Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

A story about some drunk Methilite in the Courier (complete with video) lead me to the Funny Fifers facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/FunnyFifers/

Dear god.

Inevitably after some scrolling:

Poundland, Farmfoods, Carlton Bakery, Peacocks, New Look, Mad Hackers, Thomsons travel agents and Home Bargains in the retail park of Leven high street have all refused to take Poppy Appeal fund raising tins!

This is absolutely disgusting behavior from Leven high street and I would urge everyone to boycott these shops until an official statement is released from each and every one of them!

Our heroes fought and died to ensure that our cultures and heritage didn't!

Farmfoods refused to comment, while Carlton Bakery said their company policy was to support another charity – Chest, Heart and Stroke Scotland – all year round. Similarly, a representative for Mad Hackers said the shop was already supporting other charities.

A spokesman for Thomson said: “We supports a number of official charity partners each year as part of the TUI Group and is committed to raising funds in the UK, on board our flights and through our overseas teams.

‘‘We encourage retail colleagues to fundraise for official partners in store. The decision to support other charities on occasion is at the discretion of each individual store manager.

‘‘On this occasion, there was a misunderstanding and this request was denied. We would like to apologise for any upset caused.”

A spokesman for Peacocks refuted the committee’s claims, commenting: “We do indeed sell poppies from the store and customers are able to make a donation to the charity.

“There is currently a poppy box at the till point, clearly displayed for customers who wish to make a donation and take a poppy.”

Despite numerous attempts to contact Card Factory and Poundland, at the time of going to deadline, no response was given.

In a welcome turn of events, New Look has now agreed to take a tin from the local branch while Ines Dearman, community engagement manager at Home Bargains, said: “Home Bargains is a long-standing supporter of the Poppy Appeal. We have spoken to the local branch of the Royal British Legion and assured them we are delighted to support its important fundraising efforts.”

Early November is upon us ladies and gents and you know what that means!

It's POPPY FASCIST SEASON!!!

That's right, 'tis the season to commemorate those who fought in wars all over the world to preserve people's freedom! And what better way to exercise that freedom than by telling other people to do exactly what you want them to do!

"If i don't get a instant like for this guy there is something wrong with you."

Followed by a photo of a smiling kid who happens to have Down's Syndrome.

So now apparently there's something wrong with people who don't click "Like" on a picture of a stranger's child. Let that sink in.

"If i don't get a instant like for this guy there is something wrong with you."

Followed by a photo of a smiling kid who happens to have Down's Syndrome.

So now apparently there's something wrong with people who don't click "Like" on a picture of a stranger's child. Let that sink in.

I hope you replied with:

'Actually I think there's something wrong with HIM...'

(I'm actually disgusted with myself for this post. But what the f**k.)

I hope you replied with:

'Actually I think there's something wrong with HIM...'

(I'm actually disgusted with myself for this post. But what the f**k.)

And I laughed at it so that's yet another reason I'm going to hell when I die. Thanks a lot.

The Aussie version of Mumsnet are up in arms because a mother has been charged with leaving a 2yo in a car but the husband was also in attendance and is "getting off with it".

They choose to ignore that the mother admitted she was the driver and is therefore legally responsible. Instead claims of sexism and its a disgrace abound.

Edited by Swarley