The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Let’s not fret. We aren’t exceeding expectations, we are meeting them, so finishing third is “job done” it seems.

So we are exceeding expectations then since we finished second,  not third?

1 minute ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Finished second. Which I suppose, is above expectations when we were third seeds.

Oh, that’s good then. 

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Let’s not fret. We aren’t exceeding expectations, we are meeting them, so finishing third is “job done” it seems.

I’m sorry, I’m not buying this at all. To go out the cup in the manner we did, ie. A last minute penalty, is devastating in the same way it’ll feel brilliant for the Thistle fans the other way.

Anyone who’s ‘not bothered’ by going out like this is off their head. And I mean from the ‘fan emotion’ side of things, I’m not even considering the loss of income side of things in that statement.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m sorry, I’m not buying this at all. To go out the cup in the manner we did, ie. A last minute penalty, is devastating in the same way it’ll feel brilliant for the Thistle fans the other way.

Anyone who’s ‘not bothered’ by going out like this is off their head. And I mean from the ‘fan emotion’ side of things, I’m not even considering the loss of income side of things in that statement.

Mild whoosh which I did not intend. Sorry about that.

Just now, Rugster said:

We were seeded third. We finished second. That’s exceeding expectations with anyone. 

….but it’s the LC, so it doesn’t matter or mean anything going on from here.

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Even the commentators are saying the subs have made a big difference to the performance.

You can bet they will all be back on the bench next week.

You can't get a higher authority than that.

On finances alone, it’s the lower league sides who should be taking it seriously from the get go solely because of the money involved, and our never ending £400k holes. I have no problem with Championship sides not giving it the same priority (and clearly they don’t), but we really must.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s not - I know exactly what you were getting at. Losing the prize money could have cost us a right back on loan.

It was, and you haven’t got it at all. Not even slightly.

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

On finances alone, it’s the lower league sides who should be taking it seriously from the get go solely because of the money involved, and our never ending £400k holes. I have no problem with Championship sides not giving it the same priority (and clearly they don’t), but we really must.

It was, and you haven’t got it at all. Not even slightly.

No, I genuinely know what you are getting at. I’m 100% agreeing with you here and you are still trying to cause an argument - f**k me.

56 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

MacIver’s start from a goal scoring point of view has been excellent.

Hopefully this will build his confidence and carry momentum into the league campaign.

Personally thought we didn't look like scoring when Allan came on for MacIver

16 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Seems like Partick get another get out of jail free card. Ref was conned against us last week and it’s came back and cost us.

Sorry but we shot ourselves in the foot at Partick, yep ref was shit but we couldn't defend.

12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sorry but we shot ourselves in the foot at Partick, yep ref was shit but we couldn't defend.

Agreed. Really should be seeing the game out in the 93rd minute. By equal measure really shouldn't be giving teams a goal of a start after a few minutes either. Lang has been a good addition to the defence but I think with the rest of the protagonists beside him from last season I don't think we'll be much better at keeping the back door shut the signs are already there. FWIW I'd also have went for a more experienced goalkeeper no disrespect to Long and Hogarth. 

18 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Agree.

I just don't see the clamour for Allan at all. Hate to say it but I thought he looked lazy and went through the motions. 

Can see why McGlynn hasn't been convinced and having spent ££ on him you wonder what he was thinking - panic!

Piss poor first half . Lot better second half with miller a definite upgrade on Oliver.  Thistle scrape through due to two last minute goals in the last two weeks.  Frustrating  but was always going to be a big ask today.  Next Saturday the priority.