A great feeling at Cappielow..

Indeed. Could have done without the downing of the tools, even before the league was officially over, but it's been a pretty good season. Hopefully it's something we can build on. If we stay full time, we've got Bachirou wanting to stay with us, and Tidser has already showed a desire to stick around as well.

I think building on it next season depends on whether Moore continues to try and stick with two up front when one has worked for us. If he does, we'll be nowhere near a challenge. If he sticks with what we've done well, I'd be hopeful of at least having another decent season.

You mean like the 8 match unbeaten run, including the most comfortable of our victories over Partick?

That 4-4-2?

You mean like the 8 match unbeaten run, including the most comfortable of our victories over Partick?

That 4-4-2?

That 4-4-2 had somebody on the right side of midfield. The 4-4-2 we usually played didn't and was a pile of shite.

You do realise Mr Rae bought that team to win the league right?

I'm pretty sure when he was signing them it wasn't just to finish above Falkirk.

Did Greenock council close down the place for a street party or something?

Greenock council lol

Where do Morton get the money from to sign these players? They look like they're going to be the team to beat next season as well.

I think Dundee will do well next season if Brown signs some decent players and keeps Harkins.

Morton will bottle it as usual.

Far too early to be saying that Morton will be "the team to beat next season" etc. However, if we can keep the spine of our squad - that being Tidser, Reid and MacDonald - and add some reasonable signings, then we will be up challenging again next season.

Where do Morton get the money from to sign these players?

I'm absolutely stunned that any First Division club could have enough money to pursue a player let go by another First Division club, a Second Division part-timer and a youngster released by an SPL club.

I'm absolutely stunned that any First Division club could have enough money to pursue a player let go by another First Division club, a Second Division part-timer and a youngster released by an SPL club.

Aye, that's a bizarre question.

Rusty, Hardie and Weatherson replaced by Barr, Moon and Smith. First two would've been two of our higher earners and Weatherson will be on more than Smith will be offered I'd imagine. So a fair amount of money will be saved if we get our men. Morton have been cutting back season after season for a few years now.

Edited by LargsTON

Aye, that's a bizarre question.

Rusty, Hardie and Weatherson replaced by Barr, Moon and Smith. First two would've been two of our higher earners and Weatherson will be on more than Smith will be offered I'd imagine. So a fair amount of money will be saved if we get our men. Morton have been cutting back season after season for a few years now.

Pretty sure Rutkiewicz was on a low basic wage with a higher appearance fee due to his history of injury problems, but the point stands regardless. None of them are players you'd expect to be out of range for First Division clubs.

Pretty sure Rutkiewicz was on a low basic wage with a higher appearance fee due to his history of injury problems, but the point stands regardless. None of them are players you'd expect to be out of range for First Division clubs.

I recall reading earlier in the season that Rutkiewicz was on a pay-as-you-play deal. Still gives us no idea how much he was being paid when he did play mind you.

Aye, think he was. I'm not going to pretend to know what that wage was ala Salty but I imagine he wouldn't have been cheap and he played most of our games last season.