A great feeling at Cappielow..

Quite a lot of Morton fans wanted Turner.

Morton offered Turner a contract.

Turner rejected that contract.

Turner signed a 2 year deal with Dumbarton.

I, for one, feel like giving up on Morton in the wake of this.

Quite a lot of Morton fans wanted Turner.

Morton offered Turner a contract.

Turner rejected that contract.

Turner signed a 2 year deal with Dumbarton.

I believe he just got a job as a personal trainer and it has been mentioned that the combination of that and part time with us would probably amount to more than only playing full time with Morton.

Think he would have been a great signing for any first division team so absolutely delighted to have him in the squad!

I, for one, feel like giving up on Morton in the wake of this.

Calm yourself petal.

I was pointing out that not only have Morton fans 'heard' of Turner, many infact wanted their club to sign him, which the club attempted to do.

Calm yourself petal.

I was pointing out that not only have Morton fans 'heard' of Turner, many infact wanted their club to sign him, which the club attempted to do.

How many? I've seen a post from one guy and today is the first I've heard that Morton were after him.

How many? I've seen a post from one guy and today is the first I've heard that Morton were after him.

If we got who I would like us to get the lineup would be:

Gaston

Taggart Reid Barr Dyer

Mcallister Bachirou Turner Tidser New

Macdonald

New

Oware

McLaughlin

Moon

Smith

Campbell

Obrien

Gaston

Reid Barr O'Ware

Taggart Bachirou Turner Tidser O'Brien

Campbell Smith

No chance of one up front and no chance MacDonald will be here.

No idea if the club are interested, but it's fair to say we'd like to see it. I imagine we wouldn't be the only other First Division club after him but he's a realistic target if he's willing to leave Dumbarton.

That's why I'm hoping were looking at your very own Chris Turner. :D

As I understand things the official end of the SPL was brought forward this year, it's usually June 1.

As its been brought forward if Hearts go belly up after this point (can't remember when it is) then Relegation would happen and as like last year 2 would go up.

I'm pretty sure the date was middle of May so we've probably passed it already.

HJ is probably your man for this.

ETA, forgot the SPL still has a game to go so it is probably Sunday (19th) that is the official end of the season for the SPL.

Edited by Gaz FFC

As I understand things the official end of the SPL was brought forward this year, it's usually June 1.

As its been brought forward if Hearts go belly up after this point (can't remember when it is) then Relegation would happen and as like last year 2 would go up.

I'm pretty sure the date was middle of May so we've probably passed it already.

HJ is probably your man for this.

If Hearts get a points deduction that takes them below Dundee then it might just be that Hearts become the relegated team and Dundee stay where they are, which tbh would probably suit me fine.

If Hearts get a points deduction that takes them below Dundee then it might just be that Hearts become the relegated team and Dundee stay where they are, which tbh would probably suit me fine.

I was more focussing on Hearts doing a Rangers.

Have you seen the debt they carry?

I was more focussing on Hearts doing a Rangers.

Have you seen the debt they carry?

But if Hearts are liquidated it wouldn't go to a straight 2 up nobody down. It would be a vote between Morton and Dundee, like it was a vote between Dunfermline and Dundee last year. And we're a less attractive proposition to the majority of SPL clubs, meaning we'd lose the vote.

Which, like GiGi, would suit me fine.

But if Hearts are liquidated it wouldn't go to a straight 2 up nobody down. It would be a vote between Morton and Dundee, like it was a vote between Dunfermline and Dundee last year.

I seriously don't remember a vote.

All I know was that the rules state if a club is relegated by the end date of the season, which used to be June 1 then they ate considered an SFL club.

Basically if Hearts go tits up like Rangers after the finish date, then Dundee will be down and Morton promoted mirroring last season with you being Dundee, Hearts being Rangers and Dundee being Dunfermline.

Can't remember a vote Toby.

Mind you that much was going on maybe I missed it.

My head hurts now LOL.

So that's Morton failed to attract part-time Craig Malcom, from Stranraer, and part-time Chris Turner, from Dumbarton, so far this pre-season.

Fucking guffaw!

Of course whenever we think we have it bad, we can always look to Ayr fans invading our threads and remind ourselves it could be worse.