The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Wilson was signed as (or at the very least as competition to) our main striker so I’m not sure why he’d be on “buttons”.

Also lol at the disgust at a potential signing being leaked (if it’s true). Happens at every single club because there’s a huge number of parties that actually know about it. 

Wilson was not signed as our main striker.  What utter rubbish.  He was signed as a young squad player from part-time Dumbarton.  Anyone who thinks we've suddenly freed up a first-team wage is gonna be disappointed.

5 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Wilson was not signed as our main striker.  What utter rubbish.  He was signed as a young squad player from part-time Dumbarton.  Anyone who thinks we've suddenly freed up a first-team wage is gonna be disappointed.

Do you remember our striking options? Keena who was injured, dowds who wasn’t fancied and loaned out, sammy ompreon, and unproven kid Michael Ruth. He was definitely more than peanuts squad player. Not saying his departure allows for any incomings however 

I’m hearing the boy Daramola is signing for Kelty. This provides a number of questions. Is he good enough to play at this level? Personally I don’t think so but time will tell. Are they preparing for the loss of Agyeman? Most importantly, given that this rumour has reached Falkirk, how many heads are gona roll at Kelty for such a leak? Disgraceful. 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

If it is true and the board are leaking potential signings again then they need hunted.

The return of a favored few attention seekers getting snippets of inside information for their self-gratification does not bode well for the future stewardship of the club. 

Hopefully its just the ramblings of somebody wanting attention that told you. 

I should clarify I didn't hear from anyone on the board. Also not looking for any gratification. Was just a heads up to other fans we might have a new player soon. Some folk can be really toxic on here. I won't post again. 

11 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I should clarify I didn't hear from anyone on the board. Also not looking for any gratification. Was just a heads up to other fans we might have a new player soon. Some folk can be really toxic on here. I won't post again. 

Thank you for the belated clarification.

No need to flounce off though - if you've read the thread for long enough you'll have identified who can be safely ignored, as most of us have.

28 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Do you remember our striking options? Keena who was injured, dowds who wasn’t fancied and loaned out, sammy ompreon, and unproven kid Michael Ruth. He was definitely more than peanuts squad player. Not saying his departure allows for any incomings however 

You've got your dates confused.  Ompreon and Ruth came after Wilson so if the latter was our main striker than why sign the former?  

37 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m hearing the boy Daramola is signing for Kelty. This provides a number of questions. Is he good enough to play at this level? Personally I don’t think so but time will tell. Are they preparing for the loss of Agyeman? Most importantly, given that this rumour has reached Falkirk, how many heads are gona roll at Kelty for such a leak? Disgraceful. 

He isn't signing for kelty. He's staying at boness for the rest of the season

Guest Brockvillenomore
1 hour ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

Thanks for clarifying. Do you know a name or position? @Forever_Blue_ I agree it can be toxic on here but it’s a small minority thankfully. 

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I never said it was the board- could easily be an existing player or even a staff member 

Another poster said the Board should go if it’s true so I was replying to that! 

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

Another poster said the Board should go if it’s true so I was replying to that! 

The same poster who, last summer, spent weeks and weeks peddling his "boardroom leaks" theory which, to the surprise of absolutely no-one, turned out to be complete, utter and total nonsense.

If you're still paying the slightest bit of attention of him - don't bother.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, AGPar said:

The same poster who, last summer, spent weeks and weeks peddling his "boardroom leaks" theory which, to the surprise of absolutely no-one, turned out to be complete, utter and total nonsense.

If you're still paying the slightest bit of attention of him - don't bother.

Fair point, sometimes it’s hard to ignore though 😂

1 hour ago, Mon_Eh_Bairns2018 said:

Late night sauces giving me the name, Blaine Rowe. Seem to be looking at him

Asked the Ayr fans what they thought of him but he only had a few brief cameos with them before getting an injury and returning to Coventry.

"He came on against Partick and definitely offered some pace and directness down the right. People wanted to see him start, didn’t happen then got injured and was never seen again."

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Asked the Ayr fans what they thought of him but he only had a few brief cameos with them before getting an injury and returning to Coventry.

"He came on against Partick and definitely offered some pace and directness down the right. People wanted to see him start, didn’t happen then got injured and was never seen again."

Listed as a defender on Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaine_Rowe