A great feeling at Cappielow..

Why would Morton accept 100k? It doesn't even cover (last season's) annual shortfall, the club isn't in need of short-term cashflow, and would probably remove any prospect of competing for promotion next season - whether for 1st place or in any possible reconstructed order.

If Tidser is going anywhere then I suspect it will be down south, and a deal could well be already outlined for this summer.

I was merely hypothesising what would be a considered a healthy amount, in particular for a First Division player, given it was said above that this would be accepted. £100k is a pretty generous amount for players in the First, there's not many that go for 6 figures in this league.

What would you consider, realistically, to be a healthy offer for Tidser?

Like your side, your response lacks originality, creativity and a genuinely cutting edge.

How appropriate :D

Cutting edge lacking? 72 goals scored, a goal difference of +31 and a points total of 67 would suggest otherwise. How's Fife's second team doing this year?

You're correct to state that 100k is a healthy offer at this level. But Morton are in no real position to sell, at least for that amount.

Unless an offer is closer towards the region of 200k then I don't see what practical benefit the club would achieve by relinquishing the player before his deal ends. Particularly given even a year in the SPL is worth much more, and the club doesn't need to sell.

You're correct to state that 100k is a healthy offer at this level. But Morton are in no real position to sell, at least for that amount.

Unless an offer is closer towards the region of 200k then I don't see what practical benefit the club would achieve by relinquishing the player before his deal ends. Particularly given even a year in the SPL is worth much more, and the club doesn't need to sell.

If Ross County came in for him and Tidser says he wants to go would Morton turn down £100,000 or risk losing out on money for a player that doesn't want to be there?

If Ross County came in for him and Tidser says he wants to go would Morton turn down £100,000 or risk losing out on money for a player that doesn't want to be there?

We've 1 at Hearts and 1 heading for the EPL, never got close to £100k combined, in Scottish terms 6 figures is fantasy football outwith the big 2.

Can't say I noticed a Morton player worth considerably more than Stevo last season IIBH.

Depends on the relationship between the player and the club. While Ross County are doing well I don't think Tidser would be breaking down doors to sign for them - in this scenario, I don't think the club would accept that offer.

We've 1 at Hearts and 1 heading for the EPL, never got close to £100k combined, in Scottish terms 6 figures is fantasy football outwith the big 2.

Can't say I noticed a Morton player worth considerably more than Stevo last season IIBH.

Nobody cares about your seaside league club nor your failed journeyman player.

Nobody cares about your seaside league club nor your failed journeyman player.

I know, both have played more top tier games than Morton in their lifetime, 1 might get to strut their stuff at Old Trafford, I can't wait 'til Ayr have 11 failures of similar ability.

or Ayr: who haven't played a single top flight match since 1978.

Gutted for you.

There's only 1 calling them failed journeymen on the same thread he's valuing some shit at Morton at £200k.

Even though last season we got 300k + add-ons taking it to as much as 700k for a C/H that had played half a season at the time and 150k for a 23 year old attacking midfielder with 6 months left on his deal? I know I'm biting, but for diddies like Ayr, you're right, fantasy football, but for the big full-time teams it's far from it.

Even though last season we got 300k + add-ons taking it to as much as 700k for a C/H that had played half a season at the time and 150k for a 23 year old attacking midfielder with 6 months left on his deal? I know I'm biting, but for diddies like Ayr, you're right, fantasy football, but for the big full-time teams it's far from it.

We're in with a chance of a wee windfall ourselves but it won't be from Scottish teams.

Tidser can sign a pre-contract in 6 months, nobody's going to pay £200k now when they can get him for nowt.

And don't knock your players, they proved they could cut it with the big boys, Morton usually rollover and get their tummies rubbed the minute they play a higher league team.

Edited by ayrmad

We're in with a chance of a wee windfall ourselves but it won't be from Scottish teams.

Well that was a misunderstanding. I thought the point you were making was that Scottish teams never receive transfer fees like that. Sorry, no, I agree then.

Well that was a misunderstanding. I thought the point you were making was that Scottish teams never receive transfer fees like that. Sorry, no, I agree then.

No probs, English teams are always looking for kids with possibilities.

In all honesty, if Morton get rid of him this summer the Morton fans will know their SPL ambitions are over for another generation.

Edited by ayrmad