The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

All this chat of Arfield, Sibbald (I don’t know, even a Leahy) got me thinking, there’s probably not one ex-player since 2017 that would fill these pages that anyone would want back in any capacity, be it player, coach or manager. 

Er, Paul Dixon anyone??

Zak Rudden? Jordan McGhee, Tommy Robson, Reghan Tumilty, Andrew Nelson, Davis Keilor-Dunne, Aidan Connolly, Alex Jakubiak, Louis Longridge, Declan McManus, Anton Dowds, & Aidan Keena . 

We've had good players, many of whom have done well at a higher level after leaving us.  The problem is that we've surrounded them with too many failures who dragged them down. 

8 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Zak Rudden? Jordan McGhee, Tommy Robson, Reghan Tumilty, Andrew Nelson, Davis Keilor-Dunne, Aidan Connolly, Alex Jakubiak, Louis Longridge, Declan McManus, Anton Dowds, & Aidan Keena . 

We've had good players, many of whom have done well at a higher level after leaving us.  The problem is that we've surrounded them with too many failures who dragged them down. 

Declan Mcmanus, Jordan Mcghee and Alex Jakubiak are all out of contract. Bring them home.

I’ve read the statement and I honestly don’t think they should have made it. It was clear McGlynn was staying and they should have just left it for now. The statement they have put out will do nothing to appease those who want them gone or in turn give a boost to those who are for giving him more time.

18 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Welsh and Burgoyne off the top of my head can be added to that. Aero aswell, still playing at a way higher level. 

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Davis Keillor Dunn sent off twice for stupidity and cost us at Q of S then suspended for Alloa. He should have been left in Dumfries that night, a complete idiot.

4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I would be so excited to get Declan McManus back but we couldn't afford him now.   Now that Dundee United will go down, do you think we have a chance at bringing Sibbald home?

As wild as my Regan Hendry shout a few days ago

17 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Loan players? Not having that in the same breath as the aforementioned (as useful as they were). Louis Longridge flattered to deceive. Tommy Robson fell away. Jordan McGhee was okay to a point but still wouldn’t fit my bill for me being keen to come back.

End of season report card. Damned if they didn’t do one, damned when they do.

It was never going to be enlightening and in my opinion, pretty much as expected.

I’m not for McGlynn staying, but the next few weeks and his signings will define next season, both on and off the park. That’s more important than a brief resume from the BOD’s. 

1 minute ago, Numbers_One_To_Eleven said:

Loan players? Not having that in the same breath as the aforementioned (as useful as they were). Louis Longridge flattered to deceive. Tommy Robson fell away. Jordan McGhee was okay to a point but still wouldn’t fit my bill for me being keen to come back.

You wouldn't have Jordan McGhee back? Your winding me up? 

7 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I would be so excited to get Declan McManus back but we couldn't afford him now.   Now that Dundee United will go down, do you think we have a chance at bringing Sibbald home?

Not for me