The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Is it not just lifted straight from FM? 

I've only known handful of 100% accurate wages in my time, and none of them were ever correct on that site. 

Not a clue where it comes from but it's clearly nonsense. I do know a large number of player wages, and that site is nowhere near accurate. I expect like a stopped clock it may once in a blue moon get one right but it's no more reliable than asking a random number generator to guess it.

11 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

The last Bairnforlife cheque was paid in August for £10.2k. From what I’ve heard, Griffiths was paid about £30k in total for his time at Falkirk so would’ve needed more than the B4L money which would most likely have been spent. 

So did they pay in January too? 

20 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Which other clubs in Scotland are borrowing money from financial institutions? 

Any club with an asset they can offer as security against the loan. Because that is where you will get the best interest rate to pay back the loan.

Falkirk doesn't have such an asset hence the post regarding the long-term sustainability of the club.

11 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

There's absolutely no way Scott Arfield is signing for us in league 1,

Hypothetical questions.....

......What if Scotty doesn't really need the cash and perhaps wants to consider his future football career by being a player/coach at a club he is extremely grateful too (whilst getting some pocket money)? 

Plus maybe, as a nod to Craig Gowans, by wearing the No 37 shirt ?

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So did they pay in January too? 

Sorry totally messing my timeline up! Can’t see anything for January 2022 but presume they did donate some money to the club. Suspect it would be a similar amount though?

20 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

......What if Scotty doesn't really need the cash and perhaps wants to consider his future football career by being a player/coach at a club he is extremely grateful too (whilst getting some pocket money)? 

We'd all love Scott Arfield back at the club and he'd love to come back if the Sun article from a few weeks back is anything to go by. 

I reckon he'll end up at a Livi/Killie/Motherwell/Dundee next. I'm sure he lives in West Lothian and has a young family still to be provided for. He might not need the money but cash, some job security and continuing to play at as high a level as possible for as long as he can will come first before taking on any management job. 

28 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Most recent, best comparison I can think of for something similar was Dobbie going back to QOS a few years ago.

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

The last Bairnforlife cheque was paid in August for £10.2k. From what I’ve heard, Griffiths was paid about £30k in total for his time at Falkirk so would’ve needed more than the B4L money which would most likely have been spent. 

They paid the money for Griffith's in January though and I think usually it was about 25 to 30k . The money in August was just the remaining cash before it was stopped.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Any club with an asset they can offer as security against the loan. Because that is where you will get the best interest rate to pay back the loan.

Falkirk doesn't have such an asset hence the post regarding the long-term sustainability of the club.

So which FI have decided to pump money into a Scottish club? My guess would be Zero even with assets. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Sorry totally messing my timeline up! Can’t see anything for January 2022 but presume they did donate some money to the club. Suspect it would be a similar amount though?

So in theory 20k of Griffiths covered? 

Hearts seems the obvious move for Arfield from a level/capability point of view and for money. 

The intangibles in the equation are, he is thinking post playing. We can offer him a route into coaching and potentially management same as anyone else, so the level is SLIGHTLY less imoortant in that regard. He has quite literally already said he wants to come back and play for us. It still leaves a wildly unlikely situation, but what we are hoping for is the exception that proves the rule that these moves basically never happen. 

Its pure romance, but based on what the man himself went to the media and said, and the fact that what he wants is a post football pathway, let's at least talk to him, and offer that to him alongside the chance to fire us to promotion in a critical season for all, including young boys looking for the same path into pro football he took, and did so well from. 

The one thing that costs nothing is to lift the phone and talk to him. 

Eta I suppose the other intangible thing in the mix is how Scott Arfield himself feels about coming back to TFS and really retiring the 37 shirt. It will be in his head for sure. It would be quite the tribute to his best pal to do that. To finish what only one of them really got to start. Sometimes these things pull harder than pound notes. 

Edited by Bairnardo

1 minute ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Does anyone else think the legends graphics in the north stand will get defaced when/if the first big away support turns up? 

Always thought stainrod would look great with a big Mexican moustache 

I thought that at the Airdrie game. Don’t think it will happen next season due to the size of away crowds but going forward it could once we get to a league where bigger crowds are coming.

6 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Does anyone else think the legends graphics in the north stand will get defaced when/if the first big away support turns up? 

Always thought stainrod would look great with a big Mexican moustache 

Was my thought too.

Another couple of points. 1. I’m surprised that they decided to stick up Super Sam without a sponsor. 2. They could have done it for the start of next season and invited the actual players along for a pitch side walk about. Don’t think Stainrod or Latapy would turn up, but you never know. 3. I’d rather have had John Markie than Yogi, but that’s just my age talking.

On 22/05/2023 at 10:50, FFC 1876 said:

Nevermind Swinney, when's the next signing Chinatoon?

Just seeing this now, it would be nice to get another midweek announcement to tide us through to the weekend wouldn't it.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

22 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Was my thought too.

Another couple of points. 1. I’m surprised that they decided to stick up Super Sam without a sponsor. 2. They could have done it for the start of next season and invited the actual players along for a pitch side walk about. Don’t think Stainrod or Latapy would turn up, but you never know. 3. I’d rather have had John Markie than Yogi, but that’s just my age talking.

Stainrod turned up at the Dunfermline game this season. Dunno where he lives or that but I'd imagine he was asked about the legends board and I'm sure he would show face if there was a naming event or something. Why not?