The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I think that site got outed as off the mark. We don't publish our wages but for what it's worth Omeonga is on about £600 per week. Came to us to get a move off the back of leaving Pescara where he was on 12.5k(!) p/w. I think he only took the deal as it was late into the window and as a favour to Bartley - they played at Hibs together. Parkes' wage is about half of what it actually is as well, which is eye watering given he just spent about 16 months out injured. 

I think a lot of those sites just use wage turnover and take a guess based on where players have played before, Pittman's is quite lower than what is actually is too.

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

If the last page is true, I’d be Fckn fuming if we lost Arfield to Livi.

You do seem to fume on a regular basis. Take a medicament and calm down. 

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

I agree, however we have enough backing to match anything Livi could offer.

Livingston will bring in well over £1m in prize money based on this season. We will be under 100k. The amount extra we bring in on ST’s won’t touch the sides of that. If Livingston want to offer him much more money than us I will be able to see why.

7 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We finished 7th in League One under Potter in 2014/2015 and were absolutely at our lowest ebb and Allan Johnston came in and immediately turned us into runaway champions and I think most people - before this season anyway - would agree that McGlynn is a better manager than AJ.

McGlynn inherited a mess but any argument that it was some major challenge is slightly misleading. He's a very experienced coach, had a really healthy budget and not only failed to win the title, he didn't even come close and was then battered senseless in the play-offs.

Sacking him would probably cost too much so think the Falkirk board are making the right call to let him try again but he certainly could have had zero complaints if they'd pulled the trigger.

His major problem was 14 players taking up 60% of the budget. On top of that no cash to clear anyone out he didn’t want. I think at that point he would have cleared the vast majority given the chance. From here he has no excuses

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You do seem to fume on a regular basis. Take a medicament and calm down. 

Livingston will bring in well over £1m in prize money based on this season. We will be under 100k. The amount extra we bring in on ST’s won’t touch the sides of that. If Livingston want to offer him much more money than us I will be able to see why.

Not in question and agree that Livi have greater finances. However we were able to finance Griffiths, why wouldn’t the club consider a package for Arfield? Yes it’s very possible he wouldn’t come down to league one, but at least let’s have a conversation. 

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Not in question and agree that Livi have greater finances. However we were able to finance Griffiths, why wouldn’t the club consider a package for Arfield? Yes it’s very possible he wouldn’t come down to league one, but at least let’s have a conversation. 

Griffiths was in last chance saloon due to his attitude, physical condition and various other issues - he wasn’t exactly getting a lot of offers.

By all accounts, Arfield is a top professional in great physical condition. He’ll have a lot of offers which he will seriously consider from both a career and financial viewpoint.

You really can’t compare the two players.

12 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

McGlynn could do with finding a way of fitting Jordan Allan into the team and a 3-5-2 could be it given who we have signed up so far but McGinn would get absolutely roasted at centre back. 

New
Donaldson New Henderson
New McGinn New Mccann
Lawal/Morrison
Allan Agyeman

mr and mrs New been very busy

How long does sibbald have left on his contract? May be more realistic to get him back if he is free. 

Hoping for an English team to chuck stupid money at signing Morrison and then just use the lot to bring Arfield home..... Its the hope that kills you but it's nice to get a little excited. 

10 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

We finished 7th in League One under Potter in 2014/2015 and were absolutely at our lowest ebb and Allan Johnston came in and immediately turned us into runaway champions and I think most people - before this season anyway - would agree that McGlynn is a better manager than AJ.

McGlynn inherited a mess but any argument that it was some major challenge is slightly misleading. He's a very experienced coach, had a really healthy budget and not only failed to win the title, he didn't even come close and was then battered senseless in the play-offs.

Sacking him would probably cost too much so think the Falkirk board are making the right call to let him try again but he certainly could have had zero complaints if they'd pulled the trigger.

That was a particularly pish league mind you. Ayr came second having lost a ridiculous 13 games . 

2 hours ago, Springfield said:

Griffith's was financed by bairn for life if I remember rightly. 

7 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

That was a particularly pish league mind you. Ayr came second having lost a ridiculous 13 games . 

Was even worse the year before. Mortonn going up as champions having lost 11.

11 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

😂

Jesus, are you the sort of person who believes everything some random says on the internet? That site has no more basis in foundation than asking my 13 year old to guess some figures.

10 hours ago, ATLIS said:

I think that site got outed as off the mark.

It's just utter nonsense. They haven't got a clue.

44 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Griffith's was financed by bairn for life if I remember rightly. 

The last Bairnforlife cheque was paid in August for £10.2k. From what I’ve heard, Griffiths was paid about £30k in total for his time at Falkirk so would’ve needed more than the B4L money which would most likely have been spent. 

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

😂

Jesus, are you the sort of person who believes everything some random says on the internet? That site has no more basis in foundation than asking my 13 year old to guess some figures.

It's just utter nonsense. They haven't got a clue.

Is it not just lifted straight from FM? 

I've only known handful of 100% accurate wages in my time, and none of them were ever correct on that site.