A great feeling at Cappielow..

No that's right because you've already been there and done that and look how that turned out

Don't think we spunked fortunes to get out of the seaside leagues, I can only remember 1 team entering admin then spunking fortunes because they couldn't get out of the seaside leagues.

Begging and grovelling to Reynard & Co a 2nd time must be a huge worry, Halcyon days indeed.

Don't think we spunked fortunes to get out of the seaside leagues, I can only remember 1 team entering admin then spunking fortunes because they couldn't get out of the seaside leagues.

Begging and grovelling to Reynard & Co a 2nd time must be a huge worry, Halcyon days indeed.

Who are Reynard & Co? What are you on about?

As the thread title says, there's a great feeling at Cappielow. Everyone wants a piece of that.

They can have it when we finish 8th and narrowly avoid returning to Ayr and Brechin! But we've finished 2nd and bitch slapped most teams apart from Hamilton along the way to our best finish and possibly points total too for 25 years. After last season I think that's awrite. A great feeling at Cappielow. 8)

As the thread title says, there's a great feeling at Cappielow. Everyone wants a piece of that.

They can have it when we finish 8th and narrowly avoid returning to Ayr and Brechin! But we've finished 2nd and bitch slapped most teams apart from Hamilton along the way to our best finish and possibly points total too for 25 years. After last season I think that's awrite. A great feeling at Cappielow. 8)

Morton finishing 8th is the norm. Morton losing a two horse promotion race isn't the norm. Finishing second is like winning the Ramsdens Cup; nobody cares and there is no kudos attached to it, there is only mocking laughter of the other also-rans.

Didn't know where to put this but I was hearing more Tidser to County rumours at our game yesterday. No reliable source just talk amongst a few supporters but a couple papers did link us with him in January. :unsure2:

Edited by staggy4life

You'll need a quite large amount of Uncle Roy's dosh, as he's under contract through next season.

A miniscule fraction of 1 % is hardly large in anyones book.

You'll need a quite large amount of Uncle Roy's dosh, as he's under contract through next season.

400 million? :o

I knew he was under contract for one more year which is why I think it's very unlikely. Plus we've not paid a transfer fee for anyone since 1999.

Part-time teams will accept any dry bones and bits of tinsel that SPL clubs offer them for their star players. With Greenock cutting contracts following their failure to buy the league it's extremely unlikely that the family silver will remain locked in the cupboard if the big boys make even a derisory offer.

400 million? :o

I knew he was under contract for one more year which is why I think it's very unlikely. Plus we've not paid a transfer fee for anyone since 1999.

Morton are skint and look to be going part time. Rae will drive him to Dingwall himself to get him off the books.

Could be worth a giggle popping along to their last home game just to hear Dougie's half time rant like we witnessed last season:D<br /><br />A concerted tilt at the title made no difference to the apathetic folk of Greenock ... other than the big head to heads with the final victors. A telling sign.<br /><br />Like a spoiled adolescent child that demands more money for toys, Morton will soon find Daddy's wallet is empty and earning your pocket money will be the only option left to them, putting all the newest and expensive toys well out of reach.

The 'Tidser to County' story has been going around for months, so I suspect that there is actual interest in the player. However, as others have stated, he is under contract and with the team built around him, it will take a healthy offer for it to be accepted. A mid-table SPL club is a good standard for Michael though, so I think it would be a great signing for Country.

Could be worth a giggle popping along to their last home game just to hear Dougie's half time rant like we witnessed last season:D<br /><br />A concerted tilt at the title made no difference to the apathetic folk of Greenock ... other than the big head to heads with the final victors. A telling sign.<br /><br />Like a spoiled adolescent child that demands more money for toys, Morton will soon find Daddy's wallet is empty and earning your pocket money will be the only option left to them, putting all the newest and expensive toys well out of reach.

^^ obsessed^^

The 'Tidser to County' story has been going around for months, so I suspect that there is actual interest in the player. However, as others have stated, he is under contract and with the team built around him, it will take a healthy offer for it to be accepted. A mid-table SPL club is a good standard for Michael though, so I think it would be a great signing for Country.

The thing is, what is a healthy offer for a First Division player these days - no matter how good he is. Morton would probably bite their hand off for £100k - and given the number of multi-millionaires on the County board, they might stretch that far.

Why would Morton accept 100k? It doesn't even cover (last season's) annual shortfall, the club isn't in need of short-term cashflow, and would probably remove any prospect of competing for promotion next season - whether for 1st place or in any possible reconstructed order.

If Tidser is going anywhere then I suspect it will be down south, and a deal could well be already outlined for this summer.