Comic Book Movies (and TV Shows)

forehead7

It will be interesting to see, if successful, whether this will pave the way for more 15/18 rated superhero movies. I thought Suicide Squad might have been but there's no chance WB will cut out a huge age group from a financial view. Marvel will never do it and will stick their darker stuff on Netflix (see Daredevil).

I also see that the new Fantastic 4 is sitting at 14% on Rotten Tomatoes and 5.9 on IMDb :lol:

It's definitely a movie that folk hated before they went to see it. Even that can't compensate for these reviews though.

If Fox do give the rights back to Marvel does that mean that they can still keep X-Men or did they come as a sort of package? I wouldn't like them to get X-Men as Fox have got their shit together for that (First Class and Days of Future Past were pretty good) but I think they could handle the Fantastic Four really well.

It's definitely a movie that folk hated before they went to see it. Even that can't compensate for these reviews though.

If Fox do give the rights back to Marvel does that mean that they can still keep X-Men or did they come as a sort of package? I wouldn't like them to get X-Men as Fox have got their shit together for that (First Class and Days of Future Past were pretty good) but I think they could handle the Fantastic Four really well.

They don't come as a package. They are separate rights and would be treated separately contractually. Fox owns the rights to all mutants, (I believe even the word mutants in the context of superheroes is owned by Fox, (However, Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver are shared due to their affiliations with to both the Avengers and the X-Men).

I'm not sure if Marvel can use Wolverine since he's been an Avenger. Presumably someone like She-Hulk could have the same dual ownership since she has been in FF and the Avengers.

It'd be great to see the FF and X-Men in the Infinity Wars and we could even have an Avengers v X-Men movie if Marvel got all the rights back.

Funny how Beast has only been in X-Men films...

It would have been an interesting meeting trying to decide who belongs where since Marvel's teams seem to be a wee bit incestuous. If I were a Marvel exec I'd pull the 'once an Avenger always an Avenger' line and they could have pretty much everyone they liked.

• 3 months later...

Thats the Captain America: Civil War trailer out and it looks brilliant I must say. I would put the link in here but im in work and the systems are a piece of shit.

Only thing im quite confused about is that Stark is fighting against Cap as he believes that they need to follow the rules or else they are no better than the bad guys? Doesnt sound very Tony Stark-esque, although in Age of Ultron it was shown that his point of view was seriously changing so this may be a continuation of that.

Thats the Captain America: Civil War trailer out and it looks brilliant I must say. I would put the link in here but im in work and the systems are a piece of shit.

Only thing im quite confused about is that Stark is fighting against Cap as he believes that they need to follow the rules or else they are no better than the bad guys? Doesnt sound very Tony Stark-esque, although in Age of Ultron it was shown that his point of view was seriously changing so this may be a continuation of that.

in the comic book civil war storyline stark is one of the heavy backers of the registration act that forces all heroes to name themselves and their powers, to the point where he gets spiderman to unmask himself