Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Is the 8-4 vote not just to allow the decision to be moved from SPL Board to all clubs, which is the rule change being alluded to. Reading the rules the actual vote for share transfer is 10-2. Spin and words to cloud the issue

Yeah, surely the 8-4 vote is to decide whether to change the rules so that the 12 SPL clubs vote rather than the 6 man board. If this gets its 8 votes then they will all vote on whether to allow a share transfer, with a 10-2 majority required to pass?

8-4 vote majority on keeping newco Rangers in the SPL ?.....what happened to their much loved 11-1 vote majority ?

At least this whole episode has confirmed that our league is a joke and I/we can stop wasting my/our time & money on attending this farce !

Edited by sjc

my theory is:

Bill Miller will not be buying Rangers, The SPL know this and dont want to be blamed for him "walking away". so delaying the the vote until such time the "takeover" becomes clearer either way.

just one of many theories i suppose.

As much as it pains me to agree with a Dundee fan :P

Spineless as they are, the SPL may also have played a blinder. They can drag the whole thing out by requesting clarification on sponsors contracts, etc, and just wait for Rangers to die, thus avoiding actually having to make any decisions. By the time a newco is actually formed, it will be too late to transfer the share, and they just promote another SFL team, leaving the Rangers newco as the SFL's problem.

Cue Doncaster with "We did everything we could to help, gave them as much time as we could" etc. Rangers fans appeased due to SPL trying to "help" them, others happy due to Rangers not being in SPL.

If it wasn't so ridiculous, it might be brilliant.

I like the latest theory but the one thing that makes me question it is why did Johnston, Houston, Thompson etc feel the need to speak out in favour of saving rangers? Surely if they were biding their time till they die alone they'd have been better placed to shut up. That sort of sentiment doesn't help with commercial revenues or whatever shit reasons they were using, it just serves to piss off your own fans and it won't be forgotten even if the plan is to let them die.

In other news, the Glasgow Gallery Of Modern Art has announced an exhibition over the summer capturing the spirit and dynamic leadership of Scottish football in the 21st Century.

The central piece of the show will be the following.

Steve_Kaufman_Homage_to_Picasso_Guernica.jpg

For the duration of the exhibition, the Estate of Pablo Picasso has agreed that it will be renamed "Succulent Lamb".

In other news, the Glasgow Gallery Of Modern Art has announced an exhibition over the summer capturing the spirit and dynamic leadership of Scottish football in the 21st Century.

The central piece of the show will be the following.

Steve_Kaufman_Homage_to_Picasso_Guernica.jpg

For the duration of the exhibition, the Estate of Pablo Picasso has agreed that it will be renamed "Succulent Lamb".

Scottish Football is becoming the Guernica of UEFA. Greenies for you.

I wonder if the wait has anything to do with Dunfermline not getting a vote if it is delayed to may 30 as Rangers feel they are more likely to get by with County voting instead of the Pars? Then again Roy is no dummy and knows all about bringing a club through the leagues.

Edited by Chuckinho

i need a bit of help. Trying to do my fixed odds for the weekend. Got Aberdeen v St Mirren down for a 1-1 draw, but unsure if St Johnstone v Rangers will finish 11-1, 10-2, or 8-4 for Rangers. Thoughts?

Better ask Neil Doncaster as it his decision based on what he belives is best for SPL & Scottish Football the SPL bank balance

I like the latest theory but the one thing that makes me question it is why did Johnston, Houston, Thompson etc feel the need to speak out in favour of saving rangers? Surely if they were biding their time till they die alone they'd have been better placed to shut up. That sort of sentiment doesn't help with commercial revenues or whatever shit reasons they were using, it just serves to piss off your own fans and it won't be forgotten even if the plan is to let them die.

Stops the Orcs blaming them and burning their stadiums to the ground, with them in it.

Let the beast kill itself.

As much as it pains me to agree with a Dundee fan :P

Spineless as they are, the SPL may also have played a blinder. They can drag the whole thing out by requesting clarification on sponsors contracts, etc, and just wait for Rangers to die, thus avoiding actually having to make any decisions. By the time a newco is actually formed, it will be too late to transfer the share, and they just promote another SFL team, leaving the Rangers newco as the SFL's problem.

Cue Doncaster with "We did everything we could to help, gave them as much time as we could" etc. Rangers fans appeased due to SPL trying to "help" them, others happy due to Rangers not being in SPL.

If it wasn't so ridiculous, it might be brilliant.

Pretty much what they did with Gretna, nursed them through to the end of the season, relegated them and left them to the SFL to deal with.

Pretty much what they did with Gretna, nursed them through to the end of the season, relegated them and left them to the SFL to deal with.

Let's hope they deal with them the same way the did with Gretna.

The SPL are considering a rule change that would mean the decision on the admission of a newco will be taken by all 12 clubs rather than the existing Board.

Whilst some people may be unhappy about what the voting requirement that accompanies the rule change may be (10-2, 8-4, etc.) I'm not too bothered. The only thing I want is for the decision to be made by all the clubs AND for the vote to be made public.

I want to know the way the chairman of my club votes on this matter and my decision whether to renew my season ticket and whether to ever go to Tannadice again will be based upon how Stephen Thomson votes.

This is the thing I want to know and see. The chairmen of SPL clubs have a duty to tell their fans how they voted, it will open up who the cowards are and those who don't care about cheating or the integrity of our game. Sadly I expect Stuart Milne to vote to return Rangers to the league because he is a c**t.

This is the thing I want to know and see. The chairmen of SPL clubs have a duty to tell their fans how they voted, it will open up who the cowards are and those who don't care about cheating or the integrity of our game. Sadly I expect Stuart Milne to vote to return Rangers to the league because he is a c**t.

I wondered that about the adjournment.

Perhaps I am being too optimistic, but I am hoping fans of the other clubs are telling their chairman that they will absolutely refuse to renew STs if they vote to allow Rangers in.

There has to be a competing financial imperative for them to consider, to rival the potential loss of TV income.

It's a numbers game though. The number of fans who will actually go through with any threat will be far less than the other income streams being lost to the SPL clubs. That's why Rangers being waved in is a fait accompli. Not enough people care.

If he does vote for Rangers Newco do you not think he is acting in the best interests of your club? I have made my feelings clear but the Chairman of your/my club club is better placed than you or i to decide what is best for the league and their club in particular. It is easy to sit here and say 'f**k Them/ f**k It 3rd division with them/us'.

If season ticket money doesn't come in from the glory hunters we will suffer....If your club don't get the TV revenue , sponsors money and the Rangers supporters visiting your club will suffer..i believe you have been struggling recently.

Chairmen are always going to vote for what they see as the best financial deal. We can all sit here and be as idealistic as we like but we know what will happen in the end.

Gretna were bottom of the league and were relegated on their footballing merits anyway. The same is not true of Rangers.

The reason I ask is because if they are due to be punished for playing players that were "dodgy" in the SPL, shouldnt they also be punished for playing the same players in europe by UEFA?

Rankgers have just received £100k from the Linfield game, which is kind of like putting a wee plaster over a bleeding artery. D&P will have that away for a couple of days "work".

Ally still trying to rally the troops, but as usual a hint of panic is breaking out as Miller has gone to ground.

He has as much a clue as we do about what is going on behind closed doors, but is being drip fed bits and pieces so that he can stand on the balcony and proclaim to the followers what he is being told. But more and more people are now realising that the cheeky chappy one of us image the he puts over really means f**k all when it comes down to it.

No one likes to pull the plug on someone that is terminally ill as we all cling on to whatever rays of hope we can. We dont want to think about the possibility of a full recovery if a miracle should happen. But sometimes its the kindest thing to do.

Rankgers are dead. They have hung on for long enough and cannot ever recover from this no matter how many operations they have. They are too badly damaged by their own actions.

Will it effect scottish football? Probably. Will it kill the game? Definitely not.

If he does vote for Rangers Newco do you not think he is acting in the best interests of your club? I have made my feelings clear but the Chairman of your/my club club is better placed than you or i to decide what is best for the league and their club in particular. It is easy to sit here and say 'f**k Them/ f**k It 3rd division with them/us'.

If season ticket money doesn't come in from the glory hunters we will suffer....If your club don't get the TV revenue , sponsors money and the Rangers supporters visiting your club will suffer..i believe you have been struggling recently.

Chairmen are always going to vote for what they see as the best financial deal. We can all sit here and be as idealistic as we like but we know what will happen in the end.

You still don't get it do you? There is a strong case for us being better off in the long term without you; remember, we've been in this set up for years and it disnae work...it disnae phuckin work! Even you can see that we've"been struggling" and that's with 20 years of RFC being crucial to our survival with their piles of dosh that they give us. If we keep doing the same things then guess what? We'll get the same result.

Even more importantly of course is that if AFC or anyone else goes under beacause we put the commercial interests of the biggest team in the country first rather than sport then so be it. Especially if said big team is seen to have been shafting all and sundry for the last 10-20 years.