The Falkirk FC Thread

What doesn’t help McGlynn, or any manager for that matter, is the constant mistakes we make. We seem to get punished at every one of them too. Both goals are so so poor. As were the Airdrie two, the Dunfermline two and the Montrose one. Do we need to shuffle the defence? Maybe put ( dear I sat it) Henderson back there? It’s clearly not working at the moment. 

He will rightly get credit from me IF he somehow manages to turn this around, getting us promoted. Semi final is an added bonus. 

The problem as been highlighted, strange selection and tactics, no real strategy and soft as shite at the back.

Need to somehow work on being solid at the back again, and building from there.

What a terrible time to hit a horrendous run of form.

Shocking performance tonight- Kennedy the only one with pass marks. Another honking game from two year deal Nesbitt, who contributed nothing.

McGlynn showed his stubbornness- even sticking with the one up front when chasing a goal. Kinnear will not do in goal for me and I’d be considering putting Henderson back in defence too.

That is now a 50% win ratio in league 1 which is just not good enough. I’m not advocating sacking McGlynn at this stage but other managers have been out the door based on a similar record.

Far from ideal to be going into the playoffs with 1 win in 8 league games.

3 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

To be fair he is doing exactly what the Rovers fans said he would do.

He's going to get tactically destroyed by Billy Dodds at Hampden FFS 😆

Most likely as his record against Inverness isn’t that great either nor is his playoff record don’t be surprised if he’s made an absolute arse of it with his team selection in both the semi final and the playoffs since there’s pressure on him…. Does he still play a lone striker or does he play 2 with you lot? 

Probably the worst performance of the season tonight. Players clearly think the seasons finished and if they keep up with that stinking attitude it will be as we are set for a good scudding from any team with a tiny bit of ability. 

1 minute ago, RRFC_Liam said:

Most likely as his record against Inverness isn’t that great either nor is his playoff record don’t be surprised if he’s made an absolute arse of it with his team selection in both the semi final and the playoffs since there’s pressure on him…. Does he still play a lone striker or does he play 2 with you lot? 

Persists with the 4-2-3-1 despite the fact we've not had a striker capable of playing that role since Alegria left in January. Oliver can fill in but he's toothless

I don’t think McGlynn will get you though the play offs but with Dunfermline out the way he should win the league next season at a canter, especially given he’ll have the biggest budget but some way I’d have thought.

Just now, RRFC_Liam said:

Lone striker despite none of our 4 strikers being suited to that role. Changed things against the Pars and Montrose recently and we got  4 points out of 6 but bizarrely went back to one up top Saturday and tonight and we got 1 point out of 6. He just doesn’t seem to want to change it long term.

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Lone striker despite none of our 4 strikers being suited to that role. Changed things against the Pars and Montrose recently and we got  4 points out of 6 but bizarrely went back to one up top Saturday and tonight and we got 1 point out of 6. He just doesn’t seem to want to change it long term.

The man is clueless but our BoD are beyond reproach so we’ll be in league three again next season.

is that 1 league win in 8? Alloa and Airdrie must be licking their lips watching McGlynn’s tactics (sorry, tactic) fall apart.

That he couldn’t work out that tonight was absolutely NOT the night to rest players is just incredible. This was the easier game to win, but instead, he screws it up completely. So back to Oliver up front on Saturday, and pray Alloa aren’t up for it (but they will be).

It seems play offs (regardless of position) is enough for him. The man is genuinely worrying me now.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I don’t think McGlynn will get you though the play offs but with Dunfermline out the way he should win the league next season at a canter, especially given he’ll have the biggest budget but some way I’d have thought.

He has never prevailed in the play offs. We are seeing nothing that says we will get through them this time either.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Shocking performance tonight- Kennedy the only one with pass marks. Another honking game from two year deal Nesbitt, who contributed nothing.

McGlynn showed his stubbornness- even sticking with the one up front when chasing a goal. Kinnear will not do in goal for me and I’d be considering putting Henderson back in defence too.

That is now a 50% win ratio in league 1 which is just not good enough. I’m not advocating sacking McGlynn at this stage but other managers have been out the door based on a similar record.

Far from ideal to be going into the playoffs with 1 win in 8 league games.

I'd say it's a crucial point in his job as Falkirk manager. The players have completely started to coast since the cup game absolutely no doubt about it and he hasn't helped. You just can't see any way we win a cup semi or playoffs on current form and I don't think McGlynn knows how to change it. If the players are capable of turning it on and off like a tap at their behest and we have all saw this movie before (when Dixon said we threw the league in September in the herald) then he's as good as done.

3 minutes ago, Enigma said:

especially given he’ll have the biggest budget but some way I’d have thought.

He's had the biggest budget by some way - make that a long. long way - this season. 

We haven't been able to mount anything approaching an even semi-credible title challenge.

Some of out fans still consider this to be a "miracle season" because the previous one was pretty much the single worst in our 147 year history.

Bewildering team selection tonight and got the appalling result it deserved.

We have some massive games coming up and the manager has to really up his game every bit as much as the players have to.

I have been largely supportive of the manager but no defence for that tonight.

Finally I’m no fan of Williamson but the booing when he was leaving the pitch from some arseholes in the KM  stand was out of order.

In reality after the quarter final we really should have been finding our ideal formation and starting line up to get the best out of the players we have but instead McGlynn's stuck with the same broken way of playing and just gave players rests here and there. 

The 4-4-2 diamond midfield has to be the way forward from now on, we can't persist playing with something that clearly doesn't work. One of either Henderson/McGinn in the anchor role infront of the defence, Max in the 10, Morrison & Kennedy on either wing with Burrell & Oliver upfront together.

I'd be tearing my hair out if I was Allan at the moment, imagine moving to a club who's paid money for you having already scored 10 goals for one of the worst teams in the league and only getting 2 starts. He's not done himself much favours when he's came on but given how shite we've been he should have had a lot more chances by now.

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I'd say it's a crucial point in his job as Falkirk manager. The players have completely started to coast since the cup game absolutely no doubt about it and he hasn't helped. You just can't see any way we win a cup semi or playoffs on current form and I don't think McGlynn knows how to change it. If the players are capable of turning it on and off like a tap at their behest and we have all saw this movie before (when Dixon said we threw the league in September in the herald) then he's as good as done.

I would be looking for a new manager for next season if we don’t turn up for the play offs. Rightly or wrongly, I suspect he might have gone already without the cup run.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Ryan Williamson being the best player on the park says a lot about the level some of these players have stooped to tonight.

In the end a bit of a dead rubber as I really think being away from home v Airdrie second leg suits us. Won’t judge us until after the semi and these games but so far the report card is going from A- to serious questions needing asked

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Bewildering team selection tonight and got the appalling result it deserved.

We have some massive games coming up and the manager has to really up his game every bit as much as the players have to.

I have been largely supportive of the manager but no defence for that tonight.

Finally I’m no fan of Williamson but the booing when he was leaving the pitch from some arseholes in the KM  stand was out of order.

Had Burrell been alive he'd have got himself one more assist than Blaine Rowe's had in his full time at us. I get the frustration due to him being made of chocolate but given we're one injury away from him starting games again have a bit of common sense.

12 minutes ago, Enigma said:

had the biggest budget this year though.