The Falkirk FC Thread

I’ve slagged McGlynn a bit/lot on here but I think it’s just frustration at where we again find ourselves. I’m not in the get shot camp but likewise I’m not in the he’s doing a great job camp. He has this transfer window for me, I want to see experience, physicality, goals and pace added to the squad. If we rock up in July/August and it’s same old he won’t last long. He has got a tiny bit of credit left in the bank so I’m willing to give him a chance.

If we start next season with draws and rotten performances McGlynn will come under real pressure quickly. 
I’m concerned that it may be competitive next year, QoS and Cove could be strong. However, it shouldn’t matter if they are good teams, a strong team in league 1 should still be beaten by Falkirk. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

if people want to keep him, then fine, but ffs please do not base it on “he did better than our worst season in our history”. That is absolutely no benchmark.

Equally, the chat about who he shifted. Just about everyone named was out the door anyway as their contracts had expired. Read it again….."he got rid of TWO in contract deadwood players in January. That’s it.

The players speak highly of him? That’s a helluva reason to stick with a guy who has given us one of our most brutal performances in living memory.

Experience in the league? Of course he has. He unfortunately doesn’t have much experience in winning leagues.

Trues to change things when needed? Are you kidding? That’s got to be a wind up.

Improved players? McKay is as bad as he ever was. Nesbitt is as bad as he ever was. So much so, he benched him for weeks.

Scored goals, but conceded plenty too.

Like I say, he is being kept. I think he will be gone by Christmas. I am actually terrified about what he is going to do in terms of recruitment. McGinn is well and truly done. Donaldson is as unpredictable as anyone else. His only success has been Henderson. I see no-one to build a team around. I see no real planning.

Let’s see where he goes with a reduced budget. My guess is “not very far”.

With respect, you're talking largely utter shite 

I am in the McGlynn in camp, but some of what has been on here is mental. 

His failure to change games when things aren’t going well was one of the reasons we failed.

Also believe McGinn is all but done unfortunately, would be looking to move him into a coaching/player role when needed.

18 minutes ago, sick boy said:

I am in the McGlynn in camp, but some of what has been on here is mental. 

His failure to change games when things aren’t going well was one of the reasons we failed.

Also believe McGinn is all but done unfortunately, would be looking to move him into a coaching/player role when needed.

I think he could do well in the middle of a back 3

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Dont base it off the league finish but base it off the one airdrie game?

If you are satisfied with the season, and our best finish since M&M, then fill your boots. Again, if you have been impressed by his upgrades, same again.

If you think he is going to win L1 for the first time in his life, then again, fill your boots. I have been well aware of his entire career, and in league terms, he just doesn’t cut it. Just look at his track record.

38 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Easy to say. So now expand on it with your version of things. Persuade me you have some insights that are beyond me. I think I might be waiting a wee while.

42 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Having re-read what I have said, I am even more keen to read your spin on things…… 

17 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think he could do well in the middle of a back 3

Would probably give him a try there if we are going down that route, but I don’t see much of a future for him in midfield, especially beside henderson.

Would need a runner in there IMO.

FWIW I think we will win the league next year, hearing promising things recruitment wise.

Just now, sick boy said:

Would probably give him a try there if we are going down that route, but I don’t see much of a future for him in midfield, especially beside henderson.

Would need a runner in there IMO.

FWIW I think we will win the league next year, hearing promising things recruitment wise.

The recruitment needs to be absolutely correct. Can you throw any more light on you’re last sentence?

26 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If you are satisfied with the season, and our best finish since M&M, then fill your boots. Again, if you have been impressed by his upgrades, same again.

If you think he is going to win L1 for the first time in his life, then again, fill your boots. I have been well aware of his entire career, and in league terms, he just doesn’t cut it. Just look at his track record.

He won it in 08/09 did he not?

Mcginn will do a job with a roll the sleeves up hard working runner playing alongside him. He also shouldn't be playing virtually every game. Get a decent leader in at the back beside  Donaldson and he'll be okay too. No excuses this year it's promotion or bust.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We're needing a sexy signing to brighten this thread up. 

That's why I invited you all over to the Pars thread... plenty of sexy signing chat there. 😘

Think it'll be a wee whole yet before the big signings get made for most clubs tbh. Still the promotion and relegation to and from the Premiership to be settled, still got play offs in England, academy prospects may not yet have been informed of their positions yet, etc. It's a long off season when our leagues finish relatively early and the others keep going.