The Creepy & The Strange

Maybe been mentioned but some documentary folk DNA tested fur caught on a barbed wire fence, found around an English farm that was seeing a lot of livestock killed, and it came back a 99% match for a panther.

44 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe been mentioned but some documentary folk DNA tested fur caught on a barbed wire fence, found around an English farm that was seeing a lot of livestock killed, and it came back a 99% match for a panther.

A guy I knew on another forum was a vet who got called out to all suspected big cat kills in Scotland.

He'd never seen a big cat in Scotland but said the kills he'd investigated were pretty convincing.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Panthers don't exist.

Smudger, on the other hand...

• 4 months later...
On 11/06/2023 at 19:01, Loonytoons said:

A guy I knew on another forum was a vet who got called out to all suspected big cat kills in Scotland.

He'd never seen a big cat in Scotland but said the kills he'd investigated were pretty convincing.

My da always told me as a kid that there was a panther or similar big cat loose on the Black Isle which had escaped from the Black Isle Animal Park.

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

I uploaded Ghostwatch to Vimeo, I can post the link again if anyone want to watch it.

Always thought Mr Pipes was going to launch stuff around my room like a poltergeist when I was wee.

On 13/10/2023 at 15:51, Venti said:

Someone mentioned Ghost Watch earlier when I was talking about Halloween stuff.

This is the creepiest theme tune of all:

For some reason my dad would let me stay up and watch this as a kid when my mum was at work. He would then moan that I was wide awake all night.

My bedroom window faced out on to the road and every time a car's headlights shone in the window I was convinced I was being abducted by aliens. 

13 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

For some reason my dad would let me stay up and watch this as a kid when my mum was at work. He would then moan that I was wide awake all night.

My bedroom window faced out on to the road and every time a car's headlights shone in the window I was convinced I was being abducted by aliens. 

Plot twist. You did actually get abducted, cloned & the real version is in the Matrix.

None of this is real.

I don't think I've mentioned this to anyone before, but a few months after my first child was born strange things started to happen, it got that weird that I kept notes on my phone with the details. Something that happened last night prompted me to look at the notes I left, this is more or less as I've written them down. 

November 1st, orb / floating object on baby monitor, rapid temperature drop on monitor and she was turned the opposite way in the Next-to-Me cot thing. She was probably not even 3 months and couldn't roll at this point. 

November ??, object falling off the head of the bed, daughter appearing to be looking at and trying to talk to someone when no one was in room (this happened more than once and she always fixated on the same spot)

November 11th, pacing steps upstairs, this sounds like nonsense I know (but it was a very specific back and forth pacing as if soothing a baby after this the sleeping bag she was in was unzipped. 

November 21st, the baby monitor flickered and her comforter went from being on her head to on the bed, quite some distance away given she was 3 months it was a hell of a throw and then, the comforter re-appeared on her head and then back on the bed again. I remember saying to the missus "nah f**k this man and running upstairs" and she was lying sound asleep comforter on the bed. 

I can probably explain a lot of things and a lot of this could be down to the sheer tiredness you experience as a first time parent, like sure one of us could have easily put her the wrong way in the cot and forgot to zip up the sleeping bag, but with all of these things happening frequently then rational went out the window, particularly as the events coincided with being given items from my gran (who'd passed away a couple of months before she was born) just before weird things started happening. 

50 minutes ago, thistledo said:

I don't think I've mentioned this to anyone before, but a few months after my first child was born strange things started to happen, it got that weird that I kept notes on my phone with the details. Something that happened last night prompted me to look at the notes I left, this is more or less as I've written them down. 

November 1st, orb / floating object on baby monitor, rapid temperature drop on monitor and she was turned the opposite way in the Next-to-Me cot thing. She was probably not even 3 months and couldn't roll at this point. 

November ??, object falling off the head of the bed, daughter appearing to be looking at and trying to talk to someone when no one was in room (this happened more than once and she always fixated on the same spot)

November 11th, pacing steps upstairs, this sounds like nonsense I know (but it was a very specific back and forth pacing as if soothing a baby after this the sleeping bag she was in was unzipped. 

November 21st, the baby monitor flickered and her comforter went from being on her head to on the bed, quite some distance away given she was 3 months it was a hell of a throw and then, the comforter re-appeared on her head and then back on the bed again. I remember saying to the missus "nah f**k this man and running upstairs" and she was lying sound asleep comforter on the bed. 

I can probably explain a lot of things and a lot of this could be down to the sheer tiredness you experience as a first time parent, like sure one of us could have easily put her the wrong way in the cot and forgot to zip up the sleeping bag, but with all of these things happening frequently then rational went out the window, particularly as the events coincided with being given items from my gran (who'd passed away a couple of months before she was born) just before weird things started happening. 

^^^named the child Regan. Regrets it now.