The Creepy & The Strange

I was friends with a guy a few years ago now when I was in the Army who viewed the existence of ghosts as just a normal part and parcel of life. We were on a training exercise somewhere down south and as we walked past what to me was an empty field he pulled me to one side and told me he'd heard a horse from the empty field neighing at the gate we'd just walked past, but was confused as to why he couldn't see it before realising it was the ghost of a dead horse not being picked up by his night vision.

More odd than creepy, but I found it strange the way he treated the whole situation in such a matter of fact and casual manner. I never saw or heard anything, maybe he was bamming me up - but he was very into all of that stuff, so I don't doubt he believed it and the story has always stuck with me.

Edited by 2426255

• 2 months later...

Babysitting my neighbours kids & their place is creppy AF.

Facetimed their parents & sent them to brush their teeth & I swear there was knocking downstairs.

2 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

You must get to see a lot of nudie wifies though.

Some folk claim to manage that without needing to be spectral peeping toms.

I know, I don't believe them either.

12 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

I feel sorry for ghosts. Imagine being trapped alone in enternal afterlife where all you can do is rock chairs and bang walls.

Dont know if you remember Ghostwatch.

Mr Pipes.

19 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

You must get to see a lot of nudie wifies though.

16 hours ago, BFTD said:

Some folk claim to manage that without needing to be spectral peeping toms.

I know, I don't believe them either.

With ghosts seemingly being merely apparitions with no actual physical mass (never encountered one personally), are they even capable of having a wee chug in the afterlife? If not and I should end up one myself, I'd probably just stick to going around scaring cnuts I didn't like when I was alive instead of hanging about Rhianna's bedroom as an ethereal ball of sexual frustration. 

1 hour ago, The DA said:

If you were an ethereal ghost, would you be able to see anything?  If there's no physical lens or retina to register an image...

We may finally have found a flaw in the logic surrounding the existence of ghosts.

11 hours ago, BFTD said:

We may finally have found a flaw in the logic surrounding the existence of ghosts.

Or just discovered why they've evolved to walk through things rather than batter into everything.

2 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Or just discovered why they've evolved to walk through things rather than batter into everything.

Nah.

Scooby Doo episodes proved beyond doubt that "ghosts" are just actually disgruntled current or former caretakers wearing a bedsheet.

1 hour ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

Nah.

Scooby Doo episodes proved beyond doubt that "ghosts" are just actually disgruntled current or former caretakers wearing a bedsheet.

They would have gotten away with it if wasn't for those pesky kids.

2 hours ago, tamthebam said:

I'm not sure I'd like to meet a ghost. That's the thing I'd fear the most. I'd rather have a bit of toast. 

I cant be alone in getting freaked out with the butterlies in that video.