The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wonder what Bainsford Bairn is up too 🤔

I have an awards ceremony coming up shortly for the senior women and their development team. I'm always sober at the main club Inchyra ones, but the venue for this is a little closer to home so I might just get pished with the girls. Me, a few coaches and forty young women. What could possibly go wrong?

That's kind of my focus just now, hence why I shan't comment on anything else. 😇

4 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

"smaller senior squad of around 20-22 players," 

How many did we have this year?

BB would know - 26/28 - not sure ?

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

BB would know - 26/28 - not sure ?

Makes sense, we saw Airdrie with a small squad do well this year, it's not that often you play 2 games in a week so probably best to go for quality over quantity and hopefully provide some opportunities to the young players 

38 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I have an awards ceremony coming up shortly for the senior women and their development team. I'm always sober at the main club Inchyra ones, but the venue for this is a little closer to home so I might just get pished with the girls. Me, a few coaches and forty young women. What could possibly go wrong?

That's kind of my focus just now, hence why I shan't comment on anything else. 😇

You can't take the spirit of the 'Big Bar' out of Bainsford blood

17 minutes ago, Bairn winner said:

Excellent update from the board, honest appraisal of the season and the hopes for next season.

Lot of wishful thinking and dressing up failure I'd say. 

In short, we're going to do nothing to address the failures of the management team but we've erm again told them to get us promoted. Though this time we really mean it 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

8 minutes ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Flexing over winning a glorified pre-season friendly against Hibs is more than a little cringe though.

It shows the paucity of good results to call upon.

I also like that all of our updates for years have made declarative statements about very debatable points. 

It's always 'there's no doubt the playing squad is better' or 'there's no doubt the management team are a step up'

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021