The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

What I really want to see, and what I think Allan is uniquely capable of being in the pool we have (so far) Is for there to be someone in the box, looking to carve out a half yard for themselves when the wide men have the ball. I want there to be a guy in there who is actively looking for second balls, and who is keen and able to take one touch max before getting the shot away. Too many times we dither in and around the box. It seems likely if Allan plays it will be alongside one or more big lads. He needs to be the guy who finds the space and hoovers up the cahnces/loose balls created by great big b*****ds bullying their way around the defences. 

I totally agree, I’m hoping McIver and Allan could maybe be given a chance to forge a partnership, by all accounts McIver is decent in the air and Allen could maybe be the player to feed off his knock downs.

We moaned a lot last year about the likes of Allen and Wright being shite(Wright maybe was) but they only got bit part chances. Strikers are very much confidence players who need runs of games to build understandings with their colleagues and there is nothing like bagging a couple of goals to build the confidence.

10 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’d hope McGlynn has learned from playing lone front men last season that weren’t capable of playing there themselves and will look at alternative formations.

Allan will get poacher type goals but he needs someone up there with him.

So many times last season while Oliver was playing I thought if we had that poacher type forward they would have scored plenty, Oliver was forever going deep and being part of the build up and when a ball came across there was nobody there, if Allan can play that role effectively I think he can get a good return. I see him starting in the middle of the 3.

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Burrell was never the player some of our fans made him out to be and he quite clearly chucked it towards the end of the season. 

Why is Burrell being singled out for this particular accusation? The whole lot of them had "quite clearly chucked it". Beat Ayr United in a Scottish Cup Q/F on the 14th March, decided that was enough and subsequently blew up what could have been a very productive end to the season in the biggest way possible. 

In fact, from memory, he (in tandem with Oliver) had a very decent 90 minutes against the runaway league champions on 8/4 and came off the bench to score a last-minute equaliser against the other promoted side one week later. And on that basis alone, he contributed more in the run-in than plenty of the other charlatans and bottlers who offered the square route of f**l all in the final two months but are still hanging around creaming a wage.

Yet Burrell is specifically accused of having thrown in the towel. Or this insidious "bad influence in the dressing room" fantasy. Laughable stuff. I would not be n the least bit surprised if he returns to do us some damage next season.

18 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

So many times last season while Oliver was playing I thought if we had that poacher type forward they would have scored plenty, Oliver was forever going deep and being part of the build up and when a ball came across there was nobody there, if Allan can play that role effectively I think he can get a good return. I see him starting in the middle of the 3.

He can't play as the lone striker which is obviously why he only started 3 games for us last season. I've said it before but I really can't see McGlynn changing from the 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 as he calls it. He'll just use this summer to sign players who better suit that formation like MacIver for example.

That leaves Jordan Allan as an impact sub or only starting the games McGlynn decides to change up the tactics like when he went to the diamond midfield last season. 

McGlynn will want the 3 in midfield so the only other option is a 5-3-2 and I don't see him going with that as it would waste Morrison, Miller and possibly Agyeman if the plan is to play him out there.

Edited by FFC 1876

12 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Why is Burrell being singled out for this particular accusation? The whole lot of them had "quite clearly chucked it". Beat Ayr United in a Scottish Cup Q/F on the 14th March, decided that was enough and subsequently blew up what could have been a very productive end to the season in the biggest way possible. 

In fact, from memory, he (in tandem with Oliver) had a very decent 90 minutes against the runaway league champions on 8/4 and came off the bench to score a last-minute equaliser against the other promoted side one week later. And on that basis alone, he contributed more in the run-in than plenty of the other charlatans and bottlers who offered the square route of f**l all in the final two months but are still hanging around creaming a wage.

Yet Burrell is specifically accused of having thrown in the towel. Or this insidious "bad influence in the dressing room" fantasy. Laughable stuff. I would not be n the least bit surprised if he returns to do us some damage next season.

I think Burrell's body language in the play off games pretty much emphasised how much he didn't give a shite or what it looked like watching him in those games.  I don't think all had chucked it but trying to get out this league as we have seen there can be no passengers Donaldson and McKay in the last game against Airdrie leading to the goal, from what Falkirk Daft says Rowe and Morrison didn't get on personally thought Rowes attitude was better than Morrison and said at the start of the season Morrison looked overweight and unfit and took him a few weeks to lose a bit again poor start to the season.

15 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

New strip is nice 

Great video, having not been at the stadium for a long time I love all the memorabilia we have going on now. The stadium doesn't look as soulless any longer.

New strip is fine, love the nod to the Hummel classic.

Only thing for me that I cannot come to terms with (& will stop it being an iconic strip) is the carrot, I'm sorry......but let's not go down that rabbit hole again. It is what it is.

4 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I’d hope McGlynn has learned from playing lone front men last season that weren’t capable of playing there themselves and will look at alternative formations.

Allan will get poacher type goals but he needs someone up there with him.

Gabby McGill still not resigned yet, Pre season starting today,  Goalscorer s are like hens teeth,    can you see Falkirk giving him an offer he cannot refuse....  

7 hours ago, AGPar said:

Cos it’s Burrell we are talking about. He signed for Cove and was the topic of conversation and people were giving their opinion on him. Quite straightforward 👍🏻

10 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

I thought a championship team would've taken a punt on burrell for free so very surprised to see him rocking up at cove. 

It will we about cash. Another club built on sand that will collapse when the cash people get fed up

8 hours ago, AGPar said:

I would be. 

One thing I would agree with the negative lot is we look short of that “striker” a Declan McManus type. McGlynn looks like he has put his faith in a collective of Allen, Maciver, Morrison, Oliver, Aygeman and Lawal. For his sake he best hope it works out 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

One thing I would agree with the negative lot is we look short of that “striker” a Declan McManus type. McGlynn looks like he has put his faith in a collective of Allen, Maciver, Morrison, Oliver, Aygeman and Lawal. For his sake he best hope it works out 

Only Allen and Morrison have hit double figure league goals in a season in their careers so agree I’m sure McGlynn will have a striker in mind to sign that is more likely to score goals.

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Anyone know if theres a way to join the Junior Bairns online? Forgot to lift a form for the bairn today

If you received the email from the club on Wednesday, there are details near the end of how to join the JB. Sarah's email address is in there

Guest Ecosse83

I often wondered what some of our support were seeing with Burrell. I thought he was nothing more than a decent option from the bench but even that faded towards the end.   

Still young and fairly inexperienced so maybe some improvement there but I certainly won’t be losing sleep when we face him next season! 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

He may see Agyeman as more of a winger though and Allan definitely can't play as his lone striker so I reckon we'll see a striker in on loan but probably not until later in the window.

Edited by FFC 1876