A great feeling at Cappielow..

Morton fans are all over the place here. Much like their hilarious team.

Your scintillating form this season, particularly at home, is hardly a decent buffer to qualify your poor attempts at winding people up. Keep trying though.

Just make sure you drag Alloa or Cowdenbeath down wi you.

Cannae have those 2 bob 70s 'stadia' when the focus is on the league next season.

Next seasons championship is for attractive looking grounds.....and QOS.

When is the taxpayer going to finish building yours then?

Genuine question (and not a go at Shiels) but are the Morton fans disappointed in the lack of any kind of fightback since Shiels took over? Or was what he inherited just sooo bad?

We were already down when he took over, Rae gave Moore far too much time. He should have been sacked after 5-1 at Cowdenbeath at the very latest, but Shiels simply didn't have time to turn it round. Only a miracle worker could have kept Morton up from the position we were in at the time Shiels was appointed, and the only miracle working manager around here was already taken by Dumbarton.

Shiels clearly isn't above criticism and questions do have to be asked of him over his dogmatic approach, with his refusal to compromise on his 'philosophy' which sees us pass the ball about very nicely in our own half but do absolutely nothing when we cross the halfway line, as no one moves off the ball and our passing is so slow that we're completely incapable of breaking teams down. It certainly has been an improvement on Moore but it's still not good enough. I'm not going to criticise him for failing to keep us up because anyone who expected him to manage that was asking far too much, but the performances are deteriorating now; yesterday was our worst performance under him, even worse than the utter embarrassment that was failing to beat nine men, although it's still better than what Moore was offering up.

He'll be judged properly on next season, considering the circumstances he took over in it would be grossly unfair to call him a failure at this stage. There's no chance we're going to do a Queen of the South next season though.

Allan Moore had a team of fighters at least (see Celtic and St. Johnstone games this season), whereas Shiels has turned us into a team of shitebags. I actually think Moore would have done a better job with the players that Shiels has brought in.

Edited by IainMorton

Allan Moore had a team of fighters at least (see Celtic and St. Johnstone games this season), whereas Shiels has turned us into a team of shitebags. I actually think Moore would have done a better job with the players that Shiels has brought in.

Aye, like that time Moore's side fought...

I actually feel a teeny wee bit sorry for Morton fans. Having a team who are struggling at the bottom of the league is bad enough but when they don't show any fight,are content to just pass it about defence instead of attack and sign a load of overweight past it egos times must be tough. On the upside the away days in league 1 are much better than those in the Championship!

I actually feel a teeny wee bit sorry for Morton fans. Having a team who are struggling at the bottom of the league is bad enough but when they don't show any fight,are content to just pass it about defence instead of attack and sign a load of overweight past it egos times must be tough. On the upside the away days in league 1 are much better than those in the Championship!

Yes, I'm disappointed to miss out on Tynecastle as I've still never been there but having terracing at the majority of grounds we go to will be a welcome change. Arbroath better not get relegated this season.

Allan Moore had a team of fighters at least (see Celtic and St. Johnstone games this season), whereas Shiels has turned us into a team of shitebags.

Erm yes, let's throw a fucking parade for the sum of their fight in cup games, while neglecting their gutless showings over the entire league campaign.