Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

SSN-Blue Knights bid submitted. Paul Murray confident etc.

The biggest stumbling block for any of the FINAL bidders will be the negotiation with ITZDRK. He seems hellbent on liquidation and I believe he'll refuse to sell so that he can make sure that happens.

regarding the SNP involvement in the rangers c.ase i sent Alex Salmond the following email, for all the good it will do but made me feel better rolleyes.gif

Dear Alex, The story in the Daily Record surrounding the meeting of ministers and HMRC about the Rangers situation, if true, shows a grave misjudgement on this issue in my humble opinion. Your support of a club failing to meet its tax bill saddens me. Maybe all businesses should not bother to pay taxes.

The demise of Rangers if allowed to happen would surely be a huge first step in lancing the cancer which is sectarianism in Scotland today. I cannot see what our party will gain by supporting the club as a great number of its supporters are politically unionist. Furthermore, you will lose voters throughout Scotland myself included with this stance. I refer you to the pie and bovril website forum thread rangers now in administration page 403-404. This gives a fair reflection of public feeling regards this situation and the loathing of this sectarian institution. For balance have a look at the rangersmedia site. Pick any forum. If it is the posters on that site that you choose to pander to then good luck and I and thousands like me will bid you and our party adieu.

Seems about right.

i cant see the blue knights bidding £30M

Plus whatever figure is needed for the running of the club. If he really does want 30m then the figure is going to be 50-60m in reality and it will never happen in a million years without liquidation.

Plus whatever figure is needed for the running of the club. If he really does want 30m then the figure is going to be 50-60m in reality and it will never happen in a million years without liquidation.

There is not a chance in hell that the Blue Knights are bidding anything like 30m quid, never mind 50-60m! This is pie in the sky stuff.

how could it possibly happen with liquidation?

SSN-Blue Knights bid submitted. Paul Murray confident etc.

At what point do the SPL and the SFA conduct their due diligence on the bidders? It was thrown about by numerous Rangers fans earlier this year that one of the main reasons they're in such a mess was a failure of the football authorities to thoroughly investigate Craig Whyte's background. Can I assume that this will now happen and that if there's any suggestion of questionable business credentials then the SPL and SFA will move to block the takeover? After all we wouldn't want to make a hopeless situation worse...

At what point do the SPL and the SFA conduct their due diligence on the bidders? It was thrown about by numerous Rangers fans earlier this year that one of the main reasons they're in such a mess was a failure of the football authorities to thoroughly investigate Craig Whyte's background. Can I assume that this will now happen and that if there's any suggestion of questionable business credentials then the SPL and SFA will move to block the takeover? After all we wouldn't want to make a hopeless situation worse...

your not suggesting for a minute that this wasn't all Craig Whyte's fault ? ohmy.gif

regarding the SNP involvement in the rangers c.ase i sent Alex Salmond the following email, for all the good it will do but made me feel better rolleyes.gif

Dear Alex, The story in the Daily Record surrounding the meeting of ministers and HMRC about the Rangers situation, if true, shows a grave misjudgement on this issue in my humble opinion. Your support of a club failing to meet its tax bill saddens me. Maybe all businesses should not bother to pay taxes.

The demise of Rangers if allowed to happen would surely be a huge first step in lancing the cancer which is sectarianism in Scotland today. I cannot see what our party will gain by supporting the club as a great number of its supporters are politically unionist. Furthermore, you will lose voters throughout Scotland myself included with this stance. I refer you to the pie and bovril website forum thread rangers now in administration page 403-404. This gives a fair reflection of public feeling regards this situation and the loathing of this sectarian institution. For balance have a look at the rangersmedia site. Pick any forum. If it is the posters on that site that you choose to pander to then good luck and I and thousands like me will bid you and our party adieu.

Great stuff Cowden . Thats exactly how I feel about this . If this is true , then Salmond the gambler will have backed the wrong horse . Cant think there are many votes for his party from ra peepul and will probably piss off the voters he has - like myself , you and thousands of others . Dont be true !

Who even make up the Blue Knights group anyway? You hear them mentioned but it isn't exactly any prominent names floating about. If it is a supporters group then you really have to wonder what they aim to achieve in the long term. If the Rangers supporters are struggling to gain over a million with their donations, you have to wonder if they've actually thought through buying the club out, and whether they can actually achieve that goal.

Good post.8)

30 million is just his negotiation start off price he would accept a lot lower.

And you know that how? Surely rapeepul being the world's biggest club, with the world's largest and greatest support, and the world's most glorious tradition :lol::P is worth much, much more than 30 million? (sarcasm alert)

I hope he holds out for 3 billion :lol: :lol: :lol:

Who even make up the Blue Knights group anyway? You hear them mentioned but it isn't exactly any prominent names floating about. If it is a supporters group then you really have to wonder what they aim to achieve in the long term. If the Rangers supporters are struggling to gain over a million with their donations, you have to wonder if they've actually thought through buying the club out, and whether they can actually achieve that goal.

You know, it'd almost be fun to see Rangers survive and run by a supporters group just to enjoy the mess they'd then make of it. There would be no cash for new players of the "quality" they expect, they'd not be able to pay the wages they currently pay, in fact more than likely they'd be struggling to cover the running costs of the club. To watch them struggle along whilst the very supporters that own the club desert the stands in Ibrox would be mildly amusing at worst.

I'd have thought it also quite worrying if Ticketus are involved. They'll have a huge, snarling dog in the fight to the tune of £20m ish, and as an investment firm, are they going to be interested in the normal machinations of a football club? SIgnings, form of the team etc? They'll want a profit on their investment, nowt more. If I were a Rangers fan I'd be quite perturbed at the thought of a group like that having a big say in things.

You know, it'd almost be fun to see Rangers survive and run by a supporters group just to enjoy the mess they'd then make of it. There would be no cash for new players of the "quality" they expect, they'd not be able to pay the wages they currently pay, in fact more than likely they'd be struggling to cover the running costs of the club. To watch them struggle along whilst the very supporters that own the club desert the stands in Ibrox would be mildly amusing at worst.

10 million per annum to run the club.heard that this morning. you can count the fans out :D

What is a tarrier? I'd never heard of the word before visiting Website of the Year.

It's very old American slang for the Irish navvies, and refers to the Tarriers who were the railway's jack-of-all-trades pioneers who lived a nomadic life mostly off the land as they cut across the USA building the railways through all manner of terrain, and in doing so built a nation.

Kids in primary schools up here used to be taught the song "Drill Ye Tarriers Drill" and the story behind it.

It's very old American slang for the Irish navvies, and refers to the Tarriers who were the railway's jack-of-all-trades pioneers who lived a nomadic life mostly off the land as they cut across the USA building the railways through all manner of terrain, and in doing so built a nation.

Kids in primary schools up here used to be taught the song "Drill Ye Tarriers Drill" and the story behind it.

What's that got to do with Celtic fans?