Doctor Who

yoda

On 08/09/2023 at 12:03, scottsdad said:

Power of the Daleks [animated]

Fantastic. I'm not a big fan of Dalek stories generally, I find them a touch dull, but this was really good. Used all 6 episodes well, building up the tension. I hope there are more of this quality to come, this was really enjoyable. 

The only down side for me was Ben whinging a bit in the first 3 episodes. 

Dalek stories were usually the best

Series 24 done. I actually enjoyed most of it. I'd have loved to have seen the Rani done properly. Her two stories were rotten. Delta and the Bannerman was silly in a brilliant way. Glitz and Mel would have been a good double act on screen but I won't miss her screaming!

Ace and Doc for the home stretch 

19 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Mark Strickson (Turlough) was a shite companion. 

But then Peter Davison was a shite Doctor. 

I reckon Davison is a bit like Jodie Whittaker - not bad as an actor in the role but given some utter dross scripts. 

On 02/11/2023 at 15:20, jagfox said:

I watched the first Jon Pertwee story run last night. Quite enjoyed it. 

Watched the first Pertwee episode the other night. The production values were like an industrial training film. I put on City Of Death from the end of the decade afterwards, the difference in quality was night and day.

1 minute ago, Lurkst said:

Watched the first Pertwee episode the other night. The production values were like an industrial training film. I put on City Of Death from the end of the decade afterwards, the difference in quality was night and day.

Ha, that's the run I watched next, too. Was a belter.

I really liked the Curse of Fenric. Really enjoying McCoy. Think the story would also have worked with either Pertwee and Unit (I appreciate East and West working together wouldn't have worked so well in 1970). I also would have liked Matt Smith to visit Alan Turing to do him properly in the Whoniverse

And that's it.

Sylvester ✅

Classic Who ✅

All of Who ✅

If it has been cancelled in 1984 I'd have understood why. It was grim. 7 came in and had some brilliant stories. He and Ace are two of my favourites. There would be no new who without 7 and Ace. The darker tone, the queer coding, the not overusing enemies, it's all there. 

If I hadn't have given up on 6 I'd have done new who as well by now but I'm having a  break until the specials have been out then the Movie and New Who will be next. 

• 2 weeks later...

Not mad on the colourisation. Too saturated for me and the editing was a bit clunky. 

Overall I did enjoy it though. Certainly not against more adaptations if they fancied it