Mario Bib-lotelli

Div

Responding to this question :

You wrote:

Which is why I've bolded it. What is more perplexing is your attempt at drawing this out. It what world were you expecting to get off with something so blatant?

So in your squad you would prefer a striker that scores less goals per game, fair enough, ill stick with a poacher thats almost 1 in 2 in the epl thanks

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in your squad you would prefer a striker that scores less goals per game, fair enough, ill stick with a poacher thats almost 1 in 2 in the epl thanks

Er, yes. Because Balotelli is a much better player. It would be like asking who would you want more Lampard or Iniesta, one scores more goals, one is a much better player. Or in terms of strikers hasn't Darren Bent had seasons scoring more than Robin Van Persie? It's an idiotic statement, and that's why it has been called out.

Hernandez is a poacher. Balotelli is certainly a better player, but I think Hernandez is a more potent threat, and his movement is absolutely incredible. He's like Andy Carroll in that respect, except that Carroll has no other attributes. I'd have him in the side.

What a bizarre conversation this is. Balotelli is a much better player than Hernandez, and if you were going to choose anyone to have in your squad/team/bus it would Balotelli every single time with bells on. Anything contrary to this is idiotic.

Oh and to simplify things for you supras, the question i answered wasnt '' who is the better player'' it was '' who would you rather have in your squad'' two completely different questions which i answered

:lol:

That's a horrific level of backtracking that is significantly worse than your original offence. It'd be interesting to see you try and get your way out of this one, so to be clear you think Balotelli is a better player but want Hernandez in your squad more :1eye

dindeleux asked who you would prefer in your squad, not who is the better player, why you continually mention better player is beyond me, either you are missing the point of dindeleux's post, which i highly doubt, or you are purposely missing it just so that you can argue balotelli's undoubted ability,

given the question at the time, and where they were at the time, i chose hernandez over balotelli because the likelyhood was at the time that hernandez would be a better goalscorer for a team, their scoring records at their united/city prove that hernandez was the choice if you are looking for a goalscorer

the fact is, you are so desperate for a win regarding balotelli, you will argue with someone who has actually agreed with you regarding balotelli's ability, nobody is comparing lampard and iniesta, i certainly havent ever said that hernandez is a better player overall, but in my opinion i would prefer someone who looks to have a more natural goalscoring instinct as my 3rd/4th choice striker (both hernandez and balotelli can be described as 3rd/4th choice strikers when dindeleux asked the question)

hell you even posted the part of my post where i said balotelli is a beast of a striker who will, on his day, terrorise defences anywhere etc etc

no backtracking, no clawing away, i have, once again, explained my reasons for choosing one backup striker over another, other posters agree with me while others wont, nobody is right or wrong with their opinion, so stop fucking ruining threads with your consistent "im right and no one else is"

P&B's best football debate section is this one, dont fucking ruin it for us ffs

dindeleux asked who you would prefer in your squad, not who is the better player, why you continually mention better player is beyond me, either you are missing the point of dindeleux's post, which i highly doubt, or you are purposely missing it just so that you can argue balotelli's undoubted ability,

given the question at the time, and where they were at the time, i chose hernandez over balotelli because the likelyhood was at the time that hernandez would be a better goalscorer for a team, their scoring records at their united/city prove that hernandez was the choice if you are looking for a goalscorer

Right, so to reiterate a point you totally avoided, why would you have a player who is worse in your squad ahead of someone who is better? Be extremely specific here. Either Balotelli is better and should be in the squad, is worse and shouldn't be in the squad, or you are deliberately choosing a player you think is worse. Which is it?

Your second paragraph is nothing other than hilarious backtracking. I'm sure Hernandez is a better goal scorer than Iniesta but it doesn't mean you can ever justify choosing Hernandez is your squad ahead of him.

the fact is, you are so desperate for a win regarding balotelli, you will argue with someone who has actually agreed with you regarding balotelli's ability, nobody is comparing lampard and iniesta, i certainly havent ever said that hernandez is a better player overall, but in my opinion i would prefer someone who looks to have a more natural goalscoring instinct as my 3rd/4th choice striker (both hernandez and balotelli can be described as 3rd/4th choice strikers when dindeleux asked the question)

hell you even posted the part of my post where i said balotelli is a beast of a striker who will, on his day, terrorise defences anywhere etc etc

no backtracking, no clawing away, i have, once again, explained my reasons for choosing one backup striker over another, other posters agree with me while others wont, nobody is right or wrong with their opinion, so stop fucking ruining threads with your consistent "im right and no one else is"

Uhm, no, don't turn this on me. You've said you'd rather Balotelli in your squad (nobody mentioned any of that fourth choice striker nonsense) and are now furiously backtracking and saying you actually think Balotelli is a better player. None of your deflection or backtracking will change how much you've fucked up here.

Of course people can be wrong with their opinions :lol:

What are you fucking mental or something? There is no sanctity of opinion, saying Gary Hooper is better than Messi is an opinion and an utterly wrong one. As is saying that Hernandez is better than Balotelli, an opinion that is totally wrong and rightly mocked.

P&B's best football debate section is this one, dont fucking ruin it for us ffs

It's not my fault you posted utter pish then backtracked and deflected.

I would prefer Hernandez in my team over balotelli but that's just my opinion.

Again, another totally and patently wrong opinion.

It happens a lot, actually. I really don't think you've seen either player play tbh.

Right, so to reiterate a point you totally avoided, why would you have a player who is worse in your squad ahead of someone who is better? Be extremely specific here. Either Balotelli is better and should be in the squad, is worse and shouldn't be in the squad, or you are deliberately choosing a player you think is worse. Which is it?

Your second paragraph is nothing other than hilarious backtracking. I'm sure Hernandez is a better goal scorer than Iniesta but it doesn't mean you can ever justify choosing Hernandez is your squad ahead of him.

Uhm, no, don't turn this on me. You've said you'd rather Balotelli in your squad (nobody mentioned any of that fourth choice striker nonsense) and are now furiously backtracking and saying you actually think Balotelli is a better player. None of your deflection or backtracking will change how much you've fucked up here.

Of course people can be wrong with their opinions :lol:

What are you fucking mental or something? There is no sanctity of opinion, saying Gary Hooper is better than Messi is an opinion and an utterly wrong one. As is saying that Hernandez is better than Balotelli, an opinion that is totally wrong and rightly mocked.

It's not my fault you posted utter pish then backtracked and deflected.

Again, another totally and patently wrong opinion.

It happens a lot, actually. I really don't think you've seen either player play tbh.

What an absolute disgrace of a post.

Whilst certain opinions can be shown to be wrong, everyone is ENTITLED to one and deserves the respect that's meant to go along with that - ie. don't start calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "Idiotic". I mean, you don't even have your mind half open for a decent debate with the view to learn - these days you appear to be stating your opinion, of which in this case it is completely impossible to PROVE, and stating "Anyone who disagrees with this is obviously an idiot".

Disgusting.

And for what it's worth, Hernandez would be in my team before Balotelli every day of the week. They're both there to score goals - your Iniesta analogy is a pile of shite, stop using it. Hernandez has a better goal scoring record and didn't take any penalties (that I know of) - which striker was more valuable to their team?

Also, what else does Balotelli offer other than goals? Sounds like a stupid question, but his tally is nowhere near high enough to justify the lack of anything else he does. His passing is poor, touch can be atrocious at times, wastes quite a few chances, and whether you want to admit it or not, is prone to a red card here or there.

What an absolute disgrace of a post.

Whilst certain opinions can be shown to be wrong, everyone is ENTITLED to one and deserves the respect that's meant to go along with that - ie. don't start calling everyone who doesn't agree with you "Idiotic". I mean, you don't even have your mind half open for a decent debate with the view to learn - these days you appear to be stating your opinion, of which in this case it is completely impossible to PROVE, and stating "Anyone who disagrees with this is obviously an idiot".

Disgusting.

And for what it's worth, Hernandez would be in my team before Balotelli every day of the week. They're both there to score goals - your Iniesta analogy is a pile of shite, stop using it. Hernandez has a better goal scoring record and didn't take any penalties (that I know of) - which striker was more valuable to their team?

Also, what else does Balotelli offer other than goals? Sounds like a stupid question, but his tally is nowhere near high enough to justify the lack of anything else he does. His passing is poor, touch can be atrocious at times, wastes quite a few chances, and whether you want to admit it or not, is prone to a red card here or there.

People can have any opinion they want, but by no means does it have to be respected. Indeed, many opinions deserve nothing more than mocking derision. Racists try and hides behind the "respect my opinion" nonsense too. Although if you're really going to expand my opinion that you're opinion is utterly idiotic and deserving of ridicule should also be totally respected as well, apparently. And then you get tied up in a big mess. And then it becomes apparent, again, that you are a foaming at the mouth weirdo who is obsessed about making personal judgements of people you've never met. And then it stops being about football and begins to waste everyone's time.

Balotelli is a much better player than Hernandez, that is why he has consistently played for some of the world's biggest teams and is the first choice striker at both AC Milan - one of the world's biggest clubs - and Italy, one of the world's best international sides. He had an utterly dominant European Championship.

I have nothing against Hernandez, but he is an extremely limited player who will never be anything more than a bench player for United. Utter shite like Welbeck start ahead of him. He is just Ole Gunner Solskjaer, his touch is consistently awful and if you start him there's a high chance he'll be utter shit. Good for a goal off the bench. But would Hernandez be starting every week for AC Milan? Would he be the first choice striker for a top international side like Italy? No to either. It's a slam dunk debate. And that's why the only people who disagree with it are:

1) You - the obsessive weirdo.

2) 53_and_counting - someone who posted it weeks ago and is desperately backtracking.

3) Dundeewhatever - hater

4) Dindeleux - to be fair to him, he seemed relieved as f**k that he only asked the question and never said Hernandez was better.

Anyone with any sense ran away from it like a million miles. It really is Zamora > Ibrahimovic territory.

Im not explaining my opinion anymore, i certsinlt havent back tracked considering ive still stated that id have hernandez over balotelli as a back up striker purely because hernandez has a better goal ratio,

Balotelli maybe the better player overall, but as a bench player that is brought on when you need a goal id rather turn to hernandez

Now if you cannot handle anyone having a different opinion to yours supras, then i question why you are a regular poster on a busy internet football forum, your '' my way or no way'' is quite frankly off putting in a thread that has genuine debate

So again ill say im not backtracking or deflecting, balotelli is a better all round player no one will argue, but my opinion is that as a 3rd choice striker id aim for a goalscorer before an all rounder that doesnt score as many

Supras in "look at me" and 'destroy a thread' shock.

As has been said, numerous times, he would have Hernandez as his 3rd/4th choice striker as, it would be, him coming off the bench 90% of the time. If you bring a striker on the park it's usually to look for a goal, something Hernandez has proven over the peice to be better at grabbing than Mario has. There is no doubting Mario is the better player, why you would want someone, as third choice striker, to be a better all round player than a goalscorer is beyond unbelievable.

Er, no. I'm purely about discussing the football. I always have been. Also, given this thread has reached 24 pages and I have been mentioned on pretty much every page surely the thread would have been ruined a long time ago?

Uh, yes, of course you'd want a better all round player because you could start Balotelli and he'd do very well - as he did in the run in last season. Start Hernandez and there's a high chance he'll be utter shit. Balotelli laid on the goal that won the title, he made a huge impact from the bench.

Im not explaining my opinion anymore, i certsinlt havent back tracked considering ive still stated that id have hernandez over balotelli as a back up striker purely because hernandez has a better goal ratio,

Balotelli maybe the better player overall, but as a bench player that is brought on when you need a goal id rather turn to hernandez

Now if you cannot handle anyone having a different opinion to yours supras, then i question why you are a regular poster on a busy internet football forum, your '' my way or no way'' is quite frankly off putting in a thread that has genuine debate

So again ill say im not backtracking or deflecting, balotelli is a better all round player no one will argue, but my opinion is that as a 3rd choice striker id aim for a goalscorer before an all rounder that doesnt score as many

Genuine debate? What genuine debate? You've laughably claimed that you'd rather have Hernandez than Balotelli in your squad - hint, at no point was back up striker up mentioned by anyone. What has happened, and everyone can see this, is that you thought Hernandez was a better player, posted it, it then turns out that he's obviously not and now you're backtracking and bringing in this back up striker cavaet that never previously existed. Don't blame me for it, better posters would have just acknowledged their mistake and poor judgement. You choose to drag it out not me.

If I could make a bit of a comparison:

Steven Naismith is a better football player than Kris Boyd. If I had the choice to take either of those 2 players ( in the form they were in when they left Kilmarnock) I would take Boyd everytime.

Supras, I don't really think that anyone is saying Hernandez is better than Balotelli but in terms of positive impact to the team some would take Hernandez over him. Balotelli is probably a better player than Dzeko as well, but Dzeko always delivers.

There's nothing wrong with agreeing with someone even if your own opinion differs,not everything is black and white.

Balotelli makes a much more positive impact on a team than Hernandez. Did you think that AC Milan were desperate to sign a bench player like Hernandez? Do Italy wish Hernandez was Italian so they could drop someone who scored twice in the Euros semi final?

Were they f**k. Balotelli is a much better player who contribtues much more to any team he plays for. His goal scoring record has been good wherever he has been and has had an absolutely fantastic start at AC Milan. You're mewling, and those of others, produces anomalies like Bent over RVP, and Lampard over Iniesta, Zidane and Xavi.

It's utter bullshit, and everybody knows it.

Balotelli makes a much more positive impact on a team than Hernandez. Did you think that AC Milan were desperate to sign a bench player like Hernandez? Do Italy wish Hernandez was Italian so they could drop someone who scored twice in the Euros semi final?

Were they f**k. Balotelli is a much better player who contribtues much more to any team he plays for. His goal scoring record has been good wherever he has been and has had an absolutely fantastic start at AC Milan. You're mewling, and those of others, produces anomalies like Bent over RVP, and Lampard over Iniesta, Zidane and Xavi.

It's utter bullshit, and everybody knows it.

Its really not, its my opinion.

We will see where their career paths go, and the bet still stands. Will we settle it when Balotelli is 27?

ETA: Do you think that Alex Ferguson would be desperate to sign Balotelli and stick him on the bench instead of Hernandez?

ETA again: In terms of your point about goal scoring records - Hernandez has also scored wherever he has played. Balotelli has had a good career so far (better than Hernandez) but I still wouldn't have him in my team in front of Hernandez. Mario has scored (according to Wikipedia) 44 goals in 118 club games compared to Hernandez's 57 in 132 games. Balotelli has scored 5 goals in 17 capped games for Italy with Hernandez netting 28 goals in 44 games for Mexico.

Balotelli is younger than Hernandez of course.

Yes, and whilst Hernandez is scoring goals in the Mexican Leagues Balotelli was scoring them in Serie A. And whilst Hernandez was playing Guatemala Balotelli was playing Spain.

But it's academic, Balotelli is a significantly better player than Hernandez. If Ferguson could swap them he'd do so in a heartbeat, he saw Balotelli destroying United in the 6-1 victory - he knows what an exceptional player he is. If Balotelli was at Man Utd Welbeck would be back to boot cleaning duty where he belongs.

And stop hiding behind this opinion nonsense, of course opinions can be utterly incorrect. As yours is in this case.

At 27 Balotelli will be leading the line for AC Milan and Italy and Hernandez will be a bench player for Man Utd - as he will be throughout his entire career. He's not good enough to start and he never will be. As a fourth choice striker, which absolutely was not the question you asked, you would still have Balotelli given he can be excellent off the bench or starting.

Yep, as I said, all manners of scum hide behind the sanctity of opinion pish.

It's a favourite of racists and hate preachers. Just saying it's my opinion that a particular ethnic group are inherently inferior doesn't make it any less illegal.

So, uh, don't use it.

Yep, as I said, all manners of scum hide behind the sanctity of opinion pish.

It's a favourite of racists and hate preachers. Just saying it's my opinion that a particular ethnic group are inherently inferior doesn't make it any less illegal.

So, uh, don't use it.

What?

Some Godwin's Law-esque musings - if you support your own opinion, you're like a racist.

Has there ever been a thread where Supras hasn't come across as a fanny? BE SPECIFIC!

Nobody has said that you idiot. Claiming that opinion requires some kind of respect is utterly false and deserves ridicule.

What?

Oh really? Do you not think it was time you conveniently left?

Have an opinion all you want, just don't think that it protects you from criticism.

Archived