The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, BPM Again said:

Happy to do that but when people come out with rubbish they should be challenged IMO 

Christ here we go again. 

Bottom line is even during our good run last season, Donaldson was performing nowhere near the level he is now. We were still leaking goals like a sieve. 

Him and Lang have been fantastic this season and deserve massive credit. I'm happy to see him sing a new contract - wouldn't have been 6 months ago but that's football.

Don't let my opinion from 9 months ago ruin your Saturday.

46 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Christ here we go again. 

Bottom line is even during our good run last season, Donaldson was performing nowhere near the level he is now. We were still leaking goals like a sieve. 

Him and Lang have been fantastic this season and deserve massive credit. I'm happy to see him sing a new contract - wouldn't have been 6 months ago but that's football.

Don't let my opinion from 9 months ago ruin your Saturday.

As others have pointed out though you had Brad Mackay and Williamson beside him. Your opinion has been proven wrong 

11 hours ago, Dave McInally said:

His ratio of goals to games in his last season(21/22) in the Championship with Partick of 7 in 19 is similar to the 12 in 31 he scored at us.

Even his last Championship season(22/23) at Dundee of 5 in 19 isn’t totally terrible considering he only started 11 matches. MacIver for comparison has 9 in 20 for us, in which he started them all. 

Wasn’t able to replicate it in the Premiership but still think he’s a good Championship player. Will be interesting to see how he gets on at Raith but at this moment I’d be more than happy to see him back at the Bairns next season. 

A good striker should be hitting 20 a season in the championship and he's been nowhere near that so far in his career. With us he was a young keen bubbly player so a lot of his weaknesses were overlooked . He only scored 3 goals in the last 14 games for us . It was expected that he would kick on after that but seems to have plateaued very quickly. If we go up and have ambitions of making it into the top flight we'd need better than him if you ask me.

You have to remember that Rudden was surrounded by Hartleys duds so 12 in 31 was nothing short of miraculous.  

Akinyemi, Shankland and Waghorn are the only championship strikers to score 20 goals in a season since Rory Loy 10 years ago did it for us.  

2 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Can all the doom mongers and pant wetters get back in their box now please.

Guilty as charged. The Donaldson interview - the overwhelming praise of McGlynn & Smudger - went a long way of boosting morale. This is superb response - especially with Accies dropping points.

Great to see two recent signings get their first goals for Falkirk.