The Falkirk FC Thread

Queen of the South and Hamilton aside, we've absolutely rinsed through the other 7 defenses in the league, and are 12 games unbeaten as a result. 

Keep doing that and we'll be absolutely fine. Don't think we'll see Allan and MacIver up front together unless we're behind in a game 

OUT MONDAY…

🆕🎙️EP:60 MIND THE GAP

🔵 Review the 1-1 draw with QOS (A) with guest pundit @jackshutty ⚽
⚪️ Fortress Brockville night chat including the “Navy Blue chair” 💺
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society hit £500,000 👏🏻 
⚪️ Latapy Watch 🪄 &
🔵 Preview Edinburgh (H) 🏰

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk

IMG_5690.thumb.jpeg.474535f354cd795288f62e1186e4f3ee.jpeg

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Not if McGlynn refuses to change the way we play.

At present he wont have to but good to know the option is there IF required. 1 up top with good players behind getting the service is working but at times i think the option of change in certain circumstances is not a bad thing

13 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Queen of the South and Hamilton aside, we've absolutely rinsed through the other 7 defenses in the league, and are 12 games unbeaten as a result. 

Keep doing that and we'll be absolutely fine. Don't think we'll see Allan and MacIver up front together unless we're behind in a game 

We've taken maximum points against the part-time sides in this league and in 8 matches we're 25 goals for and just 5 against. Obviously games against your direct rivals are important but beating the dross is what titles are built on. 

Edited by lanky_ffc

Think others have mentioned it earlier but if funds allowed, I’d be aiming to get a striker in the mould of MacIver if he does go off form or injured. 

Allan getting 11 goals in a terrible Clyde suggested he’d do well in a better team creating chances but he doesn’t get the space he’d get with teams sitting deeper against us. 

The system works well with having the number 9 as a focal point who can hold the ball up, and link up play with the 3 in behind, either with their head or their feet. MacIver had been pivotal for that to work this season in the way that it didn’t work last year, with the exception of Alegria at a push.

If it meant loaning Allan out to get a loan replacement in I would go for that. I’d have said the same with Oliver but because he can drop further back if needed, his versatility may be good to have for the rest of this season.

Alternatviely if we wanted something different to MacIver we’ve not got a striker with electric pace, albeit you could potentially have Aggyman up there.

I'm no football expert and don't claim to be one, but here's my thoughts. We had the discussion on here at the end of the season about sacking McGlynn and it's fair to say most people agreed with that. We had the review of the new signings, like McIver and the view wasn't all that positive. He's done okay hasn't he. Finn can't play right back was another one, Sam Long isn't big enough etc. We had the hand ringing about pre season friendlies and the Spartans game. We had the criticism about McGinn and he was injured and needed an operation and was playing through the pain for the team. In fact all the worries on here proved to be (so far) off the mark. The manager has built a squad to play the way he wants to, he has signed players who can play in multiple positions I think for a reason. He has added strength and pace and bolstered the defence.

These from the P&B Twitter feed prove we're on the right track. There will be hiccups and set backs, but McGlynn clearly has a plan and we can say what we want on here but he knows fitba, as he said at the AGM. 

IMG_0901.PNG

IMG_0900.PNG

28 minutes ago, AJ1981 said:

I'm no football expert and don't claim to be one, but here's my thoughts. We had the discussion on here at the end of the season about sacking McGlynn and it's fair to say most people agreed with that. We had the review of the new signings, like McIver and the view wasn't all that positive. He's done okay hasn't he. Finn can't play right back was another one, Sam Long isn't big enough etc. We had the hand ringing about pre season friendlies and the Spartans game. We had the criticism about McGinn and he was injured and needed an operation and was playing through the pain for the team. In fact all the worries on here proved to be (so far) off the mark. The manager has built a squad to play the way he wants to, he has signed players who can play in multiple positions I think for a reason. He has added strength and pace and bolstered the defence.

These from the P&B Twitter feed prove we're on the right track. There will be hiccups and set backs, but McGlynn clearly has a plan and we can say what we want on here but he knows fitba, as he said at the AGM. 

IMG_0901.PNG

IMG_0900.PNG

From an outsiders perspective, Falkirk are in a strong position right now on the field at least. Lang and Spencer were massive signings. Agyeman, Miller and MacIver all very capable in L1 and Ethan Ross is great use of the loan window. McGlynn leaning on his links with Rovers.

Financially, clearly, you can't afford to be down here for too much longer, been here long enough, so there was a colossal amount of pressure to get it right this time around. Gone tried and tested with the manager. Granted he can be stubborn but he's got promotions behind him.  All other teams (in my opinion) in the league see that happening bar Accies who are still very much in contention but there's serious questions about Rankin.

Biggest budget, biggest support. Scoring bucket loads and conceding the fewest. You'd hold your own against most in the Championship as is. If/when you go up, you'll strengthen further, the crowds will grow and you should have every chance of being a success.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

1 minute ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From an outsiders perspective, Falkirk are in a strong position right now on the field at least. Lang and Spencer were massive signings. Agyeman, Miller and MacIver all very capable in L1 and Ethan Ross is great use of the loan window. McGlynn leaning on his links with Rovers.

Financially, clearly, you can't afford to be down here for too much longer, been here long enough, so there was a colossal amount of pressure to get it right this time around. Gone tried and tested with the manager. Granted he's stubbornness but he's got promotions behind him.  All other teams (in my opinion) in the league see that happening bar Accies who are still very much in contention but there's serious questions about Rankin.

Biggest budget, biggest support. Scoring bucket loads and conceding the fewest. You'd hold your own against most in the Championship as is. If/when you go up, you'll strengthen further, the crowds will grow and you should have every chance of being a success.

Keep talking please

44 minutes ago, SouthStander1876 said:

Keep talking please

Haha..This is your time.

I'd be shocked if you don't go up and the bookies will cement this thought. It's a two horse race and was from October, if not before, which is a huge boost. As much as Accies have built a capable squad, picking up some players who could have got a gig in a league above, and can legitimately challenge across the duration of the season I feel your stronger in both boxes. 

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Haha..This is your time.

I'd be shocked if you don't go up and the bookies will cement this thought. It's a two horse race and was from October which is a huge boost. As much as Accies have built a capable squad, picking up some players who could have got a gig in a league above, and can challenge across the duration of the season I feel your stronger in both boxes. 

I feel like the fact Hamilton have tasted defeat before us could be a huge mental boost. Both faced with tough games and with us still not losing, it will only be natural for Hamilton to worry which could cause another slip up. Fingers crossed.

50 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Financially, clearly, you can't afford to be down here for too much longer, been here long enough, so there was a colossal amount of pressure to get it right this time around. Gone tried and tested with the manager. Granted he can be stubborn but he's got promotions behind him.  All other teams (in my opinion) in the league see that happening bar Accies who are still very much in contention but there's serious questions about Rankin.

All correct except the budget bit. Both you and Hamilton’s budget will be bigger 

OUT NOW!

🆕🎙️EP:60 MIND THE GAP

🔵 Review the 1-1 draw with QOS (A) with guest pundit @jackshutty ⚽
⚪️ Fortress Brockville night chat including the “Navy Blue chair” request for your stories💺
🔵 Falkirk Supporters Society hit £500,000 👏🏻 
⚪️ Latapy Watch update 🪄 &
🔵 Preview Edinburgh (H) 🏰

📺 🎧📱falkirkdaft.co.uk
IMG_5708.thumb.jpeg.3355442433423c7f2c6a57805a561744.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Mr Grimsdale said:

All correct except the budget bit. Both you and Hamilton’s budget will be bigger 

Going by the calibre of signings we've made in large I think our budget is not as high as many think. The directors gave the wish of football time football but looking at the ponds (more like swamps) we were fishing in pre-season it's clear that we're paying peanuts to some/many. I counted about 40 trialists in pre-season. Outside our first XI it's kids and guys desperate to stay in FT football. Many there last chance before going PT. Likes of;

Rio Davidson-Phipps

Will Gillingham

Dayshonne Golding

Luke Strachan

Arron Darge

Kyle Connell

Mark Gallagher

Tyler Mykyta

Milo Ochmanski

That's 9 but there are a couple of others

Granted we'll be paying decent wages to some our new signings (Burrell, McGowan, Doyle) and won't be a too distant from you and Accies in wage bill. That's my thought but plausibly being fairly Northern and Hartley doing the recruitment could well equate to us being less than efficient with our cash.

On 05/11/2023 at 15:38, Todd_is_God said:

It's interesting you say this because we feel exactly the same! Difference being they already have cost us 4 points (Stirling and Edinburgh City) whilst you lot, until yesterday anyway, seemed to still be able to grind out wins.

I think that for both ourselves and Accies our biggest mistake could be thinking this is a 2 horse canter. Montrose and QoS (on Saturday's showing) could easily take the lion's share of points in their games going forward. It will be interesting to see the league at the half way point. 

I still think we'll both be 1 and 2 (not sure what order) but I'd not be surprised if the gap to 3rd was smaller than the current 9 points.

Roll on the fitba, Have not enjoyed a season so much (so far) since Housty and Alan Stubbs were sparring in the play offs. 

'Falkirk are just a set ball team'

'Hibs need to learn how to defend set balls then'... touche Stubbs ya miserable sod

Edited by ChrispPancake

29 minutes ago, ChrispPancake said:

I think that for both ourselves and Accies our biggest mistake could be thinking this is a 2 horse canter. Montrose and QoS (on Saturday's showing) could easily take the lion's share of points in their games going forward. It will be interesting to see the league at the half way point. 

I still think we'll both be 1 and 2 (not sure what order) but I'd not be surprised if the gap to 3rd was smaller than the current 9 points.

Roll on the fitba, Have not enjoyed a season so much (so far) since Housty and Alan Stubbs were sparring in the play offs. 

'Falkirk are just a set ball team'

'Hibs need to learn how to defend set balls then'... touche Stubbs ya miserable sod

I agree the league will tighten up but in that scenario I'd much rather be front runners. I also think that suits McGlynn. 

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

It's very much a two horse race for the title this season . However, whoever misses out will have as much chance of going up as whoever comes third despite there most probably being a huge gap between them.  

Agreed with all of this. Only need to look at QP a couple of seasons ago who went up when sneaking over the line into 4th and being about 20 points behind Airdrie.