Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Whilst people are discussing a newco Rangers being submitted to the 3rd division, wouldnt someone need to buy Ibrox and Murray park from lovable hero Whyte 1st?

Indeedly, which is probably what the bizarre beauty parade through Douce & Phelch's offices has been all about - unless they've found a looney with enough money to pay off a huge tax bill.

Re: Sportsound. Did Jim or Doddsy mention who the 4 or 5 teams that'll go into administration if...sorry when the rAngers are liquidated?

Gotta love Craigy boys demands for releasing his shares. Retains 25%, no threat of legal action, first refusal on buying shares back, a rep on the board and best of all four seats in the directors box. Coupled with his response to the sfa judgement you gotta laugh.

*insert you tube of the man dont give a f**k by super furry animals :lol:

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4277457/Why-we-wont-all-help-The-Rangers.html

Kicking the basturds while they're down? It's only just begun.

THERE’S an old saying, you should be careful who you trample on your way up, because you might need them on your way back down.

Rarely has it applied more than in the meltdown of Rangers Football Club.

There’s an element at Ibrox who, when they were flying, wouldn’t have peed on the rest of Scottish football had it been on fire.

If you’re not with them, you’re against them. Do, say or write anything they don’t agree with and... well, they all know what you are.

That element went all the way up to David Murray and all the way down to guys like Mark Dingwall, who’s gone from running an abusive website to casting himself as spokesman for a generation.

Between them, they’ve left anyone and everyone in their sights without a name.

So what makes them think that now it’s all gone pear-shaped, the world will drop everything and help them out of the s***?

Which is not to say I believe the rank and file of Rangers supporters deserve what’s happening to their club. I’m not saying they had this day coming. Nor am I convinced the SFA’s ruling is the right one, because they shouldn’t be trusted to run a bath, never mind the national sport.

The transfer embargo makes sense, as it’s the debt run up through vanity signings that has — in part, at least — taken them to the brink of oblivion. But demanding money from a business who has none? Anyone who’s ever been hit with a £30 surcharge for going overdrawn knows how illogical that is.

What is fair? I’m not sure. All I know is that to give in to rabble-rousing mouthpieces like Dingwall and let them reinvent themselves without punishment because it’s The Rangers, is a non-starter.

Where were they when Clydebank and Airdrie and Gretna were dying, when Motherwell and Dundee and Livingston were in administration?

Hitting the phone-ins to sneer that no one should weep, because there were too many clubs in Scotland anyway, that’s where.

But I’ve long since warned the excrement would really hit the extractor when a big club went belly-up, churned endless columns about how Murray’s ego-driven, My Tenner To Your Fiver bravado would end in tears. So fans’ groups can re-write history all they like and pretend everything was dandy until that nasty man Whyte got his hands on them. But they’re only kidding themselves.

Yes, the SFA’s investigation centred on the chaotic reign of this chinless, gutless chancer.

But where’s the probe into Murray’s role? When are the fans going to turn their anger on a man who saw HMRC coming over the hill like a million Apaches and palmed the whole shooting match off to that chancer for a quid?

It might make the punters feel big to boycott William Hill and Vauxhall because they put cash into the SFA, but that’s going to solve nothing.

Rangers are rooked because Murray — aided, by the likes of his namesake Paul, who sat there as they unravelled, yet now claims he’s their saviour — hurled money at foreigners with no sell-on value, who took the club no further up the European ladder than they’d been with a team farmed in Kinning Park and Bellshill.

None of this is the fault of the SFA or their sponsors or journalists or anyone else on the most-wanted list of the No One Likes Us We Don’t Care brigade.

It’s 100 per cent at the door of men they followed blindly because they promised the earth.

Rangers, as a club, are the ones who did the crime. Now, they have to do the time.

And the worst they get is not being able to sign players for 12 months. They’ve got off with probation.

Yeah! My 100th posting on this thread. Can't wait for no 200. :lol:

I think once all this has died down there should be a root and branch review by the BBC Sportsound of its contributors. Too many have vested interests it seems to have any kind if objective view. The whole set up seems to have completely turned a blind eye to SDM "legacy". I reckon we have not been well served by our public service broadcaster on this occasion.

I'm not sure if any are fit to wear the distinguished badge of the BBC. The head burying has been extraordinary,no wonder they can't hear the fans with all that muck in their ears.

RFC can die,sooner the better. We do not need you to survive. Then their twin will hopefully wither as well.

There should be a root and branch review of the whole BBC Glasgow set up by London but there wont be. The BBC are too arrogant to accept there is anything wrong with anything they do. They care not for the thoughts of the licence fee payer, only for what a marvellous job they're doing.

I think the worst blow for the fans is going to come when the people that draw the markings in the car parks are made redundant. They love them.

They never shut up about the 'wee arrow people'

Edited by JRD

Whilst people are discussing a newco Rangers being submitted to the 3rd division, wouldnt someone need to buy Ibrox and Murray park from lovable hero Whyte 1st?

It wouldn't look very good on the submitted papers if Newco Rangers had no past, no ground and unable to sign players.

If I ran the SFA I would buy Murray Park and transform it into a national football academy, a facility to house, educate and develop the cream of young Scottish talent until the age of 19 (or whatever age is most appropriate) and then have a US-style draft system. It would operate teams in the youth leagues and operate alongside clubs youth academys.

As for Ibrox... If I had a few spare million I would pay to let it rot, crumble and collapse.

Combined with the birth of my first child, this day is simply...

glorious

Congratulations my man!

I hope your partner Duane, the surrogate mother and young Dorothy Judy Walliams Fife-Saint are all well.

beerchug.gif

If I ran the SFA I would buy Murray Park and transform it into a national football academy, a facility to house, educate and develop the cream of young Scottish talent until the age of 19 (or whatever age is most appropriate) and then have a US-style draft system. It would operate teams in the youth leagues and operate alongside clubs youth academys.

As for Ibrox... If I had a few spare million I would pay to let it rot, crumble and collapse.

Yep Bill Struth stand would convert into flats just nicely!!!!!.

If the newco Rangers start in the 3rd division the other teams should collude to let one team (say Stirling) win each of its games by a barrow load.

We then just have to hope Rangers drop a few matches and miss out on immediate promotion.

Rinse and repeat throughout the 2nd and 1st and they could take a while to get back to the top flight! :-)

If the newco Rangers start in the 3rd division the other teams should collude to let one team (say Stirling) win each of its games by a barrow load.

We then just have to hope Rangers drop a few matches and miss out on immediate promotion.

Rinse and repeat throughout the 2nd and 1st and they could take a while to get back to the top flight! :-)

1zgc8k8.jpg