The Creepy & The Strange

On 24/04/2022 at 18:27, Hedgecutter said:

Just outside of Dufftown:

416814805_PXL_20220424_1724058312.thumb.jpg.27ce03d070d75b4f03be77336d9d6d54.jpg

Not seen the Glen Donkey story yet.

Happened to see Tipping Point today (aye, ah ken) and a question was (paraphrasing) :

What is the ingredient that goes with potatoes to produce the dish "neeps and tatties" ??

One contestant answered "parsnips" and the other was a clueless guy who had nae idea.

The official programme answer was "swedes".   🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

I envisaged auld  Kincy cheering on the  non-nat and true britishness answer and will be on here next weekend after a bucketload of juniper juice to shove this (and his usual "tartan gonk" gatling gun spray) right up the "jockos".  

Happened to see Tipping Point today (aye, ah ken) and a question was (paraphrasing) :
What is the ingredient that goes with potatoes to produce the dish "neeps and tatties" ??
One contestant answered "parsnips" and the other was a clueless guy who had nae idea.
The official programme answer was "swedes".   [emoji2357][emoji2357]
I envisaged auld  Kincy cheering on the  non-nat and true britishness answer and will be on here next weekend after a bucketload of juniper juice to shove this (and his usual "tartan gonk" gatling gun spray) right up the "jockos".  

Isn't the correct answer "neeps"?

On 24/04/2022 at 18:27, Hedgecutter said:

Just outside of Dufftown:

416814805_PXL_20220424_1724058312.thumb.jpg.27ce03d070d75b4f03be77336d9d6d54.jpg

Not seen the Glen Donkey story yet.

I used to stay out that way and see all sorts of military jets. One was some kind of stealth jet that was as fast as a usual jet but completely silent, it was so low too.

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Got a text earlier from a pal. It was just a random line from The Shining. He had no idea I was/am working alone in an empty hotel today. 

Best goddamned bartender from Timbuktu to Portland, Maine, or Portland, Oregon, for that matter.

15 minutes ago, Venti said:

Best goddamned bartender from Timbuktu to Portland, Maine, or Portland, Oregon, for that matter.

I’ve taken the precautions of knobbling the radio and the snow mobile in case anyone tries to interrupt my work.

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Got a text earlier from a pal. It was just a random line from The Shining. He had no idea I was/am working alone in an empty hotel today. 

Do you reply, “whether you hear me typing or whether you DON’t hear me typing, or whatever the f**k you hear me doing in here, when I am in here, that means that I am WORKING”?

Disappointed if not.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

This paranormal database entry gave me a laugh:

IMG-20220530-WA0002.thumb.jpg.7848f8c59ed9eac13b8ac3d1dc602f2c.jpg

Long time ago, I was on some meds that caused me to hallucinate shit like that.

Odd to think that, if I'd written it all down, people could've been reading about my paranormal visions a few hundred years from now.

Edited by BFTD
TENSE!

Just now, DiegoDiego said:

Got any left? Asking for a friend.

They're easy enough to find: fluoxetine.

Not a common side effect, I'm told, but my printer stopped waving to me when I came off them, and that's about all you can ask for out of life.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

They're easy enough to find: fluoxetine.

Not a common side effect, I'm told, but my printer stopped waving to me when I came off them, and that's about all you can ask for out of life.

Most of us are gonna need some of this (or stronger), just to get through the 'long weekend'..

Edited by broon-loon
Poor feckin keybord skills

1 hour ago, broon-loon said:

Most of us are gonna need some of this (or stronger), just to get through the 'long weekend'..

There's a computer game called We Happy Few, which features a drug that causes everyone to hallucinate that life is spiffy and everything isn't falling apart.

The hallucination it gives everyone looks remarkable like these jubilee celebrations.

9 minutes ago, BFTD said:

There's a computer game called We Happy Few, which features a drug that causes everyone to hallucinate that life is spiffy and everything isn't falling apart.

The hallucination it gives everyone looks remarkable like these jubilee celebrations.

I'll stick with Beer and maybe a Malt or two.  😇

• 5 months later...