A great feeling at Cappielow..

It was a league record crowd at the time, it is not now.

So you agree that Morton registered a league record crowd on 10 May 2003. Which was stated precisely, several times.

Further, you implicitly agree that Queen of the South have never registered a higher crowd than this in the modern period.

I think the impeccability of my facts have been secured now.

Falkirk helped Partick Thistle register a record crowd for last season on August 11 2012 :1eye

That's not a 'league record crowd': that is a 'season record crowd', for a particular league. Fun With Facts doesn't deal in such trivial nonsense.

Unlucky.

So you agree that Morton registered a league record crowd on 10 May 2003. Which was stated precisely, several times.

Further, you implicitly agree that Queen of the South have never registered a higher crowd than this in the modern period.

I think the impeccability of my facts have been secured now.

It was a record crowd at the time, that much is correct.

This is some fairly desperate point scoring.

It might be the wee confidence boost VT needs, Torres will be hoping for the same against Tahiti.

You appear to be having some issues with the definition of 'fact'. As a result Fun With Facts rejects your contribution. 

Which, given the identity of the poster, was to be expected. 

Can you prove that Morton are not terrible?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

This is fun!

Queen of the South v Morton head to head

Interestingly both teams have won 15 games each at Palmerston with us winning 12 to Morton’s 10 at Cappielow.

I expect us to improve our head to head figures this season.

post-19590-0-13126400-1371738181_thumb.p

Edited by MacWatt

I didn't say Morton were close to Partick Thistle: thanks for playing anyway.

Fun With Facts prides itself on maintaining relevant facts, rather than insipid straw man observations.

Shall I simplify the point that I was making for you?

You were laughing at how far away from the Pars we were. You are trying to make out that Morton had a great season, which, by their standards, I'll grant you.

Raith were closer to winning the league than Morton were. So laughing at our supposedly mediocre challenge would equate to you also finding how far away Morton were hilarious as well.

Unlucky.

Here's a fun fact: Morton are terrible.

Can you prove that Morton are not terrible?

No one has addressed you and yet you scramble for relevance. Wut.

No one has addressed you and yet you scramble for relevance. Wut.

Vikington replied to one of the posts you quoted..

Wut.

You morton dimwits better start praying the hearts survive, because if they don't it certainly won't be a 'great feeling at cappielow' it'll be the biggest football embarrassment the world has ever seen.

This, just this. :lol::lol::lol:

You morton dimwits better start praying the hearts survive, because if they don't it certainly won't be a 'great feeling at cappielow' it'll be the biggest football embarrassment the world has ever seen.

Last year I felt Dundee should have had the baws to tell the SPL to f off after taking too long and giving them short notice.

Now I hope Morton would do the same.

(Disclaimer, no way in a million years any club would do what's right ahead of grabbing the cash.

Even though it means the league season would be crap for competition and the clubs fans regularly embarassed.)

Last year I felt Dundee should have had the baws to tell the SPL to f off after taking too long and giving them short notice.

Now I hope Morton would do the same.

(Disclaimer, no way in a million years any club would do what's right ahead of grabbing the cash.

Even though it means the league season would be crap for competition and the clubs fans regularly embarassed.)

I know your point, but it depends on your definition of "the right thing". Now we're under the same governing body, Morton or Dundee probably won't have the option. And if a club does fold and the next in line refuses promotion, there's one of three scenarios- an uneven top tier (which would be unfair on the clubs other than Hearts), a team that is further down the pecking order taking what they shouldn't be entitled to or a bottom heavy league preventing the chance of a non league team getting into the national set up. The problem last season being that the non league team chosen was the newly formed The Rangers, rather than Cove, Spartans or Huntly.

There's probably no right or wrong from the point of view of a club that is in a situation like this unfortunately. Morton and Dundee, like every other club in the country, have a duty to the game as a whole. By not accepting promotion through the back door it could be argued they weren't fulfilling those committments. All fine and good to say the SPL never cared about us, but two wrongs don't necessarily make a right.

I prefer fun with flags.

VT disapproves of fun with flags.

Regrettably, the only two flags that have been run up Morton's pole of late have been from their extended stay at the seaside. By his own very strict criteria only diddy teams spend time in these leagues.

The joy of winning Division 3 (Three) and subsequently Division 2 meant nothing to him. These victories only served to fuel the crushing reality of the situation. His team were no longer the team his great, grandfather would have watched lifting the Scottish cup in 1922. They were not even the team of the early 80's that his dad spoke of. No. they were infact diddies.

e7jbkj.jpg

Ah, sweet. The resident Morton rager makes a tit of himself again. Hopefully no one in his immediate care circle takes issue with him directly or we could end up with a massive verge of tears, doing it wrong breakdown of a post!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Pie & Bovril mobile app