The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

That could bite us if that's the case. It's an area of the park we were found wanting in last season too many missed chances. 

Only my opinion 

3 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

This has taken a battering for dislikes, but why does this seem unlikely to anyone in here? Our (failed) recruitment policy for the last 4 years has been to sign guys from the championship who haven’t been offered new deals and hope they can hit their best form for us. How often has that actually worked? I think it’s the furthest thing from exciting just taking players from the league above who aren’t wanted. For me we really need to start thinking outside the box a bit more because ultimately a team of championship rejects will not win you league one. 

I believe two premiership teams were looking at one of our three signings. Championship rejects they are not. 

4 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

This has taken a battering for dislikes, but why does this seem unlikely to anyone in here? Our (failed) recruitment policy for the last 4 years has been to sign guys from the championship who haven’t been offered new deals and hope they can hit their best form for us. How often has that actually worked? I think it’s the furthest thing from exciting just taking players from the league above who aren’t wanted. For me we really need to start thinking outside the box a bit more because ultimately a team of championship rejects will not win you league one. 

Which players have we signed who have been released or unwanted from Championship clubs? 

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Daily record reported Lang knocking back a one year extension the same as Spencer did. Not that that holds to much water in fairness 

Yeah doubt the Record is correct on Spencer, the situation was quite specific, he had the option to extend, not the club. I can’t imagine we fought too hard to keep him given the season just had/the fact he doesn’t really feel like he suits Murray’s style.

Lang I’d heard a while ago had bigger and better offers that we couldn’t hope to match, whether we tried to or not I’ve no idea.

Lang - Would absolutely have kept, shown enough post injury to warrant staying. Physical specimen and as others have said can be a bit rash. Young enough to still be a top top defender.

Spencer - If you’d have asked after season before the one just finished he’d have been in nearly everyone’s top 3 ‘must keep’. Faded badly this year however a talented guy but just doesn’t fit with the direction we’re hopefully going.

Both are easily championship level which should be exciting for Falkirk fans to know they’ve signed. We’d be the first to tell you they’re dug meat if that was the case.

Mcglynn will get you out of league one and Falkirk will be in my acca as league winners. 
Our 7th place finish doesn’t tell the full story but I’ll not bore you with the reasons why.

Really looking forward to seeing how McGlynn has us set up this season now. Hopefully see a lot more of Lawal as he's got that bit of magic in him. 

Hogarth
New Lang Donaldson Mccann
McGinn Spencer
Morrison Lawal Miller
MacIver/Agyeman

Seems like a set of decent signings on the face of it. Feet still firmly on the ground as we are still lumbered with too many of last season’s squad for my liking (a good number at McGlynn’s choice). 

Real quality in at right back and midfield and we may have a chance. Upfront could well be a big issue imo largely because Oliver and Maciver are unlikely to get you many goals.

Guest FFC1965

Three first XI players in - two of them big laddies and at least one a very decent midfielder footballer by all accounts ie what we needed.  

Add in Hetherington & PJ Morrison to Alloa and McGuffie to QOS and thats hopefully 6 moves that are all to the benefit of the Bairns.  

41 minutes ago, Balde Bairn said:

SPL years were good. Even when we were relegated we brought players like Taylor, Farid, Vaulks, Leahy. We sold players like David Weatherston because he was considered not quite good enough, my god he’d look world class compared to what we’ve had for the last 5-years. 

Well quite. All about where we are and who we can attract. 

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Really looking forward to seeing how McGlynn has us set up this season now. Hopefully see a lot more of Lawal as he's got that bit of magic in him. 

Hogarth
New Lang Donaldson Mccann
McGinn Spencer
Morrison Lawal Miller
MacIver/Agyeman

I don’t think McGinn and Spencer would work imo - too similar. Another box to box midfielder needed. Barajonas? Ferguson from St J? Squad is at 23 with 4 dev players. So 19 first team players with the board saying previously a squad of 20-22. Imo it’ll be 22. Potential for some players to be offloaded as well - McKay being the standout. A RB, centre mid, striker and potentially another winger ( we shall see if he plays Ageyman on the left or not).

Big sexy Tom Lang btw sexiest player since BSLM

Edited by Big chungus

Guest Ecosse83

I’d really like Mcglynn to try and get Allan in beside either Mackber or Agyeman next season. We need that striker that will score 15+ goals and it looks like Allan would be the only one capable, he can’t play up top himself though. 

Looking forward to the new strip being released, my wee lad will have one for holiday this month 👌

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Seems like a set of decent signings on the face of it. Feet still firmly on the ground as we are still lumbered with too many of last season’s squad for my liking (a good number at McGlynn’s choice). 

Real quality in at right back and midfield and we may have a chance. Upfront could well be a big issue imo largely because Oliver and Maciver are unlikely to get you many goals.

McGlynn has got to nail three possibly four positions that we are short in. We all know where the weaknesses are. For me we will toil if we don’t try and sign a proven CF at this level. 

15 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

I don’t think McGinn and Spencer would work imo - too similar. Another box to box midfielder needed. Barajonas? Ferguson from St J? Squad is at 23 with 4 dev players. So 19 first team players with the board saying previously a squad of 20-22. Imo it’ll be 22. Potential for some players to be offloaded as well - McKay being the standout. A RB, centre mid, striker and potentially another winger ( we shall see if he plays Ageyman on the left or not).

Big sexy Tom Lang btw sexiest player since BSLM

I would agree with you but McGlynn's described Spencer as a box to box midfielder and I really don't see him dropping McGinn so I think that'll be our pairing. Don't know where that leaves Henderson right enough.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I would agree with you but McGlynn's described Spencer as a box to box midfielder and I really don't see him dropping McGinn so I think that'll be our pairing. Don't know where that leaves Henderson right enough.

As an option at centre half I would presume. Henderson did a job in midfield hit not sure I’d want him there long term.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

Unless Murray has changed his position, the Raith highlights I watched Spencer was the deep lying midfielder and rarely got beyond the forward line.