best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

If we are missing out fast food then it has to be TGI's for me, never been disappointed and you always leave full.

Worst would have to be Nando's. Heard so many people (mainly students who live off a diet of cornflakes and beans to be fair) raving about it. Went to the one at Silverburn and was raging about how small the portions are, how shite the food is and also the serve yourself thing.

f**k Nando's

You talk about students living off beans, yet your main criteria appears to be portion size. Might as well stay in and hog up on a box of cornflakes yourself then.

He's maybe just partial to a large portion!! ;)

Falkirk's Dragon Palace (on Callendar Road) is immense. Try the Chef's Special Fried Rice - winner!

It's the kind of place - like Asia Style on Glasgow's St George's Road - that doesn't look up to much, but the food blows you away.

Edited to add: I read the title as 'best Chinese restaurant'. I need sleep.

Edited by Nizzy

I hear there's a couple of Brazilian grills in Scotland now? They've always been my favourite. All you can eat meat basically. Served on a sword!

There is one on Bothwell Street, couple of blocks up from Central Station. Seemed a bit pricy from what we saw, but might get a lot for the money.

Wetherspoons is fairly good for what it is. The grill nights and curry nights are good value.

TGI Fridays is a rip off, food is expensive and not good value for money. I think we endes up there on work nights cause the lassies organising want the cocktails. Edit- the service has always been shite at both Braehead and Glasgow.

Ashoka is actually good, safe option, decent food and prices aren't too bad.

Edited by flyingscot

My thoughts exactly.

When I want to go to a decent resteraunt I get suited and booted and head out somewhere nice. Nandos is fast food that you sit down to eat and anyone who says it isnt tasty is frankly off their fucking nut. When Im a bit hungover a trip to nandos in my trackies is exactly what im after, ffs as long as you're not the driver you can ever get a couple of curers!

I feel a good bit of the nandos hate comes from the fact that so many of the hipster brigade cannot bring themselves to like something popular.

I have found the food to be of a very poor quality. Admittedly I don't generally eat fast food any more (other than the odd chippy) so this might be the issue

Blasphemy. KFC food honestly looks and tastes like the chicken was used for medical research before being cooked.

And piri piri chips vs the soggy numbers you get dished out by the colonel? Bitch please.

I would agree with that and KFC poisoned my brother

I'd say Pizza Hut (Best) and Burger King (Worst).

I've never known a microwave that could flame grill things, but BK seem to disagree with me on this subject.

All burgers in Burger King are flame grilled, that's how they're cooked. They're then stored in trays until needed by a customer and they're microwaved to give a bit extra heat to the bun and burger together.

Edited by Gaz

I hear there's a couple of Brazilian grills in Scotland now? They've always been my favourite. All you can eat meat basically. Served on a sword!

We were at the one on Argyle Street a few months ago for the first time, and I was pretty unimpressed. I can only echo what everyone else says about Ketchup. Top quality burgers, reasonable price, excellent service. Their chips are as good as I've tasted in this country too.

In terms of value for money and portion sizes I'd probably say Pizza Hut. McDonald's is also pretty good for what it is.

The worst ones for me are Burger King and Nandos. Burger King is just McDonald's except with smaller portions of chips and £2 extra on your bill. Nando's is just shite, admittedly I've only been once, but after my dry chicken in a dry bun I doubt I'll be back. You could probably add KFC to that list too, the food just looks rank.

Ones like TGI Friday and Frankie and Bennys are okay if there's a big group of you and you just want something simple with a laid back atmosphere, probably a bit pricey for what it is but the food is quite good and filling.

We were at the one on Argyle Street a few months ago for the first time, and I was pretty unimpressed. I can only echo what everyone else says about Ketchup. Top quality burgers, reasonable price, excellent service. Their chips are as good as I've tasted in this country too.

Tropeiro? been there a few times now and I love it! Also been to viva brazil which is the same idea only tarted up a bit and I prefer tropeiro however the deep fried sweet potato in the salad bar at viva is the dogs bollocks. Mug move to fill up on carbs in an all you can eat though!

TBH I thought ketchup was a bit meh but Ive not been in a couple of years