Grand Theft Auto V

Just use sticky bombs if it's a gta race

But when it isn't, and someone's sole means of trying to win is trying to knock you off the road, they're a w**k. I've been in races with one other person, on courses that go round the whole map, 10+ miles, and within ten seconds of starting they're trying to spin me. Learn to drive and you might actually get somewhere.

I'm happy to race clean, but love getting stuck in and wiping folk out too.

GTA races are generally fair game. I don't mind bumping or incidental contact either, but deliberately ramming someone is just complete scum of the earth stuff.

Ed - I just realised my original post said "GTA races," I meant races in the game in general, whoops

Edited by Miguel Sanchez

But when it isn't, and someone's sole means of trying to win is trying to knock you off the road, they're a w**k. I've been in races with one other person, on courses that go round the whole map, 10+ miles, and within ten seconds of starting they're trying to spin me. Learn to drive and you might actually get somewhere.

GTA races are generally fair game. I don't mind bumping or incidental contact either, but deliberately ramming someone is just complete scum of the earth stuff.

Ed - I just realised my original post said "GTA races," I meant races in the game in general, whoops

i'm not overly fussed about winning races in gta (got about a 1:4 w/l ratio) more to have a fun race, so if i get ploughed out at the start, the challenge is working your way back up as far as you can. it's more fun than leading a race from start to finish. Plus the revenge from taking out someone who has taken you out is immensely satisfying. I'm not a huge fan of the non contact races, prefer to have catchup, slipstream and traffic on, even though traffic is an absolute bitch, it keeps things a bit more interesting.

I also love custom muscle races just to show off my totally awesome dukes *kenneth williams face*

• 1 month later...

I've been having a lot of fun calling the mugger on people, then watching the results on the tv in the apartment. Absolute clsssic today, some guy had a bounty on him and was in a tank, so you couldnt tell from the minimap, so I called the mugger on him. He was up at ammu-nation in the city with the car park and was kind of hemmed in. The mugger stole his tank, and as he tried to steal it back a car came from out of nowhere and killed him.

I kept watching him and he went back to try and get the tank, but the mugger was still in it blasting shit out of everything. He tried to rpg it, but the mugger blew him up with his own tank :lol:

I've been having a lot of fun calling the mugger on people, then watching the results on the tv in the apartment. Absolute clsssic today, some guy had a bounty on him and was in a tank, so you couldnt tell from the minimap, so I called the mugger on him. He was up at ammu-nation in the city with the car park and was kind of hemmed in. The mugger stole his tank, and as he tried to steal it back a car came from out of nowhere and killed him.

I kept watching him and he went back to try and get the tank, but the mugger was still in it blasting shit out of everything. He tried to rpg it, but the mugger blew him up with his own tank :lol:

What format were you playing this on. Can you do this on ps3.

• 1 month later...

I've not played in a month or so, are you talking about the freemode events update or has there been another one?

I have been playing the freemode events and they are quite good. It is the online Lowriders DLC that came out earlier this week I was wondering about

I have been playing the freemode events and they are quite good. It is the online Lowriders DLC that came out earlier this week I was wondering about

May have to check that out. See if there's any cars better than my current dukes. Unlikely.

May have to check that out. See if there's any cars better than my current dukes. Unlikely.

It is a big download (1.3GB on PC) and from what I have not yet had a chance to use anything from it. But from the vids I have seen you get add hydraulics to certain cars and get 2 new weapons and the ability to restock amo without going to Ammunition.

Love races with traffic on. Mental stuff.

Can be infuriating when a car turns directly across your path though, I agree though, I like races with traffic and catchup on and it becomes much closer and more fun. Harder, but more interesting.

• 4 weeks later...

Just caught up with the rest of the world and upgraded to ps4 now. I've just realised now that there is now 4 versions of gta5 in my house PS3, ps4, xbox360 and Xbox one. I was before I got the ps4 going to get one for the laptop but it wasn't powerful enough. Rockstar has certainly got their money out of me. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Just caught up with the rest of the world and upgraded to ps4 now. I've just realised now that there is now 4 versions of gta5 in my house PS3, ps4, xbox360 and Xbox one. I was before I got the ps4 going to get one for the laptop but it wasn't powerful enough. Rockstar has certainly got their money out of me. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

What was the reasoning for purchasing it on the PS4 if you already have it for the XBox One?

• 1 month later...