The Falkirk FC Thread

He's came to us for game time and basically found himself mirroring where he was at with Raith ie can't get a regular start. That's no slight on him as players have been better in front of him. It's up to him to break into the side. Otherwise I'm not sure he'd be high on the list of priorities to sign a permanent contract, as it stands. 

Just now, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

A story I heard a while back is that the locals in Botswana refer to their cast iron cooking pots as 'Falkirks', because on the bottom it read Carron Iron Works - Falkirk.

That's like the known nickname of stupid people in Nigeria as Dundee Uniteds because they played an awful tour there and the nickname stuck locally. Genuinely true. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/mar/11/the-unlikely-story-of-how-dundee-united-became-an-insult-in-nigeria

9 minutes ago, Kevin James Left Knee said:

Very upbeat and positive about our club. Good news.

Slap in the face to the halfwit gobshites who delighted in roaring abuse at him every time the ball came within 20 yards of him.

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Slap in the face to the halfwit gobshites who delighted in roaring abuse at him every time the ball came within 20 yards of him.

Some of them are still at it where we sit.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

I think he means there is an agreement in place where by the 25% + 1 is ring fenced for the FSS in any future share issues should there even be one. Also with a 75% threshold needed for a special resolution the FSS would have to vote in favour of any future share issue for it to even happen in the first place so would have to be in agreement with it, your original point is a very “if my auntie had baws she’d be my uncle” type post. 

Which is why the monies FSS are putting into the club at the moment should have been a loan redeemable in shares in the event of a future share issue should there ever be one. 
Instantly the 25% could have been maintained instead of what could take years to get back to that level with monthly donations

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Changed player since Lang signed. Best CB pairing we’ve had for so bloody long. Well done to the club for sealing the deal. Trick now is to get Tom signed to an extended contract. 

8 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Changed player since Lang signed. Best CB pairing we’ve had for so bloody long. Well done to the club for sealing the deal. Trick now is to get Tom signed to an extended contract. 

As a few posters have said I think his improved form is as much to do with not having McKay or Williamson either side of him as it is to do with now having a decent partner at center back. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

4 hours ago, gav-ffc said:

Great news about Coll, has came on a long way since last season, what a difference not having Ryan Williamson to his right and Brad Mckay to his left.

Well deserved.

Clowns to the left, jokers to the right? 

Good to see the captain signing a new contract, hopefully sets an example that others will follow.