Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

These recent developments where the Yank has actually made a balanced decision based on actually looking at the books are hilarious and have been utterly predictable. To think I waited patiently for D & P to tell us Miller was the preferred bidder.

Have D & P actually stated that he is not the preferred bidder anymore? Perhaps he still is as he is as close as they are going to get.

The Bears slagging off someone for buying their club are causing theit own problems.

The last day has added a smile to my face.

just when this matter seems dealt with their is some new intrigue...:huh:

It appears Craig, David and now Bill are walking away

Technically Bill never did walking away,

He never got out his Tennessee Tow-Truck, never walked towards them and if anything,

Is reversing in his truck very quickly with that annoying beeping noise trucks make barely drowning out the tick-tock of the death clock running on Rangers. Sorry St Johnstone I hope Mcdairmid is well insured as the Orcs last act may be to raise your stadium to the ground as they witness the last ever game their team play.

I know one Rangers supporting Barra man and he's not called Mike, surely there can't be any more?

I have no idea which islands affiliate themselves which way so I have no idea.

(This ones for John, formerly from Stornoway, then Inveness, now living in Dunoon I think)

The good citizens of P&B watched as Rangers went into administration, and almost to a man, were highly quizzical about the choice of administrator in the first place. Again, almost to a man - we expected Haudit & Daudit to breeze in, and within 10 minutes of looking at the books, it would have been... MacDowell, Durrant, offski. Goalkeeping coach? Offski. McGregor, Whittaker, anyone else earning megabucks? Right - thanks for your service and goodnight. Team full of kids and low earners, get us through the season - everyone else, Naismith, Lafferty, Healey... bye.

Good shout. Normally an administrator comes in wielding a giant axe, because they must stop a business losing cash hand over fist. But Duff & Phelps just seemed to bumble along while making noises about an announcement of a preferred bidder being imminent.

I think you are both wrong on this point, the administrators did well to negotiate a 75% pay cut on all the top earners at Rangers.

If we take Allan McGregor for example he reportedly earned £20K per week, after the pay-cut that would be £5k per week, over three months this would be a mere £67,500. And yet when the transfer window opens he can be sold for the value of his get out clause. I believe this is around £2 million. Rather than let him go for nothing as you suggest. If they can sell him for the full price of his get out clause, in simple terms that would be a £1.93million profit. That is just on one player. If you add in all the other players who are saleable at the club, there is a substantial profit to be made by keeping the players under contract until the transfer window opens.

There is a problem though, at the end of the season, we are led to believe players salaries revert to normal. There may be an issue with trying to sell these players quickly before this happens, as potential buyers may decide to sit tight and wait for them to get the bullet. But on talented players some club may decide to pay up so as to guarantee they get their man. Lets face it McGregor for £2m is a steal.

Even if they can sell only two or three of the big names, they will return a large profit from having not wielded the axe.

Slightly off topic, but that's an absolute disgrace of an article, despite the glorious point and laugh material it provides. "Senior players are believed", "a source close to the squad", "it is understood", "it is estimated". Irrespective of the story, nothing that weak should ever be printed in a national newspaper.

The Daily Record is not a newspaper, I know, I buy it everyday.

For the following.

Monday George Galloway column

Tuesday that SNP bint column

Wed Tam Cowan

Thurs Kenny Shiels

Friday, the review bit in the middle

Sat Tam again

It's the best comic since the Beano

(This ones for John, formerly from Stornoway, then Inveness, now living in Dunoon I think)

Do you think he's highly likely to gain preferred bidder status?

Call Kaye currently has a Rangers fan who thinks the problem is the fault of Duff and Phelps. And Graham Speirs is complicit because he hasn't asked the questions Rangers fans want answered.

Said chap also admitted to being one of the fans who emailed Bill Miller.

Do you think he's highly likely to gain preferred bidder status?

Not sure, his wife wants to have another kid so I can't see him being able to spare the £50.

From what I've been able to work out it's a bit like Ireland northern parts of the outer Hebrides are Rangers getting steadily more Celtic the further South you go.

Call Kaye currently has a Rangers fan who thinks the problem is the fault of Duff and Phelps. And Graham Speirs is complicit because he hasn't asked the questions Rangers fans want answered.

Said chap also admitted to being one of the fans who emailed Bill Miller.

We've now got a slabbering bint talking about 'passion' :rolleyes:

Oh FFS, she has pulled Miller up for never wearing a collar and tie, and that this is against the 'Rainjurs tradition', ergo he should have consulted with Rangers supporters as to his sartorial presentation. Holy Jebus :lol:

Edited by Drooper

From what I've been able to work out it's a bit like Ireland northern parts of the outer Hebrides are Rangers getting steadily more Celtic the further South you go.

I'll need to remember that... or not. Seeing as I'll never visit the bigot infested isles. I'll stick to what I know.

I like this whole idea of designating a Rangers fan to cry at each post. Adds a little extra satisfaction to it. This one goes to Gary in Brora.

I agree with Vikington here - I laughed out loud when I heard there were "3 new bidders". I too reckon that number was arrived at by a die being cast on an office desk.

I'll need to remember that... or not. Seeing as I'll never visit the bigot infested isles. I'll stick to what I know.

I like this whole idea of designating a Rangers fan to cry at each post. Adds a little extra satisfaction to it. This one goes to Gary in Brora.

This one goes out to John in Golspie.