Doctor Who

yoda

If it weren't for Capaldi and the absolutely excellent 'Heaven Sent', the series would have been a complete waste of time. Well it still is really, are we not supposed to know what the 'hybrid' stuff was all about, or has that just gone over my head? Or what the Doctor's 'confession' was? It's like Moffat's just written part of a story and not finished it.

The hybrid was the Doctor and Clara working in tandem.

I didn't think it was awful, but it wasn't great either.

What was the bit they mentioned The Master? I didn't really follow.

It was about how clara met the doctor i think, Missy?

gain, just another non explained thing the moffat threw in.

If it weren't for Capaldi and the absolutely excellent 'Heaven Sent', the series would have been a complete waste of time. Well it still is really, are we not supposed to know what the 'hybrid' stuff was all about, or has that just gone over my head? Or what the Doctor's 'confession' was? It's like Moffat's just written part of a story and not finished it.

For what it's worth I thought the chemistry between Capaldi and JLC was very good, probably better than ever, but the fact Clara was even brought back in such a prominent fashion just betrayed the emotional weight of the last two episodes. And even her fate has been left up in the air. As a season finale, it just didn't finalise anything.

The hybrid was Ashildir, or the Doctor, or the Doctor and Clara, or none of the above. Moffat was so fucking desperate to include every single fan theory he completely lost track of what he was actually saying so just left a giant puddle of shite for everyone else to try and sort out depending on their point of view.

Were to assume that the old dear at the start was the Doctor's maw? How did she recognise him? And she said something that hinted the Doctor had a brother.

Also I thought the Doctor already had gone to the end of the time ( the Tennent episode where Derek Jacobi is the master)?

Who was the older woman in the Gallifrey robes?

What was the point in the character of Ashildir/Me? Are she and Clara just going to f**k off on space adventures now?

Edited by DA Baracus

Thought it was watchable but went nowhere aside from seeing Clara and the annoying lass go off on adventures together, no doubt so they can put together a spin-off at some point.

The old TARDIS was cool.

The Hybrid was Clara and the Doctor as they kept pushing each other to the extreme in such ways as the Doctor breaking all the rules and going too far (which he'd done before as it led to David Tennant's death as the 11th(?) Doctor) and Clara probably being stupid and taking on the curse two episodes ago. I could be talking crap but that was my understanding.

The Doctor went to the end of the Universe in Utopia (where they found The Master/David Jacobi).

Edited by meanmistermustard

It just felt like a big mess that didn't finalise much (though they'll probably be tied up in 4/5 years time like the TARDIS's explosion). The Christmas one looks like it could blow Robot of Sherwood/the second Ishildir episode/the pirate episode out the park in terms of "worst episode".

After Face the Raven I thought they'd finally decided to kill off a companion, the first proper one since Adric. Then she reappeared last week - not a problem, I thought, they gave Adric a scene after his death too. But it appears companions aren't allowed to die any more, even when they do.

It looked great, especially the retro TARDIS, but I was expecting an episode about Gallifrey and instead got one about saving Clara. A season finale now seems to offer twice as many unanswered questions and loose threads as there were before it.

Maybe next season we'll get a load of stories where the TARDIS land somewhere and some stuff happens. Time to bin the story arcs.

Still pretty confused how The Doctor could absolutely despise Jack Harkness, and the TARDIS would run away from him, yet they accepted Clara with ease. Surely a "fixed point in time" as they always moaned about him being was exactly what Clara was in that episode?

Thought it was watchable but went nowhere aside from seeing Clara and the annoying lass go off on adventures together, no doubt so they can put together a spin-off at some point.

The old TARDIS was cool.

The Hybrid was Clara and the Doctor as they kept pushing each other to the extreme in such ways as the Doctor breaking all the rules and going too far (which he'd done before as it led to David Tennant's death as the 11th(?) Doctor) and Clara probably being stupid and taking on the curse two episodes ago. I could be talking crap but that was my understanding.

The Doctor went to the end of the Universe in Utopia (where they found The Master/David Jacobi).

"Clara and Me" - and Im copyrighting that by the way. If it isnt a spin off it left it wide open for them to return to the series when Coleman can be arsed and Williams has a break from Thrones. Pretty poor stuff really.

Im sorry but two people working together isnt a hybrid, its two people!

As others have said, there was so much just thrown around and/or unanswered that a lot of it just didnt make sense. One other thing I dont remember being cleared up - what happened to Clara being the "impossible girl"?

It's OK we have another character that Moffat refuses to kill in the next episode.

Yeah but River is "sassy" and "cheeky" and makes lots of jokes about her relationship with the doctor, who gets annoyed because he doesnt know hes in a relationship with her yet! Much hilarity!

Yeah but River is "sassy" and "cheeky" and makes lots of jokes about her relationship with the doctor, who gets annoyed because he doesnt know hes in a relationship with her yet! Much hilarity!

Moffat's really bitten off more than he can chew with that character. It's just a fucking mess now and no one really cares.