The Falkirk FC Thread

38 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think the role he played last week will be his from now on. Come on to help shore things up towards the end of a game.

Played 45 minutes during the week for the reserves but no way he should be starting anytime soon.

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Would be an atrocious decision to slot McGinn into a starting eleven. 

In the immediate future it’s also about as likely to happen as me winning the lottery! In fact I’d go as far to say I doubt he’ll ever start another game for us barring serious injury/suspensions. 

9 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This game is so important in a number of ways.  Opening up a gap between ourselves and Hamilton could even help with things like contract discussions in Jan for those out of contract next year.  

It'll be interesting to see if McGinn comes straight back in.  We somehow need to find a starting place for Ross too I think though great to have options off the bench atm

McGinn on when Rambo Henderson gets his booking?

No chance mcginn will start tomorrow but he may have a starting role to play in future should anything happen to Spencer. He also may be a good tactical option in certain games if he can get himself back up to the sort of condition he was in when he first arrived. He should be relatively fresh and it's a long hard season.

I also don't think he'll start tomorrow and agree that Hendo/Spencer is the better option but... 

He's club captain and has been a guaranteed starter under McGlynn when fit before his injury so I don't think it's an outrageous question to ask.  McGlynn does tend to try and make room for his favourites sooner rather than later.  

Finished work early and took time off on Monday to go to the Stadium for my tickets when I could have just rocked up tomorrow and paid at the gate. I am sure there will be others in a similar position.

Whoever at Hamilton done this needs their baws hoofed. Come the second game at NDP in April,  if by some miracle we are enough points ahead of them, we should boycott and not give them our cash. They have shown utter contempt for supporters here.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

On 14/12/2023 at 12:55, Roboccop said:

The truth is I don’t want to sit in my designated seat. I went early to get a ticket at the match and because they sold the seats at the front first my ticket will be a shit view. But I don’t want to cause fights if I go elsewhere. 

The stands at Hamilton all sit high so even in the 1st row you're above the height of the goal so view should be OK I would think.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Finished work early and took time off on Monday to go to the Stadium for my tickets when I could have just rocked up tomorrow and paid at the gate. I am sure there will be others in a similar position.

Whoever at Hamilton done this needs their baws hoofed. Come the second game at NDP in April,  if by some miracle we are enough points ahead of them, we should boycott and not give them our cash. They have shown utter contempt for supporters here.

They treat us Accies fans with utter contempt so no surprise they have done it to you as well. As YOH said they have done it to numerous other teams as well.

4 minutes ago, StuartA said:

Really poor stuff from Accies, but guess they thought they could create more demand by doing this. No thought for the hassle it caused folk. It just means we know we won’t need to rush to buy tickets for the next fixture there. 

It’s been mentioned on last page, would love the club to be well ahead by the next game there, and tell them to poke their tickets up there arses. At a time of year where most fans have parties / nights out, they’ve backed the club in significant numbers.

3 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Come the second game at NDP in April,  if by some miracle we are enough points ahead of them, we should boycott and not give them our cash. They have shown utter contempt for supporters here.

And for the next home game on 17th February, bung them a couple of hundred physical tickets in the post about 10th February and let them get on with it. They can always get another hundred if there is an unusually high demand from their travelling fans. And get them in the corner of the main stand where every away support this season should be. We won't of course, because we remain a soft touch, which is why nonsense wee outfits like Hamilton can get away with this sort of stuff. Utter joke.