Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Good to see Leggo focus on the real issue of the day. Not for him Neil Donkeycaster's ramblings and the club's shying away from a real decision: http://leggoland2.bl...coist-with.html

I've been reading Leggy's blog ever since the Gers entered admin and I look forward to them but I must admit in the past couple of days I can't get past the second paragraph. He really is becoming ultra-paranoid.

If the decision is taken to readmit Rangers against all other clubs wishes, can the 10 SPL clubs resign from the league, apply to join the SFL and leave the other two to get on with it? Its the only circumstance under which I can envisage me going back to another St Mirren game.

Theoretically they could - but you have to give 2 years notice to resign from the SPL.

Edit: Sorry - already covered by Jussy.

Edited by Gaspode

No, SFA I thought it said... :unsure:

Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/scottish/gossip/

The way things are panning out then there would be a conflict of interests for him, the SFA seem to want to do the correct thing and hammer the cheats whilst the SPL want to pander them back to financial health. Good move on the part of the SPL chairman, let the SFA do their job without him interfering.

That boy Leggo is a mad man

I think he's actually quite ill and needs help, but his blog is one of the best things to come out of these 700 odd pages.

Why does he call Graham Spiers "ODIOUS CREEP"? And why does he write Phil McGillivan's name as one word? And why does he insist on writing Alexander James Thomson's name in full? Is this a Barack Hussein Obama thing? I'm not sure anyone actually believes Thomson was comparing Ally McCoist to Charles Taylor.

Ralph Topping resigned from SPL?

No, SFA I thought it said... :unsure:

Here: http://www.bbc.co.uk...cottish/gossip/

Aye, today's Scotsman says he hasn't the time to meet SFA commitments. Looks likely Doncaster will replace him on SFA Main Board, with likely one of the SPL Board's club reps (but not Riley of Celtic) taking the 3rd SPL seat on the Pro Sub-board.

I may have missed something here, in which case, I'm about to get whooshed...

... but why on earth would you go support Clachnacuddin as a protest against a Rangers Newco? Clachnacuddin are a Newco.

Inversneckie had 3 teams. Clach, thistle and caley. Clach weren't invited to the party due to legal status (ltd company etc). They came out of administration last year.

Theoretically they could - but you have to give 2 years notice to resign from the SPL.

Gees, and folk at my work got pissed off when the company raised the notice period from from 4 weeks to 3 months!

Juniors sounds good. I'm more than up for that.

You've seen me 'play' golf FFS!

Don't the rough boys go to Junior football? They sound awfully angry on their bit of P+B.

Mind you, could be fun, the little scamps! wub.gif

uncle-monty-2_1955100b.jpg

Got to laugh when rAngers and their apologists say they are good for Scottish football. It was their boom and bust transfer policies that prompted other clubs to do likewise and teeter on the brink financially.

Ah well Karma can be a bitch. Ditch the of, Doomsday is coming for the tax dodgers then we can let the game get back on track.......

Edited by jagfox

Fully agree 100%. Ill health has prevented me from going to many games this season, I think I managed 4 in total. I always intended to return to the game once I was on the mend but I am now not so sure I want to. I've now unavoidably went "cold turkey" from the Saturday match day experience and I've realised there is other things I can do on a Saturday that also costs significantly less.

It's remarkably easy to forego your 90 minute Saturday afternoon fix - particularly with crazy 12 on Sunday or 7.30 on Monday kick offs against sometimes not very attractive opponents.

Mind you, when I was a teenager I never thought I'd stop being a regular attendee at (any) matches, I was a home/away and if unable to get away (it was a major undertaking to follow the Dons all over Scotland back in the 60s & 70s) I was at the reserve games.

Good to see Leggo focus on the real issue of the day. Not for him Neil Donkeycaster's ramblings and the club's shying away from a real decision: http://leggoland2.bl...coist-with.html

Loving how he paints Ally McCoist has having made a perfectly reasonable request well within the principles of democracy, and that it SHOULD have been TRANSPARENT ! ! !

Three things:

1) The manner in which McCoist bayed for blood over the decision was anything but perfectly reasonable;

2) Rangers agreed to the independent and anonymous panel along with everyone else

and 3) Is it not possible that, y'know, a major point in keeping the identities hidden was precisely to stop bigotted fuckwits from overreacting and threatening families, causing vandalism etc. etc. over any decisions made?

Edit: just noticed the previous posts section. I take back everything bad I've said about the man in the past; he's a comedic genius. My favourite is the previous post headed "IRISHMAN CALLS FOR POLICE TO POUNCE ON MCCOIST".

http://leggoland2.bl...eads-ibrox.html

Loving that article; the man is insane.

"Any Rangers player who snubs Scotland would be striking a blow for their country.

And they would intantly achieve the sort of IMMORTAL status among supporters very few have ever been granted."

What. In. The. Actual. f**k.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

...and what steps have the Administrators taken to try to save money? Not a lot, obviously, given they could afford to stay at a hotel overnight prior to the Hearts game. :wacko:

Same squad of players........................Kerching!

Same pampering..................................Kerching!

Same coaching squad.........................Kerching!

Same expensive card displays...........Kerching!

Loving how he paints Ally McCoist has having made a perfectly reasonable request well within the principles of democracy, and that it SHOULD have been TRANSPARENT ! ! !

Three things:

1) The manner in which McCoist bayed for blood over the decision was anything but perfectly reasonable;

2) Rangers agreed to the independent and anonymous panel along with everyone else

and 3) Is it not possible that, y'know, a major point in keeping the identities hidden was precisely to stop bigotted fuckwits from overreacting and threatening families, causing vandalism etc. etc. over any decisions made?

And it was transparent, given that Rangers already knew exactly who was on the panel.

Is it just me or would Homer Simpson and Peter Griffin have done a better job than Duff Man and Vanessa Feltz with this administration?

Nope. They are acting have dealt with all this as planned. They are not Craig Whytes administrators for nothing.

Three things:

Edit: just noticed the previous posts section. I take back everything bad I've said about the man in the past; he's a comedic genius. My favourite is the previous post headed "IRISHMAN CALLS FOR POLICE TO POUNCE ON MCCOIST".

http://leggoland2.bl...eads-ibrox.html

Loving that article; the man is insane.

"Any Rangers player who snubs Scotland would be striking a blow for their country.

And they would intantly achieve the sort of IMMORTAL status among supporters very few have ever been granted."

What. In. The. Actual. f**k.

I love the Leggo blog. Being alerted to that during the course of this debacle has been brilliant.