The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I would agree with you but McGlynn's described Spencer as a box to box midfielder and I really don't see him dropping McGinn so I think that'll be our pairing. Don't know where that leaves Henderson right enough.

Might leave Henderson as more of a squad player, I like him as a footballer and he is capable of playing 3 different positions which helps when running with a slightly smaller squad. 

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Unless Murray has changed his position, the Raith highlights I watched Spencer was the deep lying midfielder and rarely got beyond the forward line. 

I'm not disagreeing with you but he only ever dropped McGinn last season when he really had no choice but to because of the injury he was carrying, weeks before that McGinn was toiling and McGlynn didn't look to drop him. 

I'd personally like another energetic centre midfielder in as an option, we may look for that in the loan market.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'm not disagreeing with you but he only ever dropped McGinn last season when he really had no choice but to because of the injury he was carrying, weeks before that McGinn was toiling and McGlynn didn't look to drop him. 

I'd personally like another energetic centre midfielder in as an option, we may look for that in the loan market.

Reagan Hendry? 

5 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeh not sure the makeup of the team so could be space for both. Maybe McGinn would make a good sweeper if McGlynn chooses to go with a back 3. Be interesting to find out anyway.

1 minute ago, Van_damage said:

He’d be an amazing signing if available but surely have better offers elsewhere?

You’d think he would, I’m just flinging names out here but I’m actually surprised we got Spencer who apparently had a number of offers from championship sides including Raith themselves so don’t think it’s an overly far fetched one to suggest. Almost certain McGlynn will have asked the question given their previous together. 

4 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Has he not just been released by a conference side in England? 

From a team who were just relegated to league 2 but the previous season he was a mainstay in their title winning league 2 side.

If we're looking for genuine signing contenders @Bainsfordbairnneeds to dig the preseason photo's out from when Spencer & Allan were on trial with us, I want to say Paul Mckay was the other trialist but I might have the wrong year.

It's goals my concern as it stands especially if McGlynn sticks with one up top.

The midfield seems top heavy in CM, McGinn and Spencer too similar, the options of goals from our CM options isn't great and forcing a diamond at times last season was very much trying to put square pegs in round holes.

46 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Unless Murray has changed his position, the Raith highlights I watched Spencer was the deep lying midfielder and rarely got beyond the forward line. 

Very much this

Spencer is anything but a box to box player but good player none the less

For me Lang before he did his ACL was a rolls royce of a player

Both should do well in the 1st division

On 14/06/2023 at 18:07, glasgow_bairn said:

At the tale end of last year I posted an illustration I did of the Hope Street end turnstiles.

In the last couple of weeks I completed a new drawing of the Brockville tunnel. 

I hope you all like it.

A5 and A4 prints available on my etsy store.

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SlappinDaBassDesigns?ref=seller-platform-mcnav

brokville tunnel etsy 1.jpeg

Brockville shop photo 1.jpeg

Just received mine, fantastic! Was not expecting the quick delivery!

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

From a team who were just relegated to league 2 but the previous season he was a mainstay in their title winning league 2 side.

If we're looking for genuine signing contenders @Bainsfordbairnneeds to dig the preseason photo's out from when Spencer & Allan were on trial with us, I want to say Paul Mckay was the other trialist but I might have the wrong year.

I mentioned to Brad today that I'd snapped him before in preseason and he remembered it. This was against The New Saints in Wales 2018. Jordan and I had that conversation six months previously. 

Paul McKay was the preseason a year later up at Stirling Uni. 

Brad Spencer (1).jpg

11 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Very much this

Spencer is anything but a box to box player but good player none the less

For me Lang before he did his ACL was a rolls royce of a player

Both should do well in the 1st division

And he got back from ACL well ahead of schedule- fitter and stronger all round- and skippered the team at Rangers in Cup. 

I think Falkirk have won a watch here.