best/worst chain restaurant

mungo

Last time I had a F+B I did an all nighter before hand and was shouting "THIS IS PURE LIKE THE SCENE IN PULP FICTION" whilst trying to calculate how to eat a fried mushroom. Was alright I guess. Woke up in Alloa after it though.

McDonalds honestly give me the boak. The only time I have a McDonalds is when I have training once a month in Motherwell (extremely grim) when I can't be arsed branching anywhere else. It's always full of weans screaming and shouting, ketchup on the floor and the food is probably 95% horse testicles.

Love a DiMaggio's, I must say. Italian food is spot on.

DiMaggios is my favourite. The other ones in Glasgow and beyond are all reasonable but the Byres Road one always has a good atmosphere with dimmed lights/candles which means and doesn't reall have that 'chain restaurant feel'. It was always my go to stop with uni friends and meals were always supplemented by pints. I've had a lot of good times there, although I haven't been in a while.

Pinto is wonderful, though like Fuctifano said, the chilli for the nachos is shite. Stick to the burritos and you're in for a good 'un.

It's not a chain (I don't think) but Bread Meats Bread is really excellent. There's also Burger Meats Bun, which is just the same place with a different menu, which is supposedly equally as excellent.

• 3 weeks later...

Frankenstein's seems to be a chain- service in the Edinburgh one was bloody shocking last time I went there. It took a hour to bring us a cold cheese burger. Fux ake! :angry:

I'm shocked you even bothered to wait for an hour

The best chain I've ever been to was Five Guys in Canada. The best fast food burger I have ever had.

Locally, Pinto has to be my favourite, haven't had one in a while though.

Worst has to be McDonalds. I've never understood the fascination with the place. Must be the billions they spend on marketing.

The best chain I've ever been to was Five Guys in Canada. The best fast food burger I have ever had.

Locally, Pinto has to be my favourite, haven't had one in a while though.

Worst has to be McDonalds. I've never understood the fascination with the place. Must be the billions they spend on marketing.

The milkshakes are good.

Pinto is indeed, the dogs bollocks.

Pinto is decent but the burrito wrapping skills are a bit hit and miss. Quite often end up with loads of guac bursting out the side.

I prefer Taco Mazuma for food but some of the staff seem to be in lalaland.

Never had any issues with Frankie and Benny's so will vote that as best

Don't classify Weatherspoons as a restaurant, But it serves the worst food I have ever had when eaten out. So refuse to eat there now.

Fast food places like Mcdonalds, KFC, Burger king etc are fine. you know what you are getting

Never had any issues with Frankie and Benny's so will vote that as best

Don't classify Weatherspoons as a restaurant, But it serves the worst food I have ever had when eaten out. So refuse to eat there now.

Fast food places like Mcdonalds, KFC, Burger king etc are fine. you know what you are getting

F&B is hit or miss, I've been to 4 and the one in Perth and kirkcaldy the service and food have not been very good but they were new so maybe they are better. Dunfermline and the one in the omni center are good.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd say my best was wagamama. Went to the one in Livingston and it was brilliant. Had the coconut and lime curry. Other half at the katsu curry. Both great. It's a bit pricy but probably on balance worth it.

I don't mind Nandos, or F&B for that matter. Chiquitos is hit or miss though.

I'd love to see a Thai fast food chain.

• 5 months later...

One opening in Glasgow as well. On the same street as where "Gourmet Burger" is opening and where Bread Meats Bread is. Quite the "in" food just now.

Three. Two in the city centre and one in Braehead. No idea if they're any good though.

I can't believe so many people like Ketchup. I went once and the burger was that dense and regularly-shaped affair that made it clear it was processed off-site and sent frozen to the outlets. It left a patina of chemically ming on the roof of my mouth. It doesn't even have the excuse of being a "big chain" as some folk seem to think it is. It's owned by Stephan King's G1 Group. To my knowledge the handful here in Scotland are all there is.