The Falkirk FC Thread

15 minutes ago, Baggio said:

The way the entire stadium held their breath when Tom Lang went down with a knock was quite something.  You could have heard a pin drop as we waited for him to get up. What an impact he has had. 

I thought OMG... It's his teeth!!!

Some dental bill if it was.

6 minutes ago, Baggio said:

The way the entire stadium held their breath when Tom Lang went down with a knock was quite something.  You could have heard a pin drop as we waited for him to get up. What an impact he has had. 

Aye, that was a scary moment. I think it's crucial that both Lang and Donaldson stay available, God forbid if both were to pick up an injury! Same with Henderson and Spencer to a lesser extent. We've plenty of options in the forward areas though.

I thought we deserved a lot more than one goal today, but I suppose maybe Queens are this year's bogey team, so a win against them is fine. 

Miller's wee passage of play leading up to the goal was sublime and, along with Spencer, Henderson and particularly Nesbitt was amongst the best players on the park!

It’ll be interesting to see if there are any movements out the door over the next few weeks. Mackie, McKay, Lawal and Allan are not going to see much football- McKay might be happy to see out his contract but I’m not sure if the other 3 will be happy to sit on the bench or in the stand.

May even be that McGlynn/the BOD encourage a few to consider their options to try and trim the wage bill a bit.

24 minutes ago, Baggio said:

They've had to cut that section of the pitch out and get it on the treatment table. 8-10 weeks.

12 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I thought we deserved a lot more than one goal today, but I suppose maybe Queens are this year's bogey team, so a win against them is fine. 

Must be great to get 7 points from 9 against a bogey team. It would take us seasons to get that against our array of "bogey teams". 

24 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It’ll be interesting to see if there are any movements out the door over the next few weeks. Mackie, McKay, Lawal and Allan are not going to see much football- McKay might be happy to see out his contract but I’m not sure if the other 3 will be happy to sit on the bench or in the stand.

May even be that McGlynn/the BOD encourage a few to consider their options to try and trim the wage bill a bit.

I don't think we should let Mackie leave unless we're sure of getting someone else in as we're very short on CD options, I think that we should let McKay go on loan though and he really should consider that as he needs to get himself in the shop window. Again though, we should really try to get a replacement for him. Ideally I'd like Allan to go to a Montrose or Kelty so that he can do some damage to Hamilton!

58 minutes ago, Baggio said:

My old man usually doesn't show much emotion with players other than slating them but he genuinely winced when lang went down. 

thank f**k he got back up

2 minutes ago, Senor Bairn said:

My old man usually doesn't show much emotion with players other than slating them but he genuinely winced when lang went down

thank f**k he got back up

Think he was just time wasting.

Nesbitt was absolutely terrific today, didn’t think I’d ever say that! Could’ve had a few more goals with a better final ball but does it really matter, just need to keep this run going. It’s noticeable that the crowd stayed with the team when it was 0-0, the ultras keep the atmosphere going and overall we ground out a win. Continually looking forward to the next game is a strange feeling

34 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

That’s a big, big blow. He’s having a brilliant season.

He was fine in hospitality after the game.  Don’t think there’s an issue.