The Falkirk FC Thread

18 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Did anyone really expect us to continue the unbelievable form we were on all season? I dont think so, We had a great run, now we're having an poor run. Plenty of time to get back to winning ways.

I expected much much better than no goals in 4 games. 

You could argue all day long about our current position, but for me I think there would be a far darker mood around the place if we didn’t have the semi and the finances we’ve earned, that as some have posted should see next seasons budget taken care of.

Ive a few good colleagues that for the first time since McGlynn came on board had a good rant at Saturdays shite show, a round trip that cost three of them the best part of £600. Hoping that there’s a marked improvement on Saturday.   Perfect game for me.

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

You could argue all day long about our current position, but for me I think there would be a far darker mood around the place if we didn’t have the semi and the finances we’ve earned, that as some have posted should see next seasons budget taken care of.

Agreed, the semi is doing a lot of deflecting. We'd be in the last chance saloon staring part time football in the face if we didn't have it.

In the event that we get to the final we would be odds on to get a severe tanking even if we play well.

Wonderfull for our finances of course but sore to witness and not even the consolation of a European trip to Andorra or the like.

I could live with losing the semi final but losing in the playoffs would be a catastrophe.

54 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

That kind of form is literally what is required to be a title contender though. It is literally the minimum expectation for Falkirk in League 1 to be able to go on runs like that. Nobody would grab it with both hands if it still meant us being 7/8 points behind in mid-March. 

At the end of the day, our poor spells in autumn and in the last few weeks have balanced the good run. 

I just don't think we can look at a season where at best taking 4 points at best from your nearest challengers and biggest rivals can be seen a a successful while they walk to the title. 

Up until we lost at EEP we were title contenders granted we need to get a result there to keep us in it.
You have got to take into consideration the mess last season left us in, well at least most will and consider where we are now. I have not seen anything in this league or the league above that we should fear. However we need to find our form again. IMO The time to properly judge this season will be early/mid May, or hopefully even June 3rd. Until then it is all ifs and maybes. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I meant that, up until this season, we've been consistently shite!

Again, that’s not entirely true as far as stats go. if you take last season been wiped out of the equation then we’d be looking at an improvement on M&M who were sacked 2 points off the top with 4 games to go and put out both cups by Rangers and Celtic. We’re currently 11 points off top with 6 games left so the Scottish Cup Semi is papering over some cracks. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts

I really don’t but this ‘give us second place at the start of the season’ or fair play to Dunfermline who have lost one all season narrative. 

If you said we would drop 8 points vs Dunfermline and Kelty, 4 vs Clyde, 5 vs Airdrie and be 11 points off top at this point then you’d be ridiculed by the exact same people who are trying to play down where we currently stand. 

Dunfermline have had a great season but convert a loss vs them in to a win and we’d be 5 points behind going in to Saturday. We’ve dropped 26 points against other teams and only gained 1 vs the Pars so we’re as much to blame for being in this position than simply Dunfermline playing well. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Just me or are the club purposely quiet ahead of Saturday? Before every derby this season we’ve been very active on social media etc but apart from 1 match details update, nothing. 

Don’t get me wrong we are in no position to crow about anything league wise but with the amount of unsold seats I am surprised we aren’t talking the game up. Main stand looks no busier than a regular game & their are still tickets free for the KM stand which sold out about 10 days prior to the last game in November. (Granted we were only 4pts behind then). 

Edited by RC55 FFC

6 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Again, that’s not entirely true as far as stats go. if you take last season been wiped out of the equation then we’d be looking at an improvement on M&M who were sacked 2 points off the top with 4 games to go and put out both cups by Rangers and Celtic. We’re currently 11 points off top with 6 games left so the Scottish Cup Semi is papering over some cracks. 

Quality of the league was so much worse then than it is now. And this season we have had a higher ppg than that season. It genuinely is down to Dunfermline just being very good this season.

4 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Quality of the league was so much worse then than it is now. And this season we have had a higher ppg than that season. It genuinely is down to Dunfermline just being very good this season.

Nothing to do with us only winning 16 out of 30 games then?

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Just me or are the club purposely quiet ahead of Saturday? Before every derby this season we’ve been very active on social media etc but apart from 1 match details update, nothing. 

Don’t get me wrong we are in no position to crow about anything league wise but with the amount of unsold seats I am surprised we aren’t talking the game up. Main stand looks no busier than a regular game & their are still tickets free for the KM stand which sold out about 10 days prior to the last game in November. (Granted we were only 4pts behind then). 

I think it’ll be a combination of:

1. It’s a bit of a dead rubber (I know it’s a derby and we still have lots to play for, obviously - but talking in comparison to the previous derby games this season. We know they’re  going to win the league and we’ll in the play-offs) 

2. The fact that the last two times they’ve gone full out on social media promoting the game for days before, we’ve proceeded to shit the bed.

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

Easter weekend and many shelling out semi tickets won’t help. Throw in the shit form and probably got the perfect storm

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Nothing to do with us only winning 16 out of 30 games then?

You don't say? 🤔

The last time we won 16 games we finished second to Sevco, then Hibs in the Championship. We have no God given right to win this you know, just because we're Falkirk. We're a big fish in a small pond but we've been drowning for years. We're making progress. Yes, it's not as fast as we would all want, of course it's not, but we are making progress. I seems obvious to me that we can't go from being completely shit to completely brilliant. It could have happened certainly, but it surely can't be expected?

We still have 6 games to go so it's likely that we'll win more games this season than who knows when?

* Spoiler alert for you, it's highly, highly unlikely that we're going to win the Scottish Cup.

2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

It is strange but I'm quietly glad as every time we talk these games up we tend to buckle. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Easter weekend and many shelling out semi tickets won’t help. Throw in the shit form and probably got the perfect storm

You can add on the prospect of a couple of thousand Fifers coming through for a party and to generally rub our noses in it in the biggest way possible (and who can blame them?)

Saturday has the potential to be an extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable 90 minutes. Don't blame any fan for giving it as miss. 

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

You can add on the prospect of a couple of thousand Fifers coming through for a party and to generally rub our noses in it in the biggest way possible (and who can blame them?)

Saturday has the potential to be an extremely unpleasant and uncomfortable 90 minutes. Don't blame any fan for giving it as miss. 

That is only if they win, I'm pretty sure most Falkirk fans are at peace with the fact the league is out of reach and it probably won't bother anyone now. Although unlikely, if we went out and pumped them then they won't be rubbing our noses in anything. 

Edited by latapythelegend