A great feeling at Cappielow..

Second is nowhere. Buttons extra prizemoney for a bigger wage bill and crowds about 1/3 lower. Falkirk have you bang to rights. Morton have had a travesty of a season.

ETA: and they have a better youth set-up, are less reliant on a single backer, and are generally far more stable to kick on next season, whilst the Morton team gets broken up for spare parts.

Edited by Ad Lib

Indeed. Could have done without the downing of the tools, even before the league was officially over, but it's been a pretty good season. Hopefully it's something we can build on. If we stay full time, we've got Bachirou wanting to stay with us, and Tidser has already showed a desire to stick around as well.

I think building on it next season depends on whether Moore continues to try and stick with two up front when one has worked for us. If he does, we'll be nowhere near a challenge. If he sticks with what we've done well, I'd be hopeful of at least having another decent season.

Probably as long as people bump this thread and make out that we've had a disaster of a season when it's actually been quite good.

This thread was undeniably fucking hilarious when we were nearly getting relegated, but I didn't really get it this season. Yeah, we fell away towards the end of the season, but bumping it routinely during a good season killed the humour a bit.

You suffer from that disease amongst Scottish football fans, jealous rage.

When a money man comes in and flings a few bob around, inevitably other teams fans like to see you lose. For reference check Livingston, Gretna, Hearts and Dundee 3 years ago.

Once Rae gets bored normal service will resume.

What a great achievement!!

You do realise Mr Rae bought that team to win the league right?

I'm pretty sure when he was signing them it wasn't just to finish above Falkirk.

Did Greenock council close down the place for a street party or something?

Indeed. Could have done without the downing of the tools, even before the league was officially over, but it's been a pretty good season. Hopefully it's something we can build on. If we stay full time, we've got Bachirou wanting to stay with us, and Tidser has already showed a desire to stick around as well.

I think building on it next season depends on whether Moore continues to try and stick with two up front when one has worked for us. If he does, we'll be nowhere near a challenge. If he sticks with what we've done well, I'd be hopeful of at least having another decent season.

Yeah, certainly if the nucleus of the team is the same we have to revert back to 4-5-1. 4-4-2 has been terrible and I don't see why Moore persisted with it for so long.

We had the choice of 4-5-1 which complemented us in every area of the park, offering adequate support to the defence and attack from midfield while bringing the best out of Tidser and Bachirou but meant accommodating one under-performing/poor player on the right, or the 4-4-2 which removed the problem of having to pick Graham/Wilkie/Wallace, but didn't complement us in any area of the park and in the end had us picking an under-performing player anyway as Campbell didn't reproduce his early season form and McMenamin is shite.

Of course we could well lose half the team, including Tidser and MacDonald, then end up back in a relegation battle anyway. We'll just have to wait and see what happens this summer.

How long are Morton fans gonnae go on about finishing above Falkirk and winning f**k all?

Probably as long as VT goes on about that cup you won when my great grandad was born.

yep Morton eh one of the giants of Scottish football.,they do talk one load of shite down cappielow way

Regarding all the talk of part-time football - is it possible/workable for clubs in the 1st to have a hybrid mix of full-time and part-time players?

Suppose it makes training awkward if you've got, say, 11 on full-time contracts but the rest are part-time and thus have less time to train, and some players might find the wage disparity unfair...

I think Raith had something like that a couple of seasons ago and had a decent season, could be imagining it though.

I'm about 90% confident that Morton will be full-time next season.

If that is confirmed, then I can see the likes of Bachirou and Tidser seeing out their contract. Those two players are the key - we have to build our new team around them.

Regarding all the talk of part-time football - is it possible/workable for clubs in the 1st to have a hybrid mix of full-time and part-time players?

Suppose it makes training awkward if you've got, say, 11 on full-time contracts but the rest are part-time and thus have less time to train, and some players might find the wage disparity unfair...

I think Raith had something like that a couple of seasons ago and had a decent season, could be imagining it though.

We did the season we challenged for the league, and also had that again this season. If we aren't completely part time next season, we will (almost certainly) be continuing with it.

I'm about 90% confident that Morton will be full-time next season.

If that is confirmed, then I can see the likes of Bachirou and Tidser seeing out their contract. Those two players are the key - we have to build our new team around them.

Them staying is crucial. Been said a number of times that without Tidser especially, we look a completely different and much worse team. If we can keep them and do what we did this season in getting in some good, experienced older heads who know the division then I think we can have another crack at promotion. The league will be stronger next season, but we should still be capable of being in the mix...hopefully.

Hows Colin McMenamin been playing. Strong rumours down here that he is about to sign for QOS again

He's been very poor for us. Shown the odd glimpse here or there but for someone who's a proven goalscorer at this level, he's been a massive letdown when we needed him to perform. I wouldn't have anything against us giving him another chance as we know he's capable of scoring goals, but from the way he's played so far he hasn't earned another contract here and it wouldn't surprise me to see him to go to QOS.

Hows Colin McMenamin been playing. Strong rumours down here that he is about to sign for QOS again

Colin has confirmed that he won't be at Morton next season, so it could be a strong possibility that he's off to Queens.

He's a good First Division player, despite his poor stint at Cappielow. If he can be supplied the right service, he will be a good striker at this level. He's also guaranteed to score against us.

Very useful against Airdrie. Not much use otherwise since they're relegated.