The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Going back to football and next Saturdays game, I would be playing as close to a second string as is possible given our squad limitations. Granted it’s good to remain unbeaten but I’ll take a defeat over anymore key players picking up an injury in the diddy cup any day of the week.

Understand where you are coming from but I think it’s really important to keep the momentum going.

As we all know there is no room for a flat spell if we are to win the two horse race.

3 minutes ago, bigbairn76 said:

They ran out of money to replace them needs fixed asap

It was always the plan to do it later in the season or that was what we were certainly told when they were replacing the main stand ones. This was the exact wording in the statement on it.

'The plan remains, subject to funding, to replace all of these lights with LEDs later in the season.:

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

Agree, great gesture. Anyone notable increase in membership since the press release ?

I think it was only released tonight so I doubt anything significant just quite yet however I’m hearing there has been a slight boost in numbers already, hopefully that continues. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Finn Yeats

Are all the doubters convinced that he has become an asset at right back or does he still need to develop more?

He certainly nulified the threat down the right wing on Saturday.

Guilty as charged.

And YES, I’m convinced about Finn. He has been excellent in the last 3 or 4 games. A fine right back and very good footballer all told.  But I’m sure he will continue to get better still……but just don’t ask me in what aspects lol.

Edited by HonestAl

8 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Between the players joining and recent agm it shows an upturn in FSS uptake. Any update on getting the ultras involved?

At the start of the month it was 718 (they send us the numbers for the monthly FSS draw) and I note yesterday it said 725 on a SM post. 

36 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

At the start of the month it was 718 (they send us the numbers for the monthly FSS draw) and I note yesterday it said 725 on a SM post. 

Could stick at least another 20 on to that figure I reckon. Just going on the players / management that signed up plus the handful I know personally that are saying they’ve either signed up or increased their current donation since yesterday. Also noticed a few on the club FB page saying they’d signed up for the first time. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Finn Yeats

Are all the doubters convinced that he has become an asset at right back or does he still need to develop more?

He certainly nulified the threat down the right wing on Saturday.

He was our best player (along with Lang) on Saturday, coped very well with anything thrown at him. I do feel that he's maybe struggled a wee bit in some other games, with teams targeting him as a potential weak link. He's definitely improving though. I love the guy's attitude, always looks for the ball, never hides. I like him.