Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Much as we can guess what might happen with players being let go, Rangers' future role in Scottish football, the key thing in this is all about business decisions. Adminstrators are driven by financial statements and decisions, and all they have to do is cut costs, collect ALL the money owed, make Rangers as attractive as possible to would be purchasers, while making sure they maximize the return to ALL creditors.

Based on that approach decisions become easy (why has it taken 3 weeks?), and starting with the players probably percentage of body fat and size of paypacket would be as good a basis as any to decide who to wave bye bye to. (Could Mr Healey come in first please!)laugh.gif

Edited by thelegendthatis

I could see SFL1 clubs going for the existing model (12-10-10-10) if the already-mooted, and widely-desired, Relegation Play-off was added. They get a season with big money, and still a chance of promotion.

Not sure if you mean between two sides (like the last Aberdeen v Dunfermline one) or the current 4 team setup in Divisions 2 & 3 which I'm a big fan of even though Brechin have been dumped out of every single one so far. dry.gif

Does this not mean that redundancies are delayed indefinitely again?

It's a fudge or wagefudge, but bigger earners will be dropping a pile to keep the lesser earners there. Fair bit of decency in that and praise worthy but surprised there's no-one volunteering to go, maybe that's next steps.

its a football debt which i believe gets some sort of special priority.

This is the case in England I'm sure, but not here.

I'd imagine Thompson at Dundee Utd, and I daresay Hearts as well, could have something to say if they don't get the money due them but Dunfermline do.

The more that happens (or doesn't, as the case is here), the more I think that this is an administration in name only.

I thought the money owed to Hearts was still on schedule - 400k paid, 400k due in summer and a final 400k later - so they're not in the same category as Utd and Dunfermline yet? And if the administrators are willing to pay Dunfermline now, it bodes well for United that they could be next - doubt they'll be unhappy at all.

I'd imagine Thompson at Dundee Utd, and I daresay Hearts as well, could have something to say if they don't get the money due them but Dunfermline do.

Sweetener for Yorkston who has been making noises about not bending over on Rangers getting off too easy? :rolleyes:

Edited by Drooper

My link

Asked whether they were still hopeful the club would avoid liquidation, the source said: "We are, but let's be clear of definitions of liquidation.

"If your view of liquidation is a process of cessation of the football club we are very hopeful and confident that will not happen."

What other possible definition of liquidation can there be?

Creditors of all shapes and sizes should be putting tremendous pressure on the administrators.

From Glasgow Herald:

With Ogilvie Rangers secretary at that time, Stewart Regan, the SFA chief executive, felt it would be unwise to have him involved in any investigation. "Campbell won't play any part in any meeting, discussion or conclusion on any activities surrounding Rangers," Regan was quoted as saying.

"I think it's pretty obvious that he's heavily conflicted. We've been aware of the issue for a while. We've been aware that people have views and believe that pieces of evidence exist. What we're trying to do at the moment is get hold of as much information as we can.

"The board will meet to discuss it within a week or maybe slightly longer. "

I do hope when they vigorously hunt for these pieces of evidence, if there is anything they find which they even suspect of illegality, they will be straight onto Strathclyde Police. http://www.strathclyde.police.uk/index.asp?locID=113&docID=-1

Would selling season tickets you don't own fall into Proceeds of Crime?

In fact it might be quicker and easier just to get them in now.

My link

Asked whether they were still hopeful the club would avoid liquidation, the source said: "We are, but let's be clear of definitions of liquidation.

"If your view of liquidation is a process of cessation of the football club we are very hopeful and confident that will not happen."

What else can liquidation be described as?

I thought the money owed to Hearts was still on schedule - 400k paid, 400k due in summer and a final 400k later - so they're not in the same category as Utd and Dunfermline yet? And if the administrators are willing to pay Dunfermline now, it bodes well for United that they could be next - doubt they'll be unhappy at all.

I haven't heard of Dundee Utd making any noises about their money since the whole Thompson death threat thing. Yorkston's played it well. I still don't think they can do that though.

Interesting how everybody calls it a fooball debt.The money never belonged to Rangers in the first place,the same as the Dundee Utd money.The ticket sales belonged to the other clubs and I think the matter being brought up in parliament has decided the administrators as it was described as theft.

Sounds to me that they want to get liquidated, but Rangers will not cease to exist?

Liquidation of the company is different to 'liquidation' as a turn-of-phrase for the football club. Rangers the football entity can continue if The Rangers FC plc is liquidated.

Edited by HibeeJibee

Creditors of all shapes and sizes should be putting tremendous pressure on the administrators.

As should any authority involved in monitoring the conduct of adminstrators.

This crew or 'administrators' stink almost as badly as Whyte, IMO. Very early on in this thread, I posted the link to a page of their website whereby they had a brief statement about the Rangers situation prior to being appointed as adminstrators. It might well be the case that there is nothing irregular in that, but it clearly demonstrates that they have a broader interest than simply seeking to secure the best outcome for creditors. Indeed, it seems to me that they haven't made any secret of this.

Conflict of interest? Hard to see past this, not least given how the adminstration process appears to have been conducted thus far.

I've got a feeling ...

that at the end of the day there are going to be more than a few very, very disappointed people on here. All these 'tick tock' and 'are they dead yet' posts could just turn out to be a total waste of time and effort. And that's not to mention all the money wasted on ice-cream and popcorn.

:P

Since 'Well were in the grubber 10 years ago - I've taken an interest in the way other administrations have gone up here and south of the border - and the pace of action from the administrators in this case just seems completely out of step with every other one. Given that they are hemorrhaging cash in a pretty spectacular way, I can't get my head round the fact that there hasn't been far more decisive action in terms of cutbacks to staff and other "obvious" outgoings. The administrators seem to be running Rangers in a "steady state" the way we saw Bryan Jackson do at Motherwell after the big cuts had been made - when I would be expecting things to be cut to the bare bones.

Sounds to me that they want to get liquidated, but Rangers will not cease to exist?

Yeah, it seems that way but they should maybe be a bit more careful themselves in the use of the term "the football club". Obviously the plan is liquidation and spring right back. Drooper's post about it all being planned already has me depressed now, it seems quite likely. Then again, we can but hope the list of good guy chairmen holds true and/or expands.

I've got a feeling ...

that at the end of the day there are going to be more than a few very, very disappointed people on here. All these 'tick tock' and 'are they dead yet' posts could just turn out to be a total waste of time and effort. And that's not to mention all the money wasted on ice-cream and popcorn.

:P

Many of us have had this 'feeling' from day one, so no exclusive there my friend.

Interesting how everybody calls it a fooball debt.The money never belonged to Rangers in the first place,the same as the Dundee Utd money.The ticket sales belonged to the other clubs and I think the matter being brought up in parliament has decided the administrators as it was described as theft.

ah yes you are quite right its not a debt......... but if you owe someone money then it is a debt right? no? confusing. :D

although football debt does get dealt with differently for example we had to settle up with the players who took wage cuts to keep us going. and so on.