The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

I agree it is total income.  However we were told that the Board had increased the income targets for this season in order to fill the void.  My point is that if we've yet to reach 100% of last season's figures yet, then we haven't even started to meet the extra.  Limited opportunity to do so too given we only have six home games left this season (more if we progress in the cup and stay in a playoff spot ofcourse).

We've had five home games since the end of November so I'm assuming that our income to date has now surpassed the total for last season and that we've started to eat in to the surplus figure.

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be nice if the FTV interviewer asked some of the questions fans wouldn't mind hearing answers on.

'Any update on how long the injured players will be out for?'

'What positions are you're looking to recruit for this window?'

I’d have thought he is only asking the questions JMcG is willing or able to answer. 

50 minutes ago, Rugster said:

We’ve reached 98% of last seasons total income by November. That is phenomenal. Maybe you misread it. 

Want to miss it and surprise surprise post liked by Pedro! 

Don't imagine it will be a long queue to forget all the patronising shite SA spouted in our direction, and the varying catastrophes of the last few years the MSG overseen, in order to kiss his arse on the basis that he MIGHT have elected to put his own personal money, through his own choice, into a business.....

Some odd takes on the go tonight. 

9 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Would be nice if the FTV interviewer asked some of the questions fans wouldn't mind hearing answers on.

'What positions are you're looking to recruit for this window?'

Yawn 🥱 yet another stage managed interview, same old and getting boring.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Want to miss it and surprise surprise post liked by Pedro! 

Why would I want to miss it?  But if you think we're going to raise £600k between now and the end of the season then good luck to you.  Only way that's happening is with a decent cup run.

31 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Don't imagine it will be a long queue to forget all the patronising shite SA spouted in our direction, and the varying catastrophes of the last few years the MSG overseen, in order to kiss his arse on the basis that he MIGHT have elected to put his own personal money, through his own choice, into a business.....

Some odd takes on the go tonight. 

Its a fair enough guess that a reasonable amount in soft loans may have been contributed by SA or MR, there’s also been an uptake in both numbers and contributions from the FSS to the tune now of nearly 8k per month, both further share investment and loans from members of the patrons group then on top of that 14 generous fans have purchased 10 years season tickets at 5k a pop. All of the people or groups listed above deserve our thanks and appreciation as fans including the guys on the BOD for pulling it all together. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

7 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Why would I want to miss it?  But if you think we're going to raise £600k between now and the end of the season then good luck to you.  Only way that's happening is with a decent cup run.

From November not from now 

5 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Its a fair enough guess that a reasonable amount in soft loans may have been contributed by SA or MR, there’s also been an uptake in both numbers and contributions from the FSS to the tune now of nearly 8k per month, both further share investment and loans from members of the patrons group then 14 generous fans have purchased 10 years season tickets at 5k a pop. All of the people or groups listed above deserve our thanks and appreciation as fans. 

That's all well and good, but some of the inferences here have been that these people were never deserving of criticism in the first place and we should all be remorseful over it. Not for me. 

9 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

If between July and November we made £1,274,000 (98%) and half of that (£637,000) was season ticket money then we still made £637,000 in five months. If that's the case then can I ask why do you think we would then not be able to make an additional £600k in the 6 months from December to May? Seems a pretty reasonable estimation to me? And clearly seems reasonable to the auditors who have to be assured before they sign off on the accounts and are likely to be more cynical than you about it.

I think also on top of that they have said season ticket money usually only makes up 15% of total income per year so it's possible we made more than £637k in 5 months. 

17 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Yawn 🥱 yet another stage managed interview, same old and getting boring.

What do you want the interviewer to ask? 

'Any new signings on the horizon John?'

'Not at the moment lewis, but if there was I wouldn't tell you because that could potentially f**k it up'

1 hour ago, Bairnoftheyear said:

Well done indeed. Despite all the abuse they’ve received on here and from some Patrons they stepped up and saved the club. Hopefully some people will reflect upon their previous behaviour as there’s every chance we will need to go cap in hand time and time again unless those in charge get a handle on things.

I would actually argue they are partly responsible for us being here. They appointed the Hendersons, Campbells, Langs and Deans of this world and all the shambles that lot brought to the club. Of course if they have helped the club out at this time great and they should be thanked along with everyone who has contributed what they can afford. 

3 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

What do you want the interviewer to ask? 

'Any new signings on the horizon John?'

'Not at the moment lewis, but if there was I wouldn't tell you because that could potentially f**k it up'

Thought he might have asked about Kennedy's situation. 

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

No they played high up the pitch - just as I said - came to TFS and sat deeper than the Atlantic Ocean. I wouldn’t want him genuinely. He was fucking rubbish every time he played for Dundee and Raith at our place 

Says allot more about your knowledge of football than it does about Benedictus tbf. 

39 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

'What positions are you looking to recruit for this window?'

Club managed media is exactly that, it'll be upto the manager in regards to strategy of player availability, likewise if your manager makes it clear he's gunning for a player, or even one in a certain position it puts the player in a slightly stronger position. 

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

McPake is the key. 

McPake is that much better a manager than McGlynn?