Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's plying his trade in the 4th best league in Europe, you'd expect even he can score in that league

He also managed one every 102 minutes or so in England last season, suggesting that his goalscoring record has been exemplary at all levels in which he's played so far. He's still only 22.

There does appear to be some posters who just can't accept that's he's a good player. No matter how many goals he scores, how great the strikes may be, they come out with total shite like 'aww he plays in the 4th best league, ma dug could score there' type posts. Embarrassing really.

It's to be expected from HB, who's posts in Misc. these days seem to consist purely of "please bite to my bait Supras".

What, you mean like posts where I say "Balotelli is a fine player"? :blink:

Italian football isn't as high a standard as the Premiership, which certainly helps him. And scoring a penalty doesn't make someone a clinical striker - Leighton Baines would score a goal a game if Everton got a penalty a game.

I'm not surprised to see Balotelli do well just now - he has a lot of talent. What he hasn't shown is the ability to be a top goalscorer over a season. He needs to be hitting a lot more than 17 goals over the course of a season to reach that kind of standard. I'm sure he will do that as he grows up a bit.

This could be a really excellent gamble from Milan if they sneak into that third CL place.

I love his decription of his goal :-

""I'd taken a few kicks and couldn't really hit the ball hard like I usually do, so I decided to lift it over the wall instead"

Well played....

What, you mean like posts where I say "Balotelli is a fine player"? :blink:

Italian football isn't as high a standard as the Premiership, which certainly helps him. And scoring a penalty doesn't make someone a clinical striker - Leighton Baines would score a goal a game if Everton got a penalty a game.

I'm not surprised to see Balotelli do well just now - he has a lot of talent. What he hasn't shown is the ability to be a top goalscorer over a season. He needs to be hitting a lot more than 17 goals over the course of a season to reach that kind of standard. I'm sure he will do that as he grows up a bit.

This could be a really excellent gamble from Milan if they sneak into that third CL place.

If you made posts like that more often, I'd consider you more than a Supras baiter, instead of obvious trolling like "oh well, it's just penalties" or "it's the Serie A".

I was actually more referring to heedthebaa and his post.

Whoever you were referring to, it definately linked to what I said.

Thats what i thought, Dom doms no the brightest like

Coming from you, I'll take that as a compliment.

thats quite a good question actually, for me it would be hernandez purely because he seems like the type of guy that could nick you a goal out of nothing, he seems to have that poachers instinct, also even if he's having a stinker he still ends up grabbing an important goal when united seem to be struggling

balotelli on his day is a powerhouse of a striker, last season he battered some of the defences in the EPL and terrorised them, he clearly has ability and with a run of games (now at milan it seems) he could very well do that on a regualr basis, city however couldnt afford him the time to get going

Who said Hernandez was a better player?

Seek and ye shall find (it was on the page before this one).

How's that going for you 53_and_counting? Terribly?

So what players has P&B said are better than Balotelli?

Adam Johnson

Andy Carroll

Theo Walcott

Javier Hernandez

Bobby Zamora

How's that going for you?

Responding to this question :

Based on someone in a relative position (both on the pitch and competition for places) would you rather have Balotelli or Hernandez in your squad?

You wrote:

for me it would be Hernandez

Which is why I've bolded it. What is more perplexing is your attempt at drawing this out. It what world were you expecting to get off with something so blatant?

Hernandez is a poacher. Balotelli is certainly a better player, but I think Hernandez is a more potent threat, and his movement is absolutely incredible. He's like Andy Carroll in that respect, except that Carroll has no other attributes. I'd have him in the side.

Archived