registration (and incidentally, the Tele does not take kindly to copy and paste jobs at the moment)

Wikipedia says 7 in 16 actually. I think you're using the always fun 'goals/starts' only counts, in which case we'd have complete diddies like Iain Russell topping the list, because apparently goals off the bench count infinitely more.

Not really when all of McManus's goals came in the games he started..... :rolleyes:

Haven't read the Falkirk Herald in months and thought I'd see what they said about the two games up North. I'm not sure if they're just trying to drum up a bit of excitement about the young lads or if I was at different match.

Jay Fulton put in a "revelationary performance" against Locos and Kingsley looking "assured" against Peterhead. Aye ok then.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Fwiw, the pitch is looking fantastic. Pity we done have the players to deseve such a surface at present :(

Really? I thought the pitch was in relatively poor condition the other night with the goal-mouths in particular being extremely poor.

Really? I thought the pitch was in relatively poor condition the other night with the goal-mouths in particular being extremely poor.

Amazing what some treatment can do for it ;)

I was on the pitch today and there is a big difference from Wednesday night

Amazing what some treatment can do for it ;)

I was on the pitch today and there is a big difference from Wednesday night

Rough it up for dirty Leeds...... :lol:

Heading down tomorrow....twill be my last look till the 30th.....

I decided T in the park over up north late on and had stuff organised with other games so far.....

The lack of a squad has had me questioning why and I know pre season games are generally pants apart from when you beat Ajax....but I havent felt so bothered about not going so far.....infact I was gonna go to Motherwell v Leeds tomorrow until I found out the Leeds Falkirk branch supporters aint coming up for the game.....So its Preston......Quick glance at who Preston have and Ian Hume....one of my Tranmere Favourites 5ft 7in and the heart of Crunchie and can jump 8 feet and I already knew they had Barry Nicholson, other than that a team of journey men........Probably good Scobbie at left back as he would probably wouldve been fighting with Hume.....