The Falkirk FC Thread

37 minutes ago, Ian Mcleod said:

I think it will be a requirement to have a game at every ground. It's the same in the championship for BBC Scotland I think there's 22 games a season there's at least 2 games at every ground then they have 2 free picks.

Yeh the BBC visit each ground twice but it’s a different contract. 

From what I know, Alba will try to feature each team but there’s no requirement other than only being able to visit each ground a maximum of twice. Think they can also film League Two matches as part of that contract. 

Edited by Van_damage

29 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Maybe cove v QoS .

Our match vs Cove was asked to be moved to Sunday so it could be featured on Alba so likely our next game there will be broadcast if possible. 

47 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Our match vs Cove was asked to be moved to Sunday so it could be featured on Alba so likely our next game there will be broadcast if possible. 

Is that likely to happen this season? 

I don't mind late kickoffs or midweek games but I have other things I want to do on a Sunday. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I don't mind late kickoffs or midweek games but I have other things I want to do on a Sunday. 

Yeah I agree, 5.30 pm on a Sat or a Friday night isn’t too bad but bollocks to Sundays. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh the BBC visit each ground twice but it’s a different contract. 

From what I know, Alba will try to feature each team but there’s no requirement other than only being able to visit each ground a maximum of twice. Think they can also film League Two matches as part of that contract. 

That's interesting we'll just need to see what happens I guess. I have a feeling they might end up wanting to keep the Falkirk and Hamilton home games till the 2nd half of the season. 

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Potentially. Guess it will depend on the magnitude of the match and what Alba have on their schedule that weekend. Couldn’t broadcast the Cove game on the Saturday as they had shinty on that day. Clubs would need to agree though.

Edited by Van_damage

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

That's interesting we'll just need to see what happens I guess. I have a feeling they might end up wanting to keep the Falkirk and Hamilton home games till the 2nd half of the season. 

Likely do several before the Winter kicks in and save some for the end of the season. Alba have quite a bit to cover with the shinty, women’s football and others.