Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

administrators just realised another statement, pretty muc saying there is no chance Rangers will be able to play in europe next season

surely they should be worrying about paying back creditors first. Is that not their job?

Do they think they are playing Football Manager 2012? Jokers

Edited by flood

It's been said all along that the Administrators have been talking to potential buyers - indeed Paul Murray said as much on talkSport this morning. So this whole "we need somebody to come in NOW" must be nonsense, to make PM look like the saviour if/when he does take over - or he has been told by the Administrators "don't buy the business, it's a pup".

It's also been said that whoever buys the club, doesn't want tp hand over a brass ha'penny to Craig Whyte, if he is the main secured creditor - this is something that the Administrators have said all along they were trying to work out was the case or not. So - do they know? Is CW still the main creditor? Because if so, surely the Administrators legal equivalent of a star strikers "come and get me" plea is going to fall on deaf ears?

And this business of "if we don't cut the players, we don't fulfill the fixtures" - doesn't make any sense to me. As has been said, they could cut the squad down to boot boys and stand sweepers, who would play the remainder of the games. I can only assume that where the problem lies, is that even if they DID that, then other problems would come into play - i.e policing for games, leccy for the floodlights, security, insurance for players etc.

Where are Rangers getting the money to pay their players, non-playing staff, police, Puffy&Duffy, etc.

Is somebody actually lending them money? Or is the RFC accumulating unpaid bills?

Borys

Edited by Borys

I have said liquidation all along, even got me banned off follow follow, but I appear to be correct. No-one will buy them with the HMRC big bill hanging over them, let alone getting agreement on the CVA. I am sure that the debts are just piling up at ibrox as they dig deeper.

It seems their only hope is to find a way to stagger on until the EBT tax case and then for it to be found in their favour. Neither of which looks likely.

Further statements:

Duff & Phelps add: "There has, perhaps inevitably, been speculation about Rangers Football Club facing liquidation. As we have stated previously, we remain very confident that Rangers will not cease to exist and the team will continue to play at Ibrox.

"If a Company Voluntary Arrangement is not possible for any particular reason, any buyer of the Club and its assets would complete that purchase through a sale by the Administrators allowing the Football Club to continue to operate with the old company then being placed into liquidation prior to dissolution...

"We are, however, doing our best to ensure the Company trades viably during administration and this will require a rigorous cost-cutting programme. Our preferred option remains to reach a point where a Company Voluntary Arrangement is reached and the Club can emerge from administration as a viable business within its existing corporate shell.

"As stated there is a possibility that if a new buyer is identified a financial case may be made to sell the business and assets of the old company, but that is not our preferred approach at this time.

"We are aware of the statement from Mr King. We note his comments regarding the Ticketus arrangements but as this issue is subject to ongoing discussion and examination, it would be inappropriate for us to comment further..."

That part in bold is interesting.

Coming to a screen near You!!

the+liquidator+cult+movies+blog.jpg

This is what most of the Rangers fans I've spoken to want as well.

Yes, but don't you know, its so they can start at the bottom of the SFL to PUNISH 'the ememies' of Rangers? :lol:

They'll just go and "support" whoever's playing Celtic. They'll be "Killie fans" one week, "St.Mirren fans" the next. I hope the other clubs keep and eye out for these vermin and chase them.

A distinct possibility that the bigotted would do this. Though they are more likely to turn up where Union Jacks (at least in the past) are welcome e.g. Killie, Hearts & Motherwell and for a cup tie, hows about Airdrie & Falkirk dry.gif

Is this another new record set by Rangers, The only Scottish (if not in the UK) being banned from europe, not only once but twice? :D

PS, The phone in's should be brillant tonight 8)

They should just sack the full first team squad and play with youngsters. Not like its going to affect league position. The first team are murder anyway.

They would save a fortune doing that lol.